Awkward.

The Moment I Saw You

 

I'll be alone forever.
 
I'm content with that now.
 
... I'm such a little . Ugh.
 
Kyungsoo's head met the table with a loud thud. "Yoona, stop trying to help. It's never going to happen. I will be formally known as The Cat Man, and everybody will know when I drive around town because my huge creeper van will have cats all over it too."
 
Yoona smacked the back of Kyungsoo's head. "Shut up! If you would listen, maybe we could make some progress here."
 
Kyungsoo sighed and lifted his head from the table. "I've been listening for the past three weeks, Yoona! I'm helpless. He's too far out of my league. And he's not even gay! Is he? ... No! He's not!"
 
There was no way the most handsome, popular, and straight guy in school would even think about laying eyes on Kyungsoo. He probably doesn't even know Kyungsoo exists! Not many people do to begin with.
 
"You don't know that, since you haven't ever talked to him!" His best friend was getting furious, not that she wasn't furious already.
 
At that same moment, she noticed somebody walking down the sidewalk, past the table they were sitting at. "Hey Kai, come here for a second."
 
What the hell is she doing? What. The. Hell. "Do you even know him?!" he whispered to her. She turned to him and nodded her head once.
 
Kyungsoo couldn't breathe. He was standing three feet away. He could reach out and touch the perfection that was Kim Jongin, or Kai, rather. Normally his hair was styled into a quiff, but today his fringe fell across his forehead, swept to the right side. His eyelids looked heavy from lack of sleep. Kyungsoo stared into his almost-black eyes, not noticing when Kai met his gaze.
 
"Um, hey. Are you all right? You have a huge mark on the side of your face." Kai ran a finger over the dent on Kyungsoo's cheek that was made by the table.
 
Oh my god. I am dead. He touched me.
 
Speak. "Uh... Yeah, I'm okay. It's just from the table." He pointed to the table and looked down. If he looked at Kai any longer he thought he would throw up.
 
Kai smiled. "Oh. That makes sense." He chuckled. "Have we met? I'm Jongin, but most call me Kai." He held out his hand.
 
Kyungsoo looked up. Don't forget your name, idiot. "I'm Kyungsoo." He shook Kai's hand slowly, not letting go.
 
"Nice to meet you." Kai kept shaking his hand, smiling, before realizing he still hadn't let go. "Ahem. Um, well, I guess I'll ... go now. It was nice meeting you, Kyungsoo." Kai took a few backward steps, his eyes still locked on Kyungsoo, before turning around fully and walking out of sight.
 
Yoona was dumbstruck. "Talk about awkward." She nudged Kyungsoo's shoulder. "But he totally has the hots for you! Did you not see how he was staring at you?"
 
Kyungsoo waved her away, not bothering to look at her. "Yeah, yeah, sure." He continued to stare down the path Kai had taken, confusion spread across his face. "... Maybe he does. I wonder ..."
 
"Woah! Did I just see what I thought I saw? What the hell," came a voice from behind them. The two friends turned around to see Chanyeol, his mouth agape.
 
"What's wrong, Chanyeol?" Yoona waved her hand in front of his face.
 
"K-K-Kai ... K-Kyungsoo ... Stare ... Weird ... Wh-"
 
Yoona punched his shoulder. "Chanyeol! Calm down. Take a deep breath, before you break something."
 
Chanyeol took in a deep breath and let it out, dropping to the ground. Yoona and Kyungsoo both rolled their eyes before moving to the ground beside him.
 
Why was he staring at me so weirdly? Maybe he does think I'm good looking. I hope he does. Ah. Don't flatter yourself too much. Once you learn he has an eye condition or something you'll feel really bad.
 
After conversing with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo for a while, Yoona looked around to see if any of their other friends were there too. She noticed Kai, sitting alone on the ground, a pretty fair distance away from them. He was staring right in their direction, as if he had been watching for a while.
 
, is he staring at Kyungsoo? Ha. Not telling him about this.
 
 
 

 

Heh. That kinda . Oh well. :P

<3