Letting Go

Remember Me

 

 

You opened your eyes to a dim light shining through the curtains; sitting up you put your hand on forehead noticing that the pain was gone. You had remembered something about Kyuhyun last night, and when you slept you knew more things happened with your memory but that was all a blur. All you could remember was Kyuhyun's promise.

What bothered you the most was the fact that Kyuhyun was so aggressive with Hyo last night, he was to the point of hitting him, but somehow you having a sudden headache stopped the violence that you thought was inevitable.

"Finally awake, huh?" A voice said startling you.

You look up after being deep in thought only to have your breath catch in your throat, "H-hyo?" You ask before looking around at your surroundings. How did you get here?

Hyo looks at you curiously as he tilts his head to the side, "____? What's wrong?" He asks.

"Why am I here?" You ask as you begin to stand up.

"Huh? You don't remember? You came here yourself ____, something about you and Kyuhyun getting in a fight." Hyo explains.

Now you were absolutely confused, you knew for a fact that you and Kyuhyun didn't fight last night. You also don't remember coming here at all. On instinct you look down at yourself to see that you are indeed fully clothed as if you had gone out, and not in your normal sweats and T-shirt that you remember going to sleep in.

"____?" Hyo says as he waves a hand in front of your face.

You blink and flinch away from Hyo, "Where's my phone?" You ask as you pat your pockets seeing if it's there.

Hyo looks at you as if he were confused, "It's over there." He says as he points over to a small book shelf.

"Thanks," You say before making your way quickly over to what was supposed to be your phone. You furrow your eyebrows as you pick up the phone and unlock it. The screen lights up and you realize that this is Hyo's phone, "Hey Hyo this is your phone." You say. 

"Oh! That's right I don't think you brought yours!" Hyo exclaims.

You let out a sigh, "Well I think I'm just going to get a cab to take me home then." You say as you turn around only to be surprised by Hyo pinning you to the wall.

"Leaving so soon? I haven't gotten a chance to catch up with you yet." Hyo says darkly.

Staring up at him you crack a smile, "Oh come on, you've done this before I'm not falling your stupid tricks again." You say with a laugh as you try to around him.

Hyo doesn't allow you to move, in fact he just puts himself even closer to you, "Who said I was joking?" He asks as he stares into your eyes with a look that begins to scare you.

You frown at Hyo, "Ok Hyo, maybe you're not joking, but seriously move you are starting to scare me." You say trying to push him away from you.

Suddenly Hyo's dark expression changed to anger as he took your wrists and pinned them above your head against the wall, and leans down pressing his lips hard against yours.

Your eyes widen as the feeling of disgust fills you, you try to squirm away but Hyo keeps forcing the kiss on you. You try to get your wrists out of his grip, but he tightens his grip to the point that your wrists will probably bruise. Finally he pulls away as you stare at him angrily, "What the hell is your problem, Hyo?! You know I have a boyfriend." You shout at him.

Hyo smirks at you, "Oh I know very well you have a boyfriend, because that's what I am." He says as he leans down ready to kiss you again.

Wanting to get out of this situation you lift your kick your knee up, causing Hyo to double over in pain.

"Aish! You !" Hyo shouts between groans of pain.

After doing such a thing to Hyo you try to make your way to the door, wanting to get away from a person who was so different than the Hyo you remembered. As you're opening the door you feel an arm wrap around your waist and pick you up.

Hyo had a look of anger on his face as he carried you to his couch before violently throwing you down on it, "If you hadn't ran away to that bastard Kyuhyun, we wouldn't be in this situation right now." Hyo says as he leans down over you.

Almost instantly did that familiar fear creep up inside of you, but it was even worse this time. You felt Hyo's hands crawl up on your sides as you cowered from his touch. Now did you finally know who the cause of the fear was, "Hyo, stop." You say as the shakiness in your voice becomes apparent.

"What if I don't want to?" Hyo says as he leans down and plants kisses on your neck, before undoing the top of your shirt and continuing on.

Realizing that Hyo hadn't pinned down your hands this time you lift one up and slap him hard across the face, "I said stop!" You shout trying to steady your voice.

