Unforgettable

Remember Me

 

"Do you still remember me, ____?" The voice asked through the phone.

Kang Hyo, you definitely remembered him. How could you forget someone who you had considered your closest friend, someone who you had really liked. You ask yourself how you could forget him, yet you did, but it wasn't because of your amnesia. After waking up to find that you had someone who you loved before you lost your memory gave you no time think about things that you did remember, like Hyo. 

You liked Hyo before Kyuhyun, but that was when you didn't know Kyuhyun. You met him when you were only a first year in university, and during that time you developed feelings for Hyo, and you remembered the exact moment you had planned to tell him too. It was supposed to happen on New Year’s Day, the first day of 2010, but you don't remember anything past Christmas of 2009. It seems though, that your plans didn't work out because Hyo isn't the one beside you, it's Kyuhyun.

"Hello? ____? Are you still there?" Hyo asks through the phone. 

You blink, and then grin, "Hey dummy, how could I forget you?" You ask playfully.

You could practically hear the relief in Hyo's voice, "Man, I'm glad to hear that, I just heard that you were in accident and got amnesia, I didn't know how much you had forgotten." He explains.

"I only forgot two years of my life, I'm glad it wasn't more." You say.

You hear Hyo sigh before asking you a question, "You don't happen to remember anything after New Year’s, do you?" 

You lean against the bed rest as you look up at the ceiling holding the phone to your ear, "I wish I did, but I don't, did something happen during that time?" You ask suddenly curious.

"No, nothing really. We should meet up; after all I haven't seen you for around two years." He says nervously. 

You blink in surprise, "Two years?! That means I didn't forget a lot of things about you! Where were you though?" 

"I was in Japan for work, my job required me to go there, but now I'm back in Korea." Hyo answers quickly.

"Huh, I didn't know your job was that kind of job, didn't you work in a cafe?" You ask.

Hyo is silent for a minute before answering, "I, uh-got a new job and I knew Japanese so..." Hyo nervously explains.

"Oh wow, it must've been fun, huh? Well then, when should we meet?" You ask excited to see your old friend.

"Today? We can go to our favorite restaurant." Hyo suggests.

It dawns on you that you hadn't been to that place in ages and you quickly agree to Hyo's suggestion, "Yes! How about we meet at 12?" You ask.

"Works for me, I'll see you later then, ____!" Hyo says before hanging up quickly.

You're about to say goodbye, but he hangs up too fast, "Huh, something seems off about him." You say to yourself.

 

After getting ready to meet Hyo, you took the bus to the stop nearest the restaurant. Looking around you don't see Hyo there and guess that you are early, so you stand in front of the restaurant waiting for him. "I hope I'm not too early, it's too hot to stand out here forever." You mumble to yourself.

Suddenly you feel someone tap on your shoulder and turn around to see a different looking Hyo, but still it was him after all, "Hyo!" You exclaim as you launch yourself into his arms.

"Hey stranger, long time no see." Hyo says as he wraps his arms around you. 

You're about to say something to Hyo, but suddenly something about his touch sends a chilling shiver down your spine, giving you an increasing urge to push him away even though you're the one who initiated the hug.

Hyo seems to notice you go somewhat stiff and pulls away with his hands gripping the sides of your arms, "Look at you, it seems you've gotten younger rather than older." Hyo says with a grin not even questioning why you briefly went stiff.

You smirk at him, "Still trying to be smooth, huh?" You tease as you smack his arm playfully.

Hyo nods smugly, "Of course, if I didn't try I wouldn't be the great Kang Hyo, would I?" He asks as he begins to walk ahead of and into the restaurant. 

You follow after him shaking your head with a smile on your face, "Well he didn't change at all." You say to yourself as you follow him inside.

"Order whatever you want, it’s my treat." Hyo says as the waitress approaches your table.

You peek at Hyo from behind your menu, "Whatever I want? You know I will definitely take advantage of that." You say with a smirk as you scan the menu for your favorite dishes.

"I've known that since the first day we came to this restaurant." Hyo said as he took his attention away from you and to the waitress and telling her his order.

You smiled as you told the waitress your order, it was like old times with Hyo, even though it didn't feel like you hadn't spoken to him much at all in two years, you had still changed despite the memory loss.

