XII

The One That Got Away

 

Yong Guk’s POV

I didn't know my heart then...

I was in a pretty annoyed mood. I texted her and called her. Yet there was no response. I wanted to make myself believe that she was probably really busy. She has things to do. Maybe it slipped her mind. Or…the words Himchan had told me that night kept replaying in my head. I refused to believe those words. Chaerin…she is different. She doesn’t play with people’s feelings. I would never have spent time with her if she gave off that vibe. She isn’t the type Himchan speaks of; she’s just got to be really busy. “Hyung…” Daehyun walked into the living room and took a seat beside me. “Just what is wrong is with you?” he asked slightly worried. “Ani…nothing, just tired.” I lied. “Hyung, if that was really the case you should be sleeping, but here you are mumbling some incoherent words. Making faces, I’ve never seen you make, and you seem to have one that shows a very pained expression right now, exactly what is going on?” I straightened myself out; thoughts of Chaerin were all that filled my mind. How can I possibly explain it to Daehyun. “It’s…” before I could say another word Himchan spoke in for me. “He’s having the time of his month” the guy halfheartedly joked. “Shut up.” I show him the finger. Himchan just laughs. “Yah! Let’s go out, those girls want to meet up again today, this time we can actually go check out that fancy mall.” He said sounding rather excited. “Go without me.” I said completely uninterested. “I know what that mall consists off, overpriced merchandise and overpopulated snobs, I’d rather spend my time in places that don’t have such awful attractions.” Himchan just sighed. “Suit yourself, it may have even given you a chance to meet her.” He mumbled, yet I heard him crystal clear. I thought to myself for a second. Would I see her there? Could we possibly talk and sort out my confusion and hers? First place we met was there…so perhaps, just perhaps. “Okay let’s go.” I quickly say heading upstairs to get ready. “Hyung why is he so willing now?” Daehyun asked as I made my way up. “You’ll see…” Himchan said slyly.
So we made our way in my loving mustang to that damned mall. The guys were all talking and excited while I just quietly drove us there. They tried to involve me in their conversation but at the moment, Chaerin, the worry if I will be able to really see her was all that preoccupied my mind. If not what would happen then? Would I go to her house? Would she like that? I could only sigh, and by then we had arrived. The girls had already run towards as the moment they saw us park in towards the entrance of the mall. Noisy, snobby and cheap looking girls, were really irritating the crap out of me. I took it in. If not for them, we wouldn’t be able to be here at this mall, thanks to them we are here and Himchan seems to have an interest in one of the three, so I guess I shouldn’t ruin his moment, as much he kind of ruined mine. Before anything I saw a silver car drive towards me. I had a feeling that car was hers, yet I couldn’t really see her, so I couldn’t tell but my eyes never left the car, eventually everyone followed and stared at the car as it quickly drove by. The girls were now dragging us towards the mall as they didn’t want to stand and talk by the car all day. My thoughts were on that car, was that...? Before I could even think of Chaerin’s name there she was. Right before me, in person was the girl that was driving me insane. I smiled at her, yet she looked right past me and walked to her friend that was running to her. They stopped for a while. Her friend looked back at us and then at Chaerin and took her into the mall. What just happened? I was confused, yet I knew one thing for sure. She saw me, and she avoided me, she didn’t look at me at all. Why? I wanted answers before I knew it my feet ran towards the entrance of mall to which she entered through. I could hear Himchan running behind me yelling my name. I don’t want to stop and think of his words as the truth. I want to talk to her. She had fun with me, she opened up to me, and she won’t just toss me aside like that right? This may have been pathetic but I ran. I ran because I had to find her.

I didn't know until the very end when I chose to run after you...

------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone~ I finally updated...Hallelujah! FINALLY
I know some of you were probably thinking I abandoned the fics. But I hadn't don't worry.
Thanks for your ever so understanding patience. And your love towards "The One That Got Away" :)
Read.Comment.Subscribe.
--
I really mean it when I say I love all my readers and subbies <3 
Till Next Time~
MS