Hyo stops what he is doing and slowly looks up at you, the anger seems to rise in him again, "Did you just hit me?" He asks with a voice that is almost a growl.

You blink at him and nod slowly before feeling a painful blow hit you as you find that you're not on the couch anymore, but the floor. You clutch your side in pain as you try to stand up and run away, but more pain shoots up your right leg as Hyo steps hard on your ankle causing you to scream in agony as you hear a bone snap.

Tears graze your cheeks as you beg for him to stop. You just wanted to be home in bed wrapped safely in Kyuhyun's arms, but now you felt that you would probably never go home today.

"Now you better stay still or I'll break your other one too." Hyo states as he gets on his knees and leans over you.

You cower away from him as pain begins to cover your entire forehead, "H-hyo, please just stop, why are you doing this?" You say in between sobs of pain.

"You're mine, and I'm planning on keeping it this way now that I don't have to run from the stupid cops anymore." Hyo says as he stands up and begins to unbuckle his belt.

Finally you decide to just close your eyes, and hope with all your might that it would take you anywhere but here. That hope all but vanishes when Hyo presses his lips to yours again, causing you shrink back in disgust once again. Suddenly, images begin to blink through your mind as it did last night, except they were images that gave you lots and lots of fear. 

Hyo was the main character of these images, eventually they came together and voices came with the more smooth images. It showed Hyo doing things exactly like this to you, and you realized that once again you were remembering things. 

You opened your eyes as saw Hyo had no shirt on now, you didn't even realize how long you had your eyes closed, but you wished you hadn't opened them. You wanted so desperately to get out of this nightmare, but didn't know how to do so, you felt it would better to just give up and let it happen no matter how traumatized you would be.

The idea of giving up left as soon as images of Kyuhyun entered into your memory, his back was turned to you who seemed to laying down. He was on the phone leaning against wall talking rapidly before hanging up and sighing. Without even having to you tell yourself you seemed to know what and who it was about. 

Motivation sparked within you as you looked around the room frantically for anything that could help you. Then you saw it the bookshelf was pretty near to where you had been thrown off the couch, and it was right in the path of Hyo.  Reaching your shaky hand out, you grab onto the leg of the book shelf hoping Hyo doesn't see.

You pull on it and try to get it to fall over; it took a few attempts before it finally wobbled and began to come down. You then make your moves fast as you hit Hyo on the head hard causing him to become shocked and loosening his hold he had on you. This allowed you to move away even though it hurt your ankle, but you avoided letting it get smashed by a bookshelf.

Hyo on the other hand laid knocked out cold with a bookshelf on top of him. More tears form in your eyes as you begin to cry, you felt so scared now, what if you killed him? You knew though that you needed to get away. Having no other choice you crawl across the floor to where Hyo's phone was now on the floor and grabbed it.

Holding tight onto the phone, you begin your struggle of trying to stand up with only one good leg. It was painful, but you managed to stand up and limp your way out of his house.

Once outside you soon realize you are in the outskirts of Seoul, how did you even know to come here? Then your eyes widen as you remember last night as you were unlocking the apartment door that Hyo was watching you put the code in. Even though you had about breaking in, it was actually his true intention. 

It took a long time, but once you were far enough away from Hyo's house you slid down against a wall in an alleyway. You let out a sigh as the weight was lifted off of your throbbing ankle. With shaking hands you unlock Hyo's phone and dial the number to the only person you wanted to talk to right now. 

The other line rang and rang before finally going to voicemail. You hung up the phone and called the number again, "Please answer." You whisper, but once again no answer. You knew he had a schedule today, but you had hoped he would at least be able to answer his phone. 

You lean your head back against the concrete wall and sigh, you knew if you stayed here there was a high possibility Hyo would find you. Before you could try to remember anyone else’s number your head throbs with even more pain. You clutch your head as you groan, why did this have to happen right now of all times?

It hurt so bad that it brought you to tears. In a way you expected it to happen, but you didn't know what you would actually remember this time. Suddenly you saw Eunhyuk's face flash through your mind, he also he looked somewhat younger as did Kyuhyun's image from last night. He had a bright gummy smile on his face with little wrinkles under his eyes, and he was laughing. 

