Parks and Cafes.

The Moment I Saw You

"Why are you so nervous? You like him, don't you?" Baekhyun reached up to fix a misplaced hair on top of Kyungsoo's head.

Kyungsoo sighed. "Yeah, I do!" He looked down. "He's adorable."

"Then you have nothing to worry about." Baekhyun walked toward the front door. "I need to head out. Don't choke tonight! I know he'll like you too." He smiled and saluted, slipping out the door.

Should I text him? Kyungsoo picked up his phone from the table and stared at it. Maybe I should. He the screen and scrolled through his contacts until he reached Jongin's listing.

His finger hovered over the "Send a text message" option. He didn't even know what he wanted to say. He just wanted to talk to him.


To: Jongin

Hey there. Are we going to
just meet at the cafe, or
do you want to meet
somewhere else first?


Sent: 2:02pm


He didn't know why he was so nervous. It's just a text message. He sat down and played with his fingers until Jongin texted back.

Bvvvt bvvvt.


From: Jongin

Hey (^o^) Uh well I know
there is a park across
from the cafe. Let's meet
there and walk to the cafe
together ^_^


Received: 2:08pm


Kyungsoo couldn't help but chuckle. Emoticons looked so much cuter when Jongin used them.


To: Jongin

Okay~ Sounds good to me!


Sent: 2:10pm


What the heck am I going to do for the next five hours? Kyungsoo frowned at his phone as he checked the time.


From: Jongin

See you at 7 (^_~)


Received: 2:12pm


Kyungsoo was in the mood to watch dramas. He had no idea why, but he decided he was going to do it anyway. Luckily, his laptop was set on the table in front of him, because he didn't want to get off the couch. The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince was a drama he had heard a lot of good things about, so he decided to watch that.

He ended up watching about four episodes before he realized it was 6:20. Shoot. He shut of his computer and ran out the door.

The park and cafe were only about ten minutes away from Kyungsoo's apartment, so he decided to just walk there. Jongin didn't seem to have arrived yet. Kyungsoo found a bench under a tree in the middle of the park and sat down. I really hope he isn't the kind to be late for things.

Jongin came to the park a few minutes later. He was walking on the sidewalk and saw Kyungsoo from behind. He walked through the grass and leaned over the back of the bench. Kyungsoo hadn't noticed him.

"Hey there!" Jongin greeted him.

Kyungsoo almost fell off the bench. "Holy crap. You scared me."

Jongin chuckled. "Sorry, but I'm not sorry. Do you want to head over the the cafe now?"

"Sure, let's go."

The two of them looked a bit strange walking together. Jongin looked a bit too dressed for the occasion.

Kyungsoo had to comment on it. "So... why exactly did you wear a suit?" He chuckled.

"Why didn't you wear a suit?" He laughed. "I don't know why. I just felt like being fancy."

He really did look nice. His outfit complimented his slender build nicely.

When they walked into the cafe, they were greeted by one of the workers. "Hello! Are you Kyungsoo and Jongin by chance?"

They both looked at each other, confused. "Yes, we are," Kyungsoo answered.

The man smiled. "Follow me, please." He led them to the back of the cafe, where the lights were more dim and where there were absolutely no customers.

What the hell is going on here? Jongin wondered.

"You can go ahead and order whenever you're ready."

"Surprise us." Jongin smiled at the man.

The man smiled back. "We can do that." He turned and walked through a door that led to the kitchen.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin. "Is it just me that is extremely confused here?"

"Nope. Somebody must have set us up." Jongin shrugged.

They both knew exactly who it was, too.

At the same time, they both said, "Baekhyun and Chanyeol," and laughed.

"I'm not sure if we should call this a good thing or a bad thing." Kyungsoo chuckled.

Jongin smiled. "I would probably call it a good thing."

The man came back out of the kitchen with a tray of plates. "Here you go, kids." He smiled.

They were each given small bowl of kimchi to go with their samgyeopsal. They were also given dipping sauce, lettuce, garlic, perilla leaves, green chili peppers, and onions.

Kyungsoo was amazed. "Wow. Thank you so much!"

"No problem. It is our pleasure." He smiled and went back into the kitchen.

"So, why exactly would you call this a good thing?" Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin.

Because you are absolutely perfect. He hesitated. "Well, if there were people surrounding us, we would be distracted. This way, we have each other's undivided attention." He nodded, proud of himself.

"Are you sure you want​ my undivided attention?" Kyungsoo asked sarcastically.

Jongin took it seriously. "Mm... Yes. I do." He began to eat his food.

Kyungsoo's face turned bright red as he started to eat his food. The two of them ate quickly and quietly. Once they finished, Jongin was the first to speak.

"Did you like it?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "It was great."

"Would you eat it again? That is the most important question. If you wouldn't eat it again it wasn't truly a good meal." Little did Kyungsoo know, that wasn't why he asked the question.

Kyungsoo nodded again. "I would definitely eat it again. This cafe makes great samgyeopsal." He smiled.

Jongin smiled back. "I'm glad to hear that."

Just then, a song started to play throughout the cafe. Kyungsoo and Jongin both stopped talking so they could listen.

 

"Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I'm the main character of a movie
As if I'm about to film an action scene to come see you,
as if I've become a hero


You're perfect to me, I imagined
how would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect"


Jongin turned and looked at Kyungsoo, whose eyes were closed, listening to the lyrics of the song. What would it be like if we were together? Maybe we will find out.
 

"I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything gets in slow motion
Tell me if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me if this is love"
 

​Kyungsoo, eyes still closed, heard a dull thud and felt the table move a bit. He opened his eyes to see that Jongin had put his head down.

"Jongin? Are you okay?" He stretched out his hand, but hesitated and pulled it back.

Jongin slowly lifted his head and looked at Kyungsoo. "Have you ever heard a song that described exactly what you were feeling?"

"Yes, I definitely have. You have no idea."

"Well, I feel like that right now." Jongin rubbed at his eyes.

Kyungsoo cocked his head to the side. "Care to elaborate on that a little bit?" He smiled.

​Without a word, Jongin pulled out his wallet and slapped thirty dollars on the table. He then stood up and grabbed Kyungsoo's hand, not meeting his eyes, and dragged him outside.

 


 

Guys, I am soooo sorry D: I updated Chapter 3 yesterday around 5:00am or something, then went to bed. I planned on being woken up around 12:00 like I usually am, but guess what? My dad let me sleep until 7:00. SEVEN IN THE EVENING. I slept for 14 freaking hours. It is 1:00am now. But I'll be up all night, so maybe I'll get another 2 or 3 chapters in. :D

Sorry for the long little paragraph.

Major Kaisoo in the next chapter. Prepare your feels!


Love youuu~ <3