X

The One That Got Away

 

Yong Guk’s POV

What created the distance between us in the beginning before we started...?

I reached home, in what was surprisingly an amazing mood. I felt like I was on cloud 9. My heart was beating rapidly, my surroundings felt warm and alluring. What would normally be perceived such as chattering of people, cars honking and speeding, everything was like music. Or perhaps it was because I didn’t really pay attention to them, I was lucky I made it home alright. Chaerin never left my mind. That last kiss, felt so good, yet it felt incomplete. I wanted us to continue what she started…perhaps we would have ended up doing more or perhaps we wouldn’t have. As hormonal as I am I don’t think it was just a ual desire I felt at that moment. When she gave me her number, it was like relief crept in. I was wondering the whole way back to the parking lot…if we would meet again. How? When? Thoughts like that kept appearing, seeing her talk to what seemed like her Dad, and breaking out in a nervous sweat made me worried and curious. She never told me if anything was wrong, but she needed to be home. I wasn’t satisfied with that answer…but I couldn’t and I don’t think I’d even have the time to force any answers out of her, she bolted right after leaving her contact information. I made it to our front door, I was hoping everyone was sleeping. However I was wrong, Himchan is never the type to sleep at such moments. I, yet again, walked in on him with some new make out partner. “Oh you’re back?” he grinned. I wasn’t in the mood to respond to his cocky attitude right about now. I wanted to just head up to my room and perhaps text Chaerin? Would that be cool? Would that make me seem desperate? She was the one that gave me her number though! I would just be leaving her mine … that’s not meaning anything right? Maybe it was…What if though she was expecting me to respond to her? That kiss…that moment…It was within a few minutes was I able to process the girl that Himchan was with no longer in sight, and Himchan waving his hand at me. “Y-yeah?” why did I stutter? “Where the hell have you been man? I was waving and waving, I yelled your name, I poked you, blew hot air in your face, yet you seemed so dazed." “Ah…just some thoughts bro.” I slowly respond. “Thoughts?” he raised his brow. “Yeah forget that…where is the chick?” I asked already knowing the answer, anything to get him off my back. “Out the door, she felt like she’d end up being the clingy type, best to end it before she thinks I’m hers or some .” He chuckled. “As usual, Himchan” I chuckle. “Tell me about you.” He grinned. . I should have continued asking him about the other chick or his day. “It was alright.” I reply back trying to hide my happiness. “Just okay?” He looked at me confused. “Yeah…” “You didn’t get it on with her did you?” He chuckled. “I’m going to bed man!” I patted his shoulder. I was not going to answer any more questions. Even I was confused. I was just planning to bed her…yet things have gotten so complicated. It doesn’t feel like it’s a ual desire anymore…it’s more than that. As I was making my through our short but thin hallway, Himchan’s voice stopped me. “Don’t fall for her Guk. You can’t have her. If anything you’re probably her boy toy, and that is only for now.” He said bluntly. “I didn’t say I loved her!” I snapped. This was pissing me off. I just want some time to think. Himchan was taken aback, perhaps I was too loud. He sighed. “You’ll wake up the others…Just be careful Guk. Them loving us fully, people who haven’t got the money and class to back up our appearances are not noticed for too long, eventually we become trash. They’re only safe to have fun with, don’t get emotionally attached.” He walked past me and went into his room. Every word he said stabbed me repeatedly. I wasn’t intending to hear such things. I wasn’t even thinking about it…he just killed my mood. . I didn’t say I love her…I don’t dislike her, that’s about it! I know we can’t be serious. We won’t be serious…Boy Toy?! I ain’t anyone’s boy toy! I ruffled my hair as I entered my room, slamming the door. I may have woken up some of the guys, I could care less. I crashed onto my bed. .  I take out the card she had given me. I look at it for what could been a few minutes. Her face clouded my mind, her voice, actions and stories. I had already saved her number on my phone. I just kept staring at that number. I want to call her. I want to hear her voice. What Himchan said…isn’t necessarily the same for all rich girl’s right? Chaerin she’s different…I could tell. She isn’t snobby about her background…she went with me right? We spoke about our lives…so it means something right? Unknowingly I had pressed the call button; I had just realized when I looked back at the screen. ! I should end the call! However my finger was just not moving forward to end the call. I put the phone up against my ear. I’ll just let her know it’s me. That’s right. Leave her my number, so she knows, call it night and perhaps plan something out in the process? That’s right I’m not desperate. Every time the line rang, my heart paced faster. Eventually though, the pacing slowed down…and I felt unsatisfied. Was it because I was hoping she’d pick up? She wouldn’t ignore me right…? Nah. She’s probably showering or sleeping. It is late. Dang. I’ve never felt so apprehensive over a phone call before. I’m getting whipped without it even being intentional. I’ll see her soon. I can always text her in the morning. Yeah maybe text is better. She doesn’t have my number…so she may think it’s a stranger or not worth picking up. I’ll text her so she knows it’s me. Yeah I’ll do that first thing when I wake up…if I can sleep at all that is. Nah I’ll just text her right now. So she’ll see it when she wakes up. Greet the girl first thing in the morning. I smiled to myself as I wrote her a text. “Hey babe, Its your amazing date, Guk.  Good morning princess. I’d like us to continue what we left with ;). Later~” Was that cheesy? Er… I erased the whole thing. “Good morning princess, well it’s your awesome date Guk.  I’d like to continue your little game ;). Later~” That was…before I could think if it was okay or not, I had accidentally sent it. Damn it clumsy fingers. I guess I just got to wait it out for her reply…

Was it my denial? Or was it yours?...

-------------------------------------
Sorry its short and probably not good. OTL

Eitherways.
What do you think of this chappie?
What is gonna happen next?:O

Read.Comment.Subscribe! <3

Toodles

--
MS