The image soon turned into a full blown memory, the two of you were laughing until you couldn't breathe anymore. That is until Eunhyuk's face changed to a serious expression as he said something that you weren't expecting. For some reason what he said seemed to be something you knew about already, yet it still surprised you.

"But I guess you like Kyuhyun, right?" Eunhyuks voice seemed to fill your mind as he sighed, "Sorry, I think it was time I told you." He says avoiding your gaze.

You clutch your head even harder as you grit your teeth in pain; you were remembering the first time Eunhyuk confessed to you.

"Even though I told him how I felt about you, it seems he's the one who wins, and knowing I can't have you hurts." Eunhyuk looks up at you and smiles weakly. "Even if you don't love me back, I'm still going to be here for you no matter what. I will be your shoulder to cry on, and don't you ever forget that." 

Your hand drops from your forehead as you let out a tired breath. Lifting up the hand that held Hyo's phone towards your face you begin dialing a number in. It rings only three times before relief floods through you as a familiar voice echoes through your ears, "Hello? Whose number is this?"

You let out a sigh as your voice is suddenly caught in your throat, you felt so relieved that tears began to drop from your eyes again, "Hyukjae," You manage to say before trying to stop yourself from crying anymore.

"____-ah?! What's wrong? What number is this?" Eunhyuk asks as he becomes increasingly worried.

in a deep breath you talk, "You know how you said you would be there for me no matter what, and that I shouldn't ever forget?" You ask as you wipe your face off.

"Yes I- wait I said that two years ago, how could you...?" Eunhyuk stops himself mid-sentence as the realization hits him, "Are you remembering things?!" He asks.

"I remembered what you said, and I need you right now, Hyukjae." You say as your voice becomes shaky once again.

"Where are you?" Eunhyuk asked suddenly sounding very serious.

"I don't know, I think I'm in the outskirts of Seoul." You explain.

Eunhyuk paused before speaking again, "Can that phone send location?" He asked hoping with every fiber in his being that it could.

"I'll check," You say as you bring the phone back down in front of your face, you searched through the call options and to your relief found that it did indeed send location, "It does!" You say with hope as you press the send button.

Soon you heard Eunhyuk sigh as he spoke, "It will take me an hour to get there unless traffic is bad, then maybe longer." He explains, "Can you wait that long?" He asks.

You nod frantically even though he couldn't see it, "Yes, I can wait." You say.

"I'll see you soon then, please be careful ____-ah." Eunhyuk says before hanging up.

You let out an exasperated sigh as you move the phone away from your ear and close your eyes. All the chaos from the moment you woke up to now exhausted you, and being in pain just about everywhere on your body didn't help either. Before you knew it your body had succumbed to a restless sleep, and all you could hope was that this nightmare would end soon.

 

Soon enough you were pulled out of your restless sleep by rain drops hitting you gently. You let out a sigh at first confused as to where you were before you remembered everything that had taken place earlier in the day. Slowly you lift your stiff hand and let the rain drip on it as you look up at the clouded sky, summer was ending soon as the rain signaled, causing you hope that autumn would be a much better season to you.

By the time you thought to check what time it was, the rain had completely soaked you as it seemed that its downfall would be endless. Once you unlocked the phone to see the time you realized that it had been more than an hour since you had talked to Eunhyuk. You clutched that phone as doubt began to fill in the pit of your stomach. 'What if he doesn't come?' You asked yourself continuously as you looked around the alleyway cautiously.

Instantly you shook the thought from your head, the things you remembered about him ensured that he was most trustworthy person next to Kyuhyun. Suddenly you squeezed your eyes shut as you realized how much you actually missed Kyuhyun right now, he was the key to your safety and now it seemed as if that key had been stolen by some mysterious being trying to pull the two of you a part.

"Hyo," You whispered, he was the one who stole this imaginary key from you, he was the shadow that seemed to never leave. 

"You called?" asked a disgustingly familiar voice.

Your eyes blinked open widening in fear as you slowly looked up.

"Found you," Hyo said with an evil smirk that seemed to twitch.