After the two of you finished eating, Hyo suggested the two of you walk around Myeongdong, and shop at the markets. It turned out though, that Hyo just wanted to buy you stuff, you weren't sure why he was eager to buy you things, but you had to turn him down after he tried to buy you an expensive pair of designer shoes, "I'd love to have those shoes Hyo, but I'd rather you have money in your pockets." You say as you walk past the window that had the shoes displayed behind it. 

When you grew tired of shopping around, you began to notice that you were once again hungry because it was well past dinner time. Another realization also seemed to hit you, you had never told Kyuhyun you had gone out, and he would be home soon. An idea sparked into your frantic thoughts as you turned to Hyo, "Hey Hyo?" 

Hyo turns to you and smiles, "What is it ____?" He asks curiously.

"Would you like to come over? I can make dinner!" You ask Hyo as you begin pulling his arm without letting him answer, he definitely had no say in the matter. 

Hyo continued to let himself be dragged by you to the bus stop, "Why do you want me to come over so suddenly?" He asks.

"I just want you to tell me if my cooking has improved or not." You explain half of the reason why, but the other half you kept quiet. 

"Pft, like that could ever happen." Hyo says with a grin.

"Yah! It isn't that bad!" You shout as you come to a halt in front of the bus stop.

 

"Wow, you still live in the same building? What was your roommates name? Ji Hyun?" Hyo asked as you walked through the lobby and toward the elevator.

"This is all true, but how did you know? Did I tell you about it during the period of time I have forgotten?" You ask as you click the elevator button to go to your floor.

Hyo's face seems to turn white like he saw a ghost for second, but he swallows slowly and nods, "Y-yeah you told me you had a roommate, and that you lived here." Hyo explains nervously.

You nod at Hyo before stepping out of the elevator and walking the short distance your apartment door, and punching in the code.

Hyo peers over your shoulder, watching your fingers move swiftly on each button.

You could feel his presence close behind you as you open the door, "Yah, are you planning on breaking into my house late at night or something?" You ask as you take your shoes off before walking into the house.

Hyo's body stiffens as his heart beat quickens, "W-what? Of course not!" 

You laugh at Hyo as you walk into the kitchen and grab a pot from one of the cupboards, "Lighten up, I'm just messing with you." You say to Hyo who is looking around your apartment observing everything, "So where is your roommate?" He asks as he turns to face your turned back.

"Oh yeah, Ji Hyun? She's in one of the apartments a couple floors up, I moved out a while ago." You begin to explain.

Hyo's eyebrows perk up, "Oh really? Why did you move out? Wouldn’t it be easier to split rent with someone rather than on your own?" He asks as he begins walking by a bookshelf with framed pictures on them.

You smile excited to tell Hyo that you were finally a lot more happier than you had been, "Well that's kind of the reason I invited you over, I have a boyfriend now and I wanted the great Kang Hyo to meet him." You say as you rummage through the fridge. 

Just as the words register in Hyo's brain he is already staring at one of the framed pictures in horror, he didn't think they would still be together after she lost her memory, "You do? What's his name?" Hyo asks trying to hide the nervousness in his voice.

"His name is Kyu-" You stop mid-sentence as both you and Hyo hear a small tune of music play before the door opens revealing a tall figure with a smile on his face, "____-ah! I'm home!" He says happily as he removes his shoes and sets his things down.

You smile widely as you turn around and see Kyuhyun emerge into the room, "Kyuhyun!" You say as you walk over to him and hug him.

Kyuhyun hugs you back quickly before letting go and looking at you, "Hey, are you okay? I haven't from you all day." He says with worry on his face.

You nod at Kyuhyun, "I'm fine, and don't worry I was spending time with my friend from University." You explain trying to ease Kyuhyun's nerves.

Only then did Kyuhyun notice the other male figure standing in the room trying to avoid his gaze at all costs, "And who have we here?" Kyuhyun asks curiously trying to get a good look at his face.

You glance at Hyo confused to why he isn't even looking at Kyuhyun, "It's my friend Hyo, I’ve known him since I started University." You explain before looking back at Hyo, "Yah! Dummy look over here and greet Kyuhyun properly!" You say to Hyo playfully.

