Nightmare

Remember Me

 

It wouldn't get out of your head, the dream that is. Ever since you had that dream last week you couldn't stop thinking about it, and it didn't help that you had dreamt that same dream every night after that. You couldn't even pinpoint the significance of it other than the fact that you had a strong feeling that you knew those two people.

Even though you had seen the dream many times now, you still couldn't identify those people even the slightest bit, and even trying gave you a headache. It bothered you greatly that you couldn't figure out the importance of something so simple. "Aish, it might not even be real." You say out loud to yourself, trying to change your train of thought.

"I used to find you talking to yourself all the time; this is the first time in a while." A voice says startling you.

You look up ready to say something to cover up, but grin when you realize its Ji Hyun, "What are you doing here?" You ask.

Ji Hyun smiles, "It's their comeback, I've got to watch Donghae and the rest of the guys perform!" She explains. Before you have a turn to speak again Ji Hyun beats you to it, "I was asked to come get you by Kyuhyun, and he said something was wrong with the suit you made for him." She says.

You stand up quickly, "What? They're going to perform soon! How can something be wrong with his suit now?!" You say walking into the hallway.

Ji Hyun shrugs, "I don't know, but you better be quick!" She says to you as you leave.

Walking quickly down the hallway to Kyuhyun's dressing room, you open the door at walk in, "Yah! What's wrong with the suit?!" You say loudly as you pull out a needle and a roll of black thread from your pocket. There is no sound after you call out, not even a sign of anyone being here, "Kyuhyun? Where are you?" You ask looking around the room.

Suddenly hands slide around your waist as you feel a chin rest on your shoulder, "I missed you, ____-ah." Kyuhyun whispers in your ear.

You jump a little as a shiver runs down your spine, turning around to look at Kyuhyun you grin at him, "It's only been 30 minutes, how can you miss me?" 

Kyuhyun frowns, "30 minutes is way too long!" He exclaims.

You sigh and smile at him before you stand on your tiptoes and peck him on the lips, "It is too long isn't it?" 

Kyuhyun holds you close with a smile on his face, "I can't ever be fully happy if you're gone for even a minute." He says.

You continue to smile, loving the fact that he feels the exact same way you do. Kyuhyun continues to hold you close, causing to you to melt into his embrace, but only for a second when you remember the reason you were told to come here. Your eyes widen as you quickly pull out of Kyuhyun's arms, "Your suit! You guys perform soon! What do I need to fix?!" You say frantically.

Kyuhyun seems to remember too, and takes the suits jacket off, "I ripped the pocket on the front of the jacket." He explains as he shows you the damage to your precious handmade suit. 

You take the jacket and sit down on the couch, "Aish, I'm going to have to rush through this!" You say as you begin threading your needle in and out of the fabric. 

Kyuhyun sits beside you, "Don't rush, you have time, I don't want you stabbing yourself with that needle." He says while looking at you with a little worry.

You shake your head, "I'm not going to hurt- Ouch!" You wince as you move your finger up to your line of vision to see blood.  

Before you can even try to stop the bleeding Kyuhyun grabs your hand and looks at it, "I told you!"

You try to pull your hand out of Kyuhyun's grip, "It's nothing major, I've had this happen to me plenty of times." You explain.

Kyuhyun only tightens his grip, "It is something major! What if it had been something worse? I'm sitting right here able to prevent you from getting hurt, even from a mere needle!" Kyuhyun sighs looking down while still gripping your hand tightly, "I couldn't protect you when that truck hit you in that intersection, I have to protect you even more now, because I can't be without you, ____-ah." 

You look down at your lap; you hadn't realized or even begun to imagine you were that important to him. His grip loosens on your hand as you slowly pull it away and pull a band aid out of your pocket while trying to blink back tears, "I'll be more careful next time." You mumble quietly.

Kyuhyun notices the sudden change in your voice and tilts his down to look at your face, "____-ah? I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm just worried about you, that's all." He explains.

You look up at Kyuhyun wiping away any tears that threatened to fall, and smiled at him, "I know, you just suprised me, that's all." You say as if it was simple, but the truth is it wasn't simple. Kyuhyun's words made you think, his words touched you, and it made you wonder how you could show him the same amount of love he showed you daily. You had decided then and there that you wouldn't ever take him for granted, you would be somebody he knew loved him the same way he loved you. 