You stared at him no words managing to leave your mouth, your hope plummeted as you realized there was no chance for you to escape with the injury Hyo gave you earlier. On top of that he looked utterly crazed as he grinned wildly with eyes so scary you couldn't even bare to look at him.

"A bookshelf was the best you could think of? Sure it knocked me out for a good while, and it gave me this delightful wound," Hyo paused as he touched the dried patch of blood that had flowed from his hairline, "But it couldn't keep me out for long, and I'm sure we both knew that quite well," Hyo said as his voice seemed to grow more and more deadly by the second.

"W-why can't you just leave me alone?" You stuttered, "What good is it going to do you if you do this?" You ask as your lip begins to quiver while fear builds up and up making you feel like you're going to be sick, but ultimately can't. 

Hyo scoffs, "Tch, leave you alone?! Especially when I'm not done with you!" He smirks at you as he kneels down practically on top of you, "You better enjoy this because I definitely will." He whispers with a slight laugh.

You had begun shaking again as the rain continued to pour down along with your tears, this was it he was going to finish his 'job' on you, and who knows what he would do afterward, probably the worst as you assumed the moment he went from being your good friend to a nightmare.

In a matter of seconds Hyo's lips were on yours again, it made you feel disgusting, enough to make you want to eat a bar of soap. As he kissed you, you could feel Hyo touching all over your body as he tried to get your clothes off. By this time you were cowered so far into the wall of the alleyway hoping it would let you fall through it as if you were a ghost.

You didn't have strength to fight back, and that crushed you even more. You couldn't seem to understand how you had been full of happiness days ago only to have it stolen from you by a person you had trusted to be a friend to you for years; to the one person you had once dreamed of being with forever. He had shattered your hopes in the blink of an eye, but so did your memories, they helped fuel this terror, this need to get away, and lastly hate.

Hate? You questioned yourself, you couldn't seem to grasp to the fact that it had come to the point of hate. The feeling though, seemed to have broken free of being bottled up for so long, from being denied. Even after all he had done to you, you still denied any hate for him, but now you couldn't.

Somehow you had this great need to not give up, but to do something. It could be anything, just to get away from this boiling hate that Hyo was triggering. As Hyo did what he thought he was successful with, you raised a fisted hand while you lifted a knee ever so slightly to prepare to punch and knee him in the stomach. 

As you were about to make your move in hopes to get away, but you suddenly heard shouting. Hyo instantly took his mouth off yours as he whipped his head up to see what it was, but his eyes only widened as tried to get off of you as fast as he could. 

You were about to turn your head to see what he was so afraid of, but you let out a small squeal as Hyo was knocked off you and onto the ground to your left. You gasped as you looked over only to see another man’s figure looming over him and pinning him down to the ground. Before you could even try to identify the man someone was in front of you breathing hard and soaked to the bone by rain.

"____-ah! Are you okay?!" Eunhyuk asked as he put his hands around your shoulders to sit you up straight. 

You blink at Eunhyuk still in a state of shock as you look from him to the person pinning Hyo down, if that wasn't Eunhyuk then who was it?

"____? Did he do anything-" Eunhyuk is cut off as you jump while cupping your hand over your mouth. The man that was loomed over Hyo suddenly punched him in face and didn't stop after that, "You bastard! How dare you lay a finger on her!" The voice shouted in the most furious tone you had ever heard.

Your eyes widened once you heard the voice, you knew it so well. You woke up to that voice and went to bed with that voice, that voice came from the person who was your everything, "Kyuhyun..." You mumbled as relief seemed to finally hit you. 

Eunhyuk watched you as tears welled up in your eyes, there was a slight moment where he let his sadness show, but went straight back to what he really wanted to do: protect you, "Can you walk?" Eunhyuk asked, snapping you out of daze. 

You look at Eunhyuk and shake your head while taking a deep breath hoping your voice would stay steady, "No, I think my ankle is broken," You say as you point to your now swollen ankle that was various shades of purple. 

Eunhyuk's eyes widen as he looks at your ankle, "Did he...?" Eunhyuk trails off as he glances back at you only to see you nodding in response to his question. "I need to get you to the car." Eunhyuk states as he stands up.

