Then and Now

Remember Me

You were definitely scared for your life at this point, but who could blame you? After all, you were pulled into an unpopulated alley way by some masked stranger, and they wouldn't listen to your crying pleads to let you go.

The stranger just kept walking further and further down the alley way until you couldn't even see the street you were running on minutes ago.

Coming to the conclusion that you weren't going to be set free on your own, you began contemplating on how you would call someone for help, you hadn't mentally named the person you wanted to call, but your mind constantly named Kyuhyun as the number one priority.

In that instant you decided you would try your best to grab your phone out of your pocket while you were pulled to what could possibly be your last day alive. 

Managing to pull out your phone without your kidnapper noticing , you quickly punched in the number one speed dial, which happened to be Kyuhyun's number.

As the phone called Kyuhyun's phone, you suddenly hear an awfully familiar ringtone go off in front of you.

The stranger stops walking, causing you to almost run into him, and takes his phone out. He doesn't answer it, but instead lets go of your hand and turns around.

Realizing your hand was let go of, you react quickly by turning around and beginning to run.

"____-ah!" The voice behind you shouts.

You instantly stop in your tracks and turn around to see him removing his sunglasses, revealing the dark brown orbs you would never tire of looking at. 

"Kyuhyun?" Your voice manages to crack out, after you had been crying.

He nods and removes the mask he had on, "What do you take me for? Some stalker?" He asks with a slight smirk.

Relief floods all over you, as fresh tears leak from your eyes.

Kyuhyun looks at you with worry as he walks over to where you were currently frozen in place, "Yah, why are you crying?" He asks as he wipes a tear from under your eye away.

You don't answer him, and stand there for a few seconds before lifting your hand that is balled into a fist and punching Kyuhyun in the chest.

Kyuhyun stumbles back a little bit after taking the unexpected hit, "What was that for?" He asks with a confused expression.

You punch his chest again, "You know you're an idiot, right?" You choke out as more tears graze your cheeks.

Kyuhyun stops your other hand from hitting him as he looks you in the eyes, "Yah, did you think you were going to die or something?" 

Still feeling overwhelmed with all the emotions coming to you, you step closer to Kyuhyun and wrap your arms around him, burying your head in his chest.

Taken aback by your sudden embrace, Kyuhyun stumbles a bit, but catches himself as he realizes what is happening. He sighs and wraps his arms around you, rubbing your back, "Sorry ___-ah." He says into your ear.

You tighten your grip around Kyuhyun while breathing in his scent, it was true, you did feel safe being this close to him.

 

"____-ah, wake up." A voice says softly as they gently shake your shoulder. Being awakened from your exhausted slumber that felt much too short, you open your eyes.

Kyuhyun smiles at you as he reaches over to unbuckle your seat belt, "If you're really tired, I can carry you to the apartment." He offers.

Still a little out of it, it's just now when you realize you're in a car and not in your bed. Sitting up fully, you shake your head at Kyuhyun, "No it's okay, I can walk." You say.

"Alright, if you say so." Kyuhyun says as he steps back a little bit so you can get out of the car.

Getting out of the car you stand up straight, only to have your breath get caught in your throat as your face is inches away from Kyuhyun's.

Kyuhyun seems caught off guard too, but it soon ends with a grin as he looks you straight back in the eyes, "You sure like looking at my eyes, don't you?" He teases.

Becoming flustered by his question, you avert your eyes to the lobby door behind Kyuhyun's head, "Uh, shouldn't we get back to the apartment now?" You say to avoid a question that has an obvious answer.

A smug look appears on Kyuhyun's face as he takes your bag from you and begins walking, "Changing the topic only gives me more reason to believe you do." He says.

At a loss for words, you don't bother denying anything and follow closely behind Kyuhyun.

Coming to a stop in front of the lobby elevator Kyuhyun looks at you seriously, "So, what did you and Sungmin do?" He asks.

Pressing the button to open the elevator, you don't look at Kyuhyun and keep staring at the elevator's doors, and shrug, "Nothing really, we just went to a cafe and talked a little bit." You say.

You hear a quiet sigh come from Kyuhyun as a small smile, not a smirk surprisingly, creeps on his lips, "That's good." 

This time you do look at him with questioning, "What's it to you? I really needed to get to know him some more, considering I have to make a full on outfit for him, his personality has got to fit into it somehow." You say.

Kyuhyun walks into the elevator as you follow suit, before answering, "____-ah, usually you would hang out with my hyungs, and -me-, when you were away with Sungmin, even though I believe he would keep a good eye on you, I still want to be around you." He says.