Kyuhyun smiles and pecks you on the cheek, "Well, I'm glad that's all it was." He says before sitting up straight, but never moving his gaze from you.

You nod at Kyuhyun, and look down at his suits jacket, "I need to get this done now." You say as you begin threading the needle in and out of the fabric, but at a slower pace. 

Kyuhyun nods as he patiently watches you repair his jacket, "Thanks, ____-ah." He says suddenly.

You look at him, confused, "For what?" You ask.

Kyuhyun smiles, "Just for everything." He says.

You feel the blood rushing to your cheeks, something like this shouldn't make you so flustered, but his amazing smile had swept you off your feet once again, and probably would for the rest of your life.

 

Kyuhyun smiles widely as you set the plate of spaghetti down on the table in front of him. Since he had worked so hard during the performance you told him you would make him something to eat, even though you weren't all that great at cooking. Of course he insisted upon a dish you had no idea how to make, thankfully the internet does its wonders.

Looking completely content, Kyuhyun grabs the fork that was set neatly next to his plate and readies himself to dig in, but you stop him, causing him to look at you in confusion.

"I must warn you, if you eat this you may die." You say trying to put your most serious face on.

Kyuhyun looks at you as if he believed you, but this expression doesn't last long as he laughs, "Oh please, have you had my cooking? Now that stuff is deadly." He says before stuffing a fork full of spaghetti in his mouth. Kyuhyun smiles as he puts more in his mouth, "It's great, ____-ah!" He says with a muffled voice as he talks with his mouth full.

You try to hold back laughter as you watch him eat; he was just like a child when it came to food, "Are you enjoying yourself?" You ask with a grin.

Kyuhyun looks up at you with his cheeks full of food and spaghetti sauce decorating the edges of his mouth, "Of course I am, why wouldn't I?" He asks with a hint of humor.

You shrug as you walk over to the kitchen to get your own plate of spaghetti, "Just curious." Once you sit down, you begin by taking smaller and slower bites than Kyuhyun, as he is already on his second plate, "All these activities must make you really hungry, huh?" You ask after chewing your food.

Kyuhyun looks at you again, "They do, and eating this right now, especially during a comeback is a luxury for me. For all I know, I could be drinking an energy drink right now, to try and stay awake." He explains.

You nod in understanding, before going into a short silence while the two of you stuff yourselves with food. When you finally finish you lean back on the chair and stretch, "Aah, I'm so full." You say with a sigh.

Kyuhyun nods in agreement, "Me too, I haven't been this full in ages." He says obviously content with the big meal he just had.

You smile and stand up, picking your plate up and his, "I'm glad you enjoyed it." You say as you walk to the kitchen and set the plates in sink. Then you get a sudden idea and begin walking over to the pantry.

Kyuhyun glances at you and with a slight smirk he sighs, "You know what I could really go for right now?" 

You reach into the pantry and turn around with a bottle in your hand, "Wine?" You ask non-chalantly.

Kyuhyun blinks in surprise at you, "You're reading my mind aren't you?" He asks.

You shrug, "I just figured it would be nice to sit down and watch a movie with you, and of course drink this." You say as you lift the bottle of wine.

Kyuhyun grins at you, "I like that idea." 

Still smiling you turn around and set the wine bottle on the kitchen counter, and open the cupboard above the stove, realizing that the wine glasses are on the top most shelve you stand on your tiptoes and try to reach. Even with the small boost of height it didn't work, "Aish, who designed these things?" You mutter to yourself, ready to climb on the counter to get them down.

"Here, let me help you with that." Kyuhyun says as he reaches over you and grabs two glasses. He sets them down on the counter and looks down at you.

You look up at Kyuhyun locking eyes with him, you knew you were staring, but you were struck by how handsome he looked just from reaching over you.

Kyuhyun notices the change in your expression, and on impulse he leans down and gently touches his lips to yours.

Instead of letting him pull away from the kiss, you kiss him back, and within seconds the kiss had already gotten deeper. You weren't sure why it was happening at this moment, you only knew that the two of you wanted it to.

Soon enough, Kyuhyun is guiding you to the bedroom and laying you down gently on the bed as he looms over you. Kyuhyun looks you in the eyes while leaning closer. He kisses you on the lips a few times before moving down to your neck, gently planting kisses on it.