You nod at Eunhyuk before glancing back at Kyuhyun who was in the midst of ruthlessly hitting Hyo, you flinched at every hit Kyuhyun had thrown at the now unconscious guy, you were not used to seeing Kyuhyun this angry. 

Eunhyuk sighed as he wrapped an arm under your legs and one around your back before lifting you and turning around, "You shouldn't be watching something like that." He says before turning his head and yelling to Kyuhyun, "Yah! He's unconscious now! Just stop and call the police!" 

Kyuhyun suddenly froze in the middle of a punch that was about to hit Hyo's bloodied face and stopped and stood up slowly while breathing hard. He didn't look back at the two of you which you had hoped he would, but instead he just stood there before speaking, "Take her to the car." he said as he pulled a phone out of his pocket.

Eunhyuk nodded before turning his head and carrying you out of the alleyway and into the even worse pouring rain. The car wasn't parked that far away from where you came from. Eunhyuk reached the car relatively fast as he opened the door to the backseat and helped you into it. Once you were situated to where it wouldn't cause your ankle too much pain, Eunhyuk went behind the car and opened the trunk.

He soon returned with a big blanket and bent down into the backseat again. Eunhyuk wrapped the blanket around you so tight you felt like you could tip over any second, "Thanks, Hyukjae." You say as you lean your head against the seat.

Eunhyuk looks up at you once he hears his real name being said again, he then smiles and shakes his head, "Don't thank me, you know I'll always be there for you." He says.

You look down and let a small smile creep on your lips, "You know, I've been remembering things since last night." You say.

Eunhyuk blinks at you somewhat surprised, he then climbs into the backseat with you and closes the door so he isn't soaked by the rain anymore, "So what you told me on the phone wasn't the only thing you remembered?" He asks.

You nod at Eunhyuk, "I think they come in waves, I get a terrible headache each time and it seems to get worse depending on the memory." You pause, "Today Hyo caused me to remember a lot about what he did to me in the past, and he took advantage of the fact that I didn't have those memories until the last minute." You explain to Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk nods at you in understanding as you continue, "When I got away I tried to call Kyuhyun, but he didn't answer. That's when the headache came back and it was about you." You say.

Eunhyuk lets out a sigh as you stare out the rained on window, "I was wondering why you had called me instead of Kyuhyun..." He mumbles.

"How was he able to get here when he had a schedule?" You ask him.

Eunhyuk turns his head back to you, "I called him, and to my luck he answered. When you called me you sounded terrified, and I needed to know if Kyuhyun was aware of this." Eunhyuk runs his fingers through his dark hair, "When I told him he made me drive and get him, and once I arrived he looked quite angry, like he somehow knew the cause of this." Eunhyuk explains.

"He knew," You say to Eunhyuk, "Hyo was at the apartment last night." 

Eunhyuk's eyes widen in surprise, "He was?!" 

You nod, "Kyuhyun remembered him, while I still believed him to be a friend." 

Eunhyuk was about to ask something else but suddenly the passenger door that you were leaning on opened causing you to begin your fall to what you feared would be the hard asphalt. 

Arms engulfed you as the very familiar smell wafted in the air around you, "I'm so sorry." Kyuhyun whispered to you as he squeezed you tightly.

For the thousandth time tears began to pool at the rims of your eyes as you unwrapped your arms out of the blanket and hugged Kyuhyun back soaking in the feeling of being in his protective arms, "Why are you sorry?" You managed to ask with a soft tone.

Kyuhyun leaned his chin on your shoulder as his voice shook, "Because I couldn't keep my promise."

You rub Kyuhyun's back as you lean your head on his chest, "That doesn't matter." You say before continuing, "What matters is that you're here right now, and that's all I could ever ask of you." Your eyebrows furrow as you speak trying to ignore the growing pain in your forehead.

Kyuhyun's grip tightens on you even more, "I love you, ____." He says quietly into your ear.

"I love you, too." You say while squeezing your eyes shut as more images fill your mind.

"____-ah, I have something I need to ask you." Kyuhyun stated seriously as he sat on the park bench next to you.

You smile at Kyuhyun, "What is it?" You ask.

Kyuhyun scratches the back of his head nervously before getting up off the bench and turning toward you and smiling.