The whole atmosphere seemed to change once Hyo looked up; the first thing that happened was he locked eyes with Kyuhyun before suddenly making a run toward the door.

Kyuhyun was too fast for Hyo as he darted after Hyo, grabbing his arm and turning him around before grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and backing him against the wall with a thud, "So you finally came out of hiding, eh?" Kyuhyun says with a low and angry voice.

You stare at the scene in shock, why was Kyuhyun doing this to someone who he had never met? Trying to move closer, you grew increasingly scared, if it escalated punches could be thrown, you didn't know if getting involved was such a great idea, but you had no choice especially since your boyfriend was attacking your friend. 

Hyo let out a strained breath as he looked at Kyuhyun, "Hey man, what are you talking about? I was never in hiding." He says looking over at you.

Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Hyo's shirt as he slammed him against the wall again, "What am I talking about?! You know very well what the hell I'm talking about!" Kyuhyun said angrily, "How dare you set foot in this house, especially near her!" He shouts.

Becoming overwhelmed you run over to the scene and grab onto Kyuhyun's arm, "Kyuhyun! What are you doing?! You don't even know Hyo!" You say frantically trying to pull Kyuhyun away from Hyo.

Kyuhyun pulls his arm away from you, gripping onto Hyo's collar even tighter, "No ____, you're the one who doesn't know Hyo." Kyuhyun says.

You feel utterly and completely confused at Kyuhyun's remark, "What are you talking about, he's my friend how could I possibly not know him? Now let him go, please!" You beg Kyuhyun, you didn't want anyone to get hurt. 

"I won't! I promised I would protect you ____! Now I am going to pay back the person who made me break my promise!" Kyuhyun said angrily as he raised one of his hands that was now curled into the fist.

Hyo closed his eyes looking away from Kyuhyun's balled up fist, hoping the impact would hurt less.

You were full on ready to run over and push Kyuhyun out of the way with the little strength you had, but your head suddenly started to throb with a terrible pain. Kneeling down toward the floor you grip your head as you let a small groan escape your mouth. Your eyes were tightly shut as you wished the sudden pain would leave, but you were soon distracted as images flashed through your mind.

Kyuhyun noticed and instantly let go of Hyo once he heard your groan of pain, completely forgetting what he had intended to do. He rushed to your side and kneeled down in front of you trying to pull your hands away from your face as you tightly gripped your forehead, "____-ah! What's wrong?!" He asks panicked.

You barely registered Kyuhyun's words between all the images that were flickering in your mind, but you had enough consciousness of the outside world that you knew Kyuhyun was in front of you, and also the fact that you heard the door to the apartment slam shut.

The images that were flashing through your mind finally began to come together, into a figure of a person. Once you thought you had opened your eyes, what you saw wasn't the Kyuhyun you knew, but a somewhat younger version of him. His hair wasn't long, and his fringe was up rather than down. He was looking in your eyes and saying things with a gentle smile on his face, but you could see so much anger and worry mixed within his eyes as he comforted you. 

His words weren't clear as he continued to speak to you, causing you to realize that you were feeling the emotions you had felt in this image. Fear and anxiety, there was a lot of that. It felt like the fear you had randomly been experiencing the past two days. There was another feeling that seemed to feel new to the you in the image; it was a warm feeling, something that made your heart want to burst. Love, it seemed to be spreading through you, like you had just realized it. 

Suddenly Kyuhyun's voice had begun to reach your ears, as he stared you in eyes intensely, "I will never allow him to make you feel this way, or ever let him touch you, ____. I will protect you, I promise you this." 

I will protect you, I promise you this. 

The words echoed through your head, why did that sound so familiar? The scene replayed in your head with the same exact words, and you came to the conclusion that it was something you had remembered.

Then your eyes widened in utter shock, you had just remembered something that you had never intended to forget.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! I actually got a chapter finished on a Monday of all days! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

There is a high possibility of the memories chapters making their return for chapter 22

Thank you to all the people who read and subscribe to my story! Thanks to you I now have a little over 100 subscribers! Thank you so much once again! 

-Paige