Pandas are lifesavers.

The Moment I Saw You

"What do you mean, you can do that?" Kris lifted his head from atop his knees to look at him.

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Not as in a lover, Kris. I think you misunderstood. I will love you, as a best friend. But you can't ask for any more than that."

Kris wiped away the tears that were smeared across his cheek. "I can't believe I'm crying. I'm such a sap."

"Stay here, I'll be right back." Kyungsoo walked into the bathroom down the hall and came back with a damp washcloth and towel. "Here, since you were crying and all." He handed them to Kris and sat back down.

Spending the evening with Kyungsoo helped Kris realize what he had to do.

Find somebody new.


The next day, Kris arrived to lunch late because it was his turn to tutor underclassmen. While he was gone, Jongin and Tao came up with a plan.

"Tao, we saw how you were looking at Kris yesterday." Jongin eyed him suspiciously.

Tao blushed. "He's so ... ah. I just couldn't help it."

"No, no. It's not a bad thing. We just think that you should go for it. If you want to, of course. He'll be coming soon though. So make up your mind quickly." Jongin winked.

"I think I'll try." Tao smiled.

Kyungsoo came to the table and almost sat in the seat beside Tao before Jongin stopped him.

"No, don't sit there! Kris is going to sit there." Jongin was frantic.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Sparky." He pinched Jongin's nose and moved to the seat on the other side of Jongin.

"So, how exactly is this going to work? Are we going to completely ignore Tao and Kris so they have to talk to each other?" Baekhyun was scratching his head.

Jongin thought for a moment then nodded. "That will work, yes. Let's do that. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, you guys sit over there and act all cute and stuff, and Kyungsoo and I will do the same. Kris won't want to talk to us then." He chuckled.

A few minutes later, Kris came and sat down next to Tao.

He tried to eat, but his head kept rocking back and forth, threatening to fall face-first into his macaroni and cheese. Tao clasped a hand on his shoulder to steady him. "Kris, are you all right? You don't look so good ..."

"Uh ... No. I'm dead ing tired. Those freshmen will never pass math. Idiots." He sighed, almost falling over again.

Tao caught him, getting up from the table, picking up Kris also. "Guys, I'm going to take him ... somewhere. My house? I don't know. But he really needs to lay down. I'll see you later, okay?" After they all waved, he flashed the cutest smile Kyungsoo had ever seen.

Tao had his arm secured around Kris' waist and the other on his arm as they left the school. "Kris, are you still with me?"

Kris nodded weakly and muttered, "Yes," as he struggled to use his legs in the parking lot.

Tao dragged Kris into the back seat of his black 2003 Hyundai Elantra. ​Dang, he is really tall. Well I'm tall too, but he is still really tall.

Tao got in the driver's seat, careful not to smash Kris as he adjusted his seat. He really needed to get a bigger car.

Halfway home, Kris regained his brain sat up abruptly. "What the hell?! Oh. Tao? Why the hell did you throw me into the back of your car?"

Tao smiled. "Because I'm taking you to the middle of no where and you until your guts come oozing out of your body."

"If you aren't kidding, then I'm go–"

"Oh hush. You know you would enjoy that anyway." He quickly looked back and winked.

Kris huffed out a breath and slumped back in the seat, staying silent until they got to Tao's house.

Tao lived in the middle of the woods. He had a long driveway paved along a long stretch of trees. His house was built in the style of a log cabin, giving it a cozy feel.

"Wow, you have a big house." Kris stared at it.

Tao rolled his eyes and grabbed Kris's wrist, breaking his staring contest with the house. "Don't stare too long. It might eat you."

They walked inside and Tao led them to his room so Kris could lay on his bed.

Kris looked worried. "Are your parents home?"

"Nope." Tao chuckled.

​Great. Kris was happy to hear that.

After Tao opened his door, he pointed to his bed. "Lay down. Before for keel over on my floor."

Kris obeyed, laying on the bed on his side, propped up on his elbow. "So, I am in your house ... In your room​ ... And we have known each other for all of what, two days?" Tao nodded. "I'd call that progress." Kris winked.

Tao laughed. "I wouldn't just call it progress."

"What would you call it then?" Kris looked at him, curious.

Tao hesitated. "Uh ... I would call it ... I don't know." He chuckled softly and exposed a smile that almost gave Kris a heart attack. Mother.

Kris looked down, hiding his expression. "Tao?"

"Yes."

"Come onto the bed. Now."

 


 

​Oh snap. I think Kris is going to kill him. What do you think? ​xD

Uhhhh

ok bye now

~ Ashley <3