You looked up at Kyuhyun confused by why he suddenly stood up, "Kyuhyun? Are we leaving?" You ask as you begin to stand up.

Kyuhyun shakes his head as he gently sets his hands on your shoulders to sit you back down again, "No, not yet." He says before kneeling down in front of you and grabbing both of your hands and cupping them inside of his.

"____-ah," Kyuhyun says your name with a smile forming on his face.

"Yes Kyuhyun?" You ask as you smile back down at him.

Kyuhyun nervously gulps before taking a deep breath and letting it out as he speaks, "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" 

You open your eyes and realize you are still being held tightly in Kyuhyun's embrace. You could feel heat creeping up to your cheeks as a warm feeling filled you; a memory a really nice memory had been given back to you. Even with the state you were in you couldn't help but smile widely as you let the memory replay in your head.

Kyuhyun eventually pulled away and looked at you curiously, "Why are you smiling like that?" He asks.

You look up at him and lean closer letting your lips mold into his, giving him a sweet kiss before pulling away and smiling again, "Yes." Is all you say to him.

Becoming confused Kyuhyun tilts his head to the side, "Yes? What are you saying yes to?" He asks.

"Just yes," You say before hugging him again.

 

Eunhyuk sighed as he leaned his back against the car; he had gotten out of the car unnoticed once Kyuhyun came back. She hadn't seemed nearly as happy to see him as she had Kyuhyun. Even though he knew it was the right thing to do, he now wished he had just come instead of calling Kyuhyun. 

Either way, it would have turned out the same. They would reunite happily and he would be left there forgotten as usual. Eunhyuk shook his head at his conflicted thoughts; it was time he let her go after so long. He didn't know where to even begin the process of letting her go; it was something his whole being resisted, but also wanted to do at the same time.

Suddenly he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he took it out only to see he had a new text message, he opened up the message and read.

 From: Joon Hee

Is she alright?

Eunhyuk unknowingly smiled at seeing who it was as he typed back a message.

To: Joon Hee

Yeah, she's fine, although she probably has a broken ankle, but Kyuhyun will be there for her.

From: Joon Hee

I really need to apologize to the both of them...

To: Joon Hee

Don't worry you will find the right time to do so.

From: Joon Hee

I just feel so bad, I let my jealousy get the best of me, but now I know I have to be happy for them... We both do.

Eunhyuk blinked at the phone screen, he only just now realized that all this time he had never truly wished them happiness. All he had done was feel sorry for himself, and if he had really wanted to get over her he would have been happy for the two of them not locking himself in his room wallowing in his own sorrow. 

From: Joon Hee

Say, I have two nice tubs of ice cream sitting in my freezer ready to be eaten by people who have unrequited love, and a marathon of variety shows saved on my TV that haven't been watched yet.

Eunhyuk grins at the message before texting back.

To: Joon Hee

Are you inviting me over for a date?

From: Joon Hee

It can be whatever you want it to be, but that's if you're coming.

To: Joon Hee

I'll be there in a few hours.

Eunhyuk puts his phone back in his pocket before looking at the now rainless sky with a grin, for some reason he felt happier than he had in years like a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. He then turns around and knocks on the window grabbing the attention of the two that were currently still hugging each other.

"Yah, love birds I'm pretty sure that ankle needs to be tended to soon!" Eunhyuk says.

They look at him and quickly unwrap themselves from each other’s embrace as Eunhyuk simply smiles at them, but this time it was an actual smile. It was his first real smile in two years, now he finally felt the feeling of happiness coming back to him. Taking a big step forward and letting her go he finally wished them all the happiness in the world.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! 

Man, this chapter was long, I'm sorry if it seems to drag on I just couldn't find a great spot to finish it at, so I kept on writing! :D

So how do you like the new poster? I LOVE it!

I've been writing this story since August, and I'm finally saying that I think Remember Me will be coming to an end soon. 

I do this every time but thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who took even the smallest amount of time to read my story, it's my very first and only story as of now and I still get all smiley when I see all the wonderful comments! I love you all! <3

I hope you enjoyed this long (11 page 5,000+ word) chapter! xD

-Paige