You stare up at the ceiling, smiling as he began to cover you in kisses. As you were lying there, something seemed different, it was fear. You didn't know why, because you didn't feel scared at all, but the fear only increased. 

Kyuhyun pulled away from you, pulling at the ends of his shirt, ready to take it off. He noticed how your whole body language had changed almost immediately, "____-ah? What's wrong?" He asks with worry.

You barely hear him as your hands begin to shake, what was wrong with you? Why were you so scared? The fear was building and building to the point where you felt nauseous. 

Kyuhyun sees that you are shaking, "____!" He says as he looks at the you who is almost completely frozen.

Almost instantly you know it’s coming and sit up, "I think I'm going to be sick." You say with a shaky voice as you get off the bed and practically run to the bathroom. 

Kyuhyun utterly confused and worried follows you to the bathroom only to see you bent over the toilet coughing and shaking as tears escape your eyes.

Once it's over, you flush the toilet and sit on the bathroom floor leaning against the wall. You still felt scared, and only now did you realize you were crying. 

Kyuhyun slowly approaches you as you sit in the corner of the bathroom with your arms wrapped around your legs while you sob. He kneels down in front of you and brushes your hair out of your face, causing you to flinch, "____-ah..." He whispers softly.

Once you hear his voice you slowly look up at him, letting out a sob you launch yourself into his arms and cry even more.

Kyuhyun wraps his arms tightly around you, rubbing your shaking back, "it’s okay, ____-ah, it's okay." He whispers into your ear as he tries to comfort you.

Eventually you calm down, and finally leave the bathroom to go get some rest, but you never leave the embrace of Kyuhyun. Lying in bed as you try to sleep, you still couldn't pin point the exact reason you became like that, because you absolutely knew it wasn't Kyuhyun you were afraid of, you could never be afraid of him, ever.

 

The dream, it was back again and it was the same exact sequence as the rest of dreams you had. It remained the same until the end when the two people you recognized were together by the shore, ready to embrace as they always do and tell you, you should know who they are. That didn't happen this time, they didn't embrace, they argued. 

The whole ambience of the dream seemed to change in an instant as the two people argued with words you couldn’t comprehend. As you watched the two, you noticed the man was clenching his fists together so tightly they were turning white and shaking with anger. The woman suddenly said something loudly and shortly after cupped her hands over mouth. 

That's when it happened, you could feel her fear, it was the same exact fear you had earlier. It happened so fast it was like a blur; the man's hand raised up and hit the woman on the face causing her to fall over onto the sand as the ocean water washed over her feet. You cupped your hands over your mouth trying to stifle a scream as her fear became yours and you were now looking up at the man from the ground.

You couldn't seem to think straight as you tried to back yourself away from the man. The man seemed to stare at his hand for a moment with wide eyes before dropping to his knees in front of you and putting his hands on the sides of your arms. You became stiff as a board as he touched you again, moving his mouth in the same motions over and over as tears rolled down his face.

You knew he was apologizing, and you knew you were going to accept the apology too, and try to forget this happened. Suddenly you weren't that woman anymore, you were yourself and you were staring at her again. This time the woman turned to you acknowledging your presence, and she reached out her hand to you and pleaded, "Help me..." She whispered before everything of the nightmare blew away with the ocean breeze.

You sat up quickly looking around the room for any sign of a beach, nothing just the bedroom you shared with Kyuhyun. You wipe your forehead off as you try to slow your breathing; it was a nightmare this time. Soon enough you realize Kyuhyun isn't there anymore, only a note on the side table next to the bed that told you he was recording for Radio Star.

Seeing that the note was on top of your phone you grab it, and think that you need to hear his voice now so that you can calm down. As you're ready to call him your phone lights up and it begins ringing with a number you don't have in your contacts. Deciding to answer it you click the talk button, "Hello? Who is this?" 

"Hello, this is ____ right? This is Hyo, Kang Hyo, do you still remember me?" 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello readers!!

I think I am the slowest writer ever... I apologize again for being sooo slow! In exchange the chapter is longer than the past few! :)

I hope you enjoy it, I guess you could call the ending a cliffhanger, and I still love cliffhangers!

Thank you for reading my story!! 

-Paige

P.S. I very slowly got to chapter 20! I wonder if the story will end before or after chapter 30 hmmmmm~