IX

The One That Got Away

 

Chaerin’s POV

You brought out the side of me that I never thought existed.

After giving Yong Guk my number, I bolted. I honestly would have liked to stay behind, and continue what I was doing. Kissing him felt amazing. His lips against mine just felt so right. I got shivers down my spine every time. His voice to top it off just made me weaker in the knees. However after the sudden call from Appa, I knew I couldn’t do any of this. If anything what I really need to do was get home. I tried my best to stay calm. Appa wasn’t supposed to be back for another month. How did he know I wasn’t with Dara? How did he know I was with Yong Guk? I was so confused and scared. Never had I tried to cross paths with my father. That’s one thing I was taught quite clearly growing up. Appa… became very different after Umma and Yerin passed away. He was more stern and short tempered. I know Appa had a hard time coping with Umma’s death, so when he found the company he needed in my stepmom I was very happy for him. He was smiling and more human-like again. My step-mother was nothing more than a delight to have. Though both of them are business heads, it’s hard to spend any time with them at all yet, my stepmom would always email me and send me little souvenirs from her various journeys. There was that happy side and there was the unhappy side. Appa’s expectations on me grew higher by the second, the fact that he let me study fashion design and not business was one miracle that occurred only due to the help of my stepmom. However I still had to take it as a minor if not as my major. Fashion & Marketing it was. A lot of people said things about me I know my dad didn’t like to hear. I think, or perhaps I’d like to hope that maybe this was the reason he tried to have higher hopes for me. So I could show all these gossiping scums that I have capability of doing greater things. Sigh. What could have happened? Appa’s words, “Lee Chaerin, I hope you don’t disappoint any more than you already have. There are eyes on you, and words fly faster than you can imagine. Get home right now.” I entered our through our gates as they opened. I park the car at the front throwing the keys to the security who were doing their rounds. “Thank you!” I yelled as I ran towards the door. I didn’t even have to knock, for our Butler, Kim Moosung had made his way and opened the door. He looked worried. I gave him a smile and headed to the family room, I knew I’d find Appa. Sure enough I was right. There he was laying back on the armchair, with the paper on his legs and his eyes shut. “Appa.” I softly spoke. Immediately his eyes opened and gaze fell upon me. I froze. I could see anger, and perhaps a tint of sadness. “Lee Chaerin, Once again I will ask you, where have you been?” “Appa…I was just out with a …” “Friend?” he asked in an angrier tone. “So these friends are people you make out with on the backseat of their car?” He raised his voice. I flinched. I forgot at how angry he could get. “Appa…that…” “That was what Chaerin? I let you go out and party, and hang out with your friends, because I know, I put a lot of pressure on you and you also need to breathe, but is this the way to repay the freedom I give?” he yelled. “To meet with some orphaned boy, whose family class is god knows what!” He muttered. “Appa! Why does it matter whether he is rich or poor!” I yelled I was annoyed to think Appa would say such a thing, doesn’t he know what it’s like to lose one’s beloved. He lost his wife! I lost my mother! “’I’m somewhat an orphan too! I lost Umma!” I snapped back. I never thought I’d be arguing with my father. It was a moment too late when I realized that he had walked towards me and slapped me across my face. “A-appa?” nothing but tears began to flow down my face, and I thought I saw a twinkle in his own eyes as well. He clenched the hand he raised on me and sighed. “Chaerin, you don’t understand anything! People are beginning to talk, your picture’s have made their way into my hands by an unknown sender, I’m sure they have reached other people as well!” he responded as flung some pictures at me. As they landed on the floor I could see, they were pictures of me and Guk…sleazily captured. When His shirt was off, when he was leaning into my neck, when I was leaning into his…my bra strap showing…him ping my dress. A rush of shock and paranoia flew into me. Who would take these pictures? Why send them to my father? I guess Appa saw the look on my face. “Chaerin, Don’t you ever try and do something as careless. There are eyes out their Chaerin, whether you like it or not, there will always be eyes on you as long as you are my daughter. You will be taking over this corporation, eventually.” He took a deep breath. “I hope you realize this.” He began to walk passed me but stopped just at the stairway. “Don’t disappoint me any further Chaerin, I hope I never hear or see of this boy again. Don't make me regret losing your sister and having just you anymore” He said as he walked out. Unknowingly the tears that were flowing had now stopped. I quickly picked up those pictures and ran to my room. I took out a lighter, I was always kept in my drawer and burned them in the sink…Once they were nothing but burnt scraps more of the restricted tears came out. What’s all this? Why is it when I find someone I can be myself with…someone comes and ruins it. I lay against the bathroom door. My phone was ringing. I didn’t pick it up. I only cried. Was I crying for this guy? Or was I crying because my father raised his hand at me? Or was it because my life will never be the laidback life I thought it was…

You also made experience fear and pain to a degree I’d never have thought…

------------------------------------
UPDATED~
Finally? I know right its like a month later~

Well i was busy~ and been tired.
Anyways here it is! Chapter IX! 
What do you think is the meaning to this chapter?
What's going to happen?
 

Read.Comment.Subscribe. :3

--

MS