Feeling a little spark of annoyance you respond, "I know, I know, you didn't like it then, and you don't like it now, but I'm a free person, you know?" You say before adding something, "And Eunhyuk and I are friends, why were you guys bickering like that earlier?" You ask as you press the "Floor 10" button on the elevator.

Kyuhyun looks ready to respond, but he suddenly freezes as he looks at you with wide eyes.

Feeling his burning stare on you, you look over at him with an eyebrow raised, "Yah, why are you like that? You look like you just died on the inside." You say before turning back to the elevator doors, waiting for them to open.

Kyuhyun doesn't answer you, but instead steps closer, putting his hands on your shoulders and facing you towards him. He bends down so that his face is at the same height yours is at, "____-ah." He says quietly.

Feeling color rising to your cheeks at the closeness of the two of your faces, you try to avoid his gaze, "W-what is it?" You sputter out as your heart begins to beat rapidly.

Kyuhyun takes one of his hands off your shoulder and turns your head back to face his, meeting your eyes with the most serious look. Setting his hand back your shoulder he stares at you with unwavering eyes, "What is the first thing you think when you see me?" He asks with the softest voice you had ever heard him use.

Taken off guard by the sudden question, you gulp, "Why do you want to know?" You ask trying to avoid his question.

"____-ah, please answer I need to know." Kyuhyun pleads.

Feeling like you have no choice, you muster up the courage, and spill your thoughts, " I think 'Ah, why is my heart beating like this for such and idiot? Why do I feel safe and comforted? And why does this idiot keep me up at night, thinking about him?' There are so many why's, I can't say them all." You say as you stare into Kyuhyun's eyes, while your heart threatens to beat out of your chest any moment.

Kyuhyun's eyes seem to soften as does his whole serious expression, "You answered that as you did two years ago..." He says, seeming as if he is frozen by shock.

As his words settle into you, you suddenly have an urge, that you can't seem to suppress. You do something that neither of you would have expected, and lean closer to Kyuhyun's face.

Kyuhyun seems taken aback by your being forward, but accepts it anyway.

Closer and closer, you close your eyes while leaning your head a little bit to the left, as Kyuhyun does the same. Feeling your lips brush against his, you feel a surge of adrenaline rush through your body as your lips mold perfectly into his.

Kyuhyun removes his hands from your shoulders, moving them to your back as he pulls you closer to him, like he had been holding back for weeks, and wasn't going to let this end anytime soon.

You lift your arms up and wrap them around his neck, a sign that you didn't want it to end either.

The elevator doors open with a ding, a sign that it's time to stop, but the two of you refuse to stop. 

That is you refuse to stop until you hear someone clearing their throat awkwardly.

You open your eyes to glance to your right to see who it is, and you're faced with Eunhyuk.

Kyuhyun seems to have done the same thing, because the two of you pull apart at the exact same time, turning towards Eunhyuk awkwardly, but avoiding his gaze at all costs.

Your cheeks burn red, from both the kiss and being caught.

Eunhyuk looks more or less unhappy about this situation, "So, it's already like that, again?" He asks with a sullen voice as he looks down, also avoiding looking at the two of you.

Kyuhyun steps a little bit ahead of you, "Yes it's like that." Kyuhyun says bluntly as he grabs your hand and begins to pull you out of the elevator. 

You go past Eunhyuk, but you hear him turn around behind you, "____-ah." He says.

You stop walking, and Kyuhyun stops pulling once he realizes you're going to acknowledge what Eunhyuk has to say, "What is it?" You ask.

Eunhyuk walks up to you, and you can clearly see pain all over his expression, "I thought I would be able to forget it, let it go, but it seems I can't, not anymore that is." He says.

You look genuinely confused, "What are you talking about, Eunhyuk?" You ask.

There is a pause as you feel Kyuhyun's grip greatly tighten around your hand as you wince.

Eunhyuk looks at you, and you swear you can see tears building up in his eyes.

"I still love you, ____-ah." Eunhyuk says in the most painful voice you've ever heard.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cliffhangers~! 

I'm having too much fun writing this story.

Anyway, the next chapter should be a memories chapter, so look forward to that!

Also, I will probably start keeping updates about how the chapters will be going on my Tumblr now, if you want to know how they are going, and if you have questions.

I hope you enjoyed this fluffy chapter!

Thanks to all the people who are amazing and subscribe to my story! <3

-Paige