Breaking

Remember Me

A loud beeping sound rings through your ears as you begin stirring on what seems like the most comfortable place on the planet. Opening your tired eyes to a dim light in the room, you move your hand over to the noisy object and turn it off. You really did not want to get up and go to work, you wanted to sleep all day so you wouldn't have to think about anything, but that wasn't possible.

Finally mustering the strength to get out of bed, you let out a long sigh as you stretch your stiff body. Walking towards your closet, you almost trip over a suitcase, but catch your self. You look down at the suitcase, and realize why it's there in the first place.

Sighing, you move the suitcase out of the way and go into the closet. It had been two weeks since you had left the apartment on Floor 10 and moved into Ji Hyun's apartment on Floor 15, two weeks since you had last talked to Kyuhyun or Eunhyuk, two weeks since you realized how you really felt about Kyuhyun, and two weeks of almost no sleep at all. Picking out an outfit, you change into it and head for the bathroom.

Even though you're the one who chose to leave, expecting it to be less stressful on you, leaving only made things worse. You admitted it to yourself everyday that you missed the life where you were treated like Kyuhyun's girlfriend or even Eunhyuk's friend, and yet you didn't know why you had not gone back to that life.

Walking into the bathroom, you lean against the counter and look at yourself in the mirror. As you stare at yourself, you begin to notice that you looked less like 'you', but more like a complete stranger. You looked and felt older, and your lack of sleep could be seen easily, "Aish, I'm a mess." You say out loud to yourself.

As you washed your face, your mind wouldn't stop spinning around the topic of either Kyuhyun or Eunhyuk, and it wasn't like you didn't see them, you worked in the same place as they did after all. The problem was that you hadn't talked to them directly for weeks, Eunhyuk would avoid you, you would avoid Kyuhyun, and both of them would avoid each other.

Drying your face off you begin getting ready for work, trying your best to get your mind off of the recent events.

 

"Unnie you're awake!" Ji Hyun says with a smile as you walk out of your room. 

You let out a sigh, "Yes, I'm awake." You say as you make your way over to the kitchen and grab a bowl for cereal.

Ji Hyun follows you into the kitchen, "Did you get any sleep last night?" She asks while watching you drowsily pour milk into your cereal.

You shake your head, "Practically none." You say before taking a bite of your cereal.

Now it was Ji Hyun's turn to sigh, "Maybe it's time you start talking to him again." She says as she pulls her cell phone from her pocket.

"I will, I know I have to sooner or later, but I don't even know what I'd say." You explain to Ji Hyun who is tapping at her phone. As you eat your cereal you keep telling yourself how right Ji Hyun is, you do need to talk to Kyuhyun, but in a way you're afraid to. You'd been thinking about this for awhile, wondering if Kyuhyun even loved you in the first place, both sides of you. 

"Hello? Ji Hyun? What is it?" The familiar voice pulls you out of your thoughts as you look at Ji Hyun who is grinning at you innocently as she holds her phone up to your ear.

Your face goes white when you realize who it is on the phone and immediately you react by shouting, "Ji Hyun!" 

"____-ah? Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asks with worry.

You blush when you hear him say your name after weeks, "Uh, sorry I can't understand what you're saying!" You say as you pretend that the phone lines are breaking up. Grabbing Ji Hyun's phone you quickly hang up and give her a look that could kill.

Ji Hyun half-smiles at you as she stands up backing up slowly, she looks over at the clock on the wall, "Oh! Would you look at the time! Unnie, you're going to be late for work!" she says as she tries to make her escape.

You follow Ji Hyun's gaze to the clock and realize you are going to be be late, "Aish! He's probably waiting for me too, and the suits! I need the suits today!" You say starting to panic as you walk hurriedly back into your room.

Ji Hyun follows you into your room, "He? Who is this 'He' that is waiting for you?" She asks with raised eyebrows.

Going into your closet, you grab the three newly designed suits from the closet and walk out, "Sungmin, he offered to give me a ride since I'm bringing the suits in today, and he didn't want me to take them on the crowded bus." You explain as walk out of the room and towards the doorway. 

Ji Hyun stops at the doorway and nods, "Alright, well have a good day, and at least talk to Kyuhyun." She says as you slip on your shoes and practically run out of the door.

 

"Did you lose track of time?" Sungmin asks as he takes the suits from you and sets them in the back of his car.

You nod as you open the door to the passenger side of a car, "Only because Ji Hyun won't leave me alone about talking to a certain someone." You say as you sit in the car and put your seatbelt on. 

Sungmin gets into the car on the drivers side and starts the car while nodding, "To be honest I wouldn't blame her, Kyuhyun hasn't really been himself for weeks." Sungmin explains.

You lean your head back against the seat, "Today is the deadline of the suits for the Spy theme, so I'm going to have to talk to him no matter what." You say back to Sungmin who nods again in understanding as he pulls out of the parking lot.

