XV

The One That Got Away

 

Chaerin’s POV

Perhaps it was because I fell in love...

“Don’t think of stupid crap, and ruin my day, I’m a busy girl, my time costs money.” My voice was close enough to breaking, with just about all energy left in me I paced myself out of there. I didn’t want to stop and see what he would say, would have replied to me harsher? Perhaps he would have…I just made myself a total , ruining any chance of him thinking highly off me. “Mianhe…” as the tears slid down. Before I could walk any further, Dara unnie came and grabbed my hand. “Yah! Pudong!” she was surprised to see me in tears. “Waeguraii??” she looked panicked. I don’t blame her, the last time I ever was this pathetic was probably when Omma…died. Suddenly I miss her like crazy. “What was that Pudong-ah?? Why are you crying??!” She was startled. “Dara-ah, something must have happened.” Bom-unnie spoke in the calmest voice, but with a very worried expression. “Unnie…I just don’t want to be here, let’s leave, I want to go…” was all I could say as my sobbing became more and more prominent. “Ara! Let’s go take you home.” “Ani- chaebal right now I don’t want to be home.” Bom unnie looked even more worried. “Let’s go to my place.” She grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me along. “I’ll take you in my car.”She smiled and wiped the tears that were starting to slow down. “Dara-ah, you and Minji go get Chaerin’s car and meet me at my house.” I handed Dara unnie my keys, “It’s at the far corner…” I said slowly. Dara unnie just smiled at me, and left with Minzy, who kept looking back. I must have really startled her.
“Mianhe…Unnie…” I said slowly to Bom-unnie who was still holding my hand. “Don’t be stupid, you seem a little bit calmer, do you want to tell me what happened as we make our way to my car?” She asked quietly. “I…” “Noone is here Chaerin, so why don’t you tell me? How can I help my loveable dongseng if she won’t tell me anything, I don’t want to see you so sad and by the looks of it the things you said, you seem to be highly regretting.” “That…” Bom Unnie started to walk. “Kajja” she smiled at me. Even though I was missing my mom, Bom-unnie’s warmth is just as comforting. “Unnie…Appa…he…” “He found about you and Guk-boy I’m guessing?” She finished the sentence for me. “He was so…” “Upset and angry? Dissapointed in you? Yes?” She continued. “Unnie…how…” “I was also once in your place, not the exact same situation, but similar. Seunghyun…” She stiffened. I could see her own eyes get watery, we never asked unnie what happened between her and Seunghyun, they were together so happy but suddenly she tells us they are over. She never said anything after. The topic became something that we decided to drop, not wanting to hurt our unnie, or causing her anymore internal grief, still I always saw that sadness in her eyes. Her eyes told me that she missed him, and loved him but always said the opposite. She suddenly started to walk again grabbing my hand once again. “Appa…when he found out that Seunghyun’s company fell, he wanted me to stop all relations with him.” She said softly. “I asked why can’t we help him, and he told me “Nonsense! That’s not something for me to do, but for him to figure out! What good is he at business if he can’t even survive this? The incompetent fool your well off without him!” He refused to listen to any of my pleas, he threatened to make Seunghyun’s situation even worse, or in drastic cases drop me from his family. Haha. Shocking ain’t it?” she sadly smiled. “I did everything in my power to help Seunghyun, he told me not to worry, that he will figure it out and we will be happy, but he couldn’t. Truth is I wasn’t must help either, the power comes from my father, without him I could do nothing for Seunghyun. The financial loss was too deep in the end he went to loan sharks…and fell even deeper, his family business now ceases to exist.” She said slowly and continued. “Even then, unable to see him like this any longer, I begged Appa, that I would drop all relations if he helped Seunghyun even a tiny bit. So he could get a good start in life again.” She gripped even tighter onto my hand. “In the end, he agreed, but I had to cut-off all ties with the “incompetent fool” as my father strictly noted, and so I did what I promised…It wasn’t easy, Seunghyun never agreed, he’d try to call me contact me…that’s when I went on a long vacation. When I came back, I found out that he married a well of man’s daughter, together they all work in a small business firm. He never came for me or called again. That was that.” She said slightly tearing up. “Unnie…” I was a little confused, and shocked about everything. “He's happy now, probably something being with me, wouldn't have resulted in. Even still, being happy for him I can only do so much.I regret it, Chaerin. I deeply regret that I let, the boy I love go.” Bom said in a shaky tone. “He didn’t want to give up on me, but I drove him to that corner, with my actions, and words dirtier and harsher that what you said back there…I pushed that man I fell in love with, far beyond my reach.” I couldn’t understand how Bom unnie must feel, did she feel like I do right now? No…She probably still feels like the way I do. But then I can see and reach out to Guk still right? For now? After what I said I must be an idiot to think I can. “Don’t do it, Chaerin-ah, don’t do things to please people that will forever gnaw at you.” She looked at me intently. “I think, you fell in love…right?” She smiled lightly. “That…” before I could reply, I found a pair of strong arms make their way around my waist. Quickly was I turned around and before I was given the chance to say anything, my lips were brought up against another. I closed my eyes, the tears yet again fell like crazy.

That I had the courage to go against everything I lived for...

-------------------------

What was that? Who was that?
IDK~


Read.Comment.Subsribe :D

Later
--
MS