 

"____! You're here! Did you bring the suits?! Because you do know the deadline is today, right?!" Joon Hee asks in her usual happy tone she has been using since the day you met her.

You hold the bagged suits up for Joon Hee to see, "Yes I brought them." You say with no enthusiasm at all.

Joon Hee who is completely oblivious to your attitude clasps her hands together with a smile, "That's great! Before you go check if you need to do some quick alterations, we have a meeting so come quickly!" Joon Hee says as she motions for you to follow her down the hall.

As you try to keep up with Joon Hee's brisk pace down the hall, you forget to pay attention to who is coming from your sides and almost run into a tall figure. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention!" You say before looking up to see who you almost collided with.

"It's no problem, really." A familiar voice says as he also looks to see who he is speaking with.

Turning your head upwards you're faced with Eunhyuk, gulping you spit out the first thing that comes to your mind, "E-Eunhyuk...!" You say after weeks of not speaking with him.

Eunhyuk seems to be caught off guard by the whole situation, as he scratches the back of his head, "Uhm, I've got to go." he says as he flees the scene.

Letting out a sigh you begin walking down the hallway and realize that you really don't like the feeling of being avoided, especially by someone who is supposed to be your friend. Thinking this you realize you are also acting like Eunhyuk, but to Kyuhyun, "He probably doesn't it like it either..." You say quietly to yourself.

After the meeting, Joon Hee cheerfully directs everyone to go make sure the newly created suits fit the members they were assigned. Taking the easy choice you go straight to Sungmin's dressing room and knock on the door.

"Come in." Sungmin says as you open the door.

Walking inside the room, you take Sungmin's suit out from the protective plastic and hand it to him, "Here it is, let me know if alterations are needed so it fits properly." You say as you begin turning around to leave so he can change. 

"Eunhyuk or Kyuhyun?" Sungmin suddenly asks.

"Excuse me?" You ask back, while you turn around to face him.

"What I'm saying is, who are you going to first?" He asks.

You swallow hard, you hadn't thought much about it only that you would spontaneously pick one and go, but now that Sungmin was bringing it up, your mind was forcing you to think about it, "Kyuhyun," You blurt out.

Sungmin seems surprised that you actually gave a straight answer and nods approvingly, "Well then, I'll let you know if anything needs to altered." he says.

You nod at Sungmin and dismiss yourself from the room, closing the door behind you. You begin walking towards the end of the hall where Kyuhyun's dressing room is located, trying to think of what you will say to him, should you just wing it and say the first thing on your mind? Or should you act like you just talked to him minutes ago, not like it had been two weeks. Standing in front of Kyuhyun's door you take in a deep breath and decide to go with the casual approach.

Forgetting to knock you open the door quickly and walk in, "Kyuhyun, here is your-," You stop mid sentence, completely shocked by what you see.

Joon Hee is backed against the wall with her arms wrapped around Kyuhyun's neck, as he pulls away from a kiss you just witnessed.

Kyuhyun turns his head and his eyes widen, "____-ah!"

Joon Hee looks over and see's that its you, it almost looks as if she has a smug look on her face before it quickly changes to one that looks as if she is about to cry, "Oppa! You said we wouldn't ever be caught, especially by her!" She whines in an almost fake sounding tone.

 Kyuhyun ignores Joon Hee and turns completely facing you, "____, I-" 

You interrupt Kyuhyun as you walk over towards his couch, "I'll just set this here, let me know if something needs to be changed..." You say as you try to swallow the hard lump that is forming in your throat. Quickly setting the suit on the couch you head straight for the door, not giving Kyuhyun a chance to explain himself.

Closing the door behind you, you walk down the hall with your head down hoping people wouldn't see how red your eyes were beginning to get. Finding Eunhyuk's dressing room door you knock on it, but there is no answer, so you decide to open it. Seeing no sign of Eunhyuk you set his suit on the couch and grab a pen and paper from your pocket to write a note.

Setting the paper on a hard surface you lean down and begin writing  a note to Eunhyuk. Writing the note seems harder than it should be, you can't concentrate on it, all you see in your mind is the scene you just witnessed on an endless replay. Your hand only managed to write Eunhyuk on the paper before the first tear dropped onto it. 

You try to wipe your face off, but more and more tears pour out of your eyes to the point of it seeming endless. "Stop crying ____, stop crying it's not worth it anymore, just stop." You instruct yourself, but it proves to be unsuccessful.

Suddenly you feel someone grab your arm and turn you around, surprised you look up and meet eyes with Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk looks straight back into your watering eyes, "Stop crying." He says before pulling you into an embrace, "Stop crying because of him." 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! Long time no see!

I apologize for not updating in 3 weeks! School is part of my excuse, but I was also being the terrible slacker I am.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

I'd also like to thank everyone who has subscribed to my story, and also everyone who comments! It all makes me so happy! 

-Paige