VII

The One That Got Away

Chaerin's POV

You made me see things in ways I’d never have thought of before…

“We’re going on a date.” He said and took my hand leading me to my car. A date? I don’t know why but I felt quite happy. I wouldn’t let him know that. To give him the advantage over me, oh hell no! Surprised that he’d go this far, does he really need to get laid that badly…? If so why on earth doesn’t he just go look for a girl who’s willing, I doubt he’d have a problem in that field, seems quite experienced as it is. However he suggested a date, does that mean he could possibly like me? Perhaps he’s being genuine…or maybe he’s got some deal going on with his friends to get me or something…Lee Chaerin. AH! Don’t think anything, and let’s see where this goes. No point in getting crazy over something I won’t find answers on unless directly spoken to the person its regarding. Doubt he’d be truthful anyways. Whatever, why aren’t we moving?? He looks like he’s trying to contemplate on something. Just what on earth? Oh my God. Could he perhaps be planning to drug me? Or take advantage. I know Tae Kwon Do. I can protect myself, I can right? Wait I don’t even remember the moves…Oh my god. Lee Chaerin this is why you should just pay freaking attention in your classes! It’s not fashion related the hell should I care, but at times like this it really is useful. Oh god what is this guy planning? Should I get my phone out? Ah…Oh. Wait we’re moving, just where on earth is he going? I hope it’s a safe place. Has he ever been on a date? Did he ever need to? I have…but set-up dates this was different…this is something I want to do…on my own accord…yet…ugh…frustration!!! “You…okay?” he chuckled. “Huh?” I asked confused. “You were shaking your head, and mumbling things that made no sense, it was quite funny.” He chuckled even more. Oh my god. Way to go. Now I seem like a psycho. Great. I try to look out the window with an awkward smile. “Don’t worry…you still looked cute.” I felt some heat rush to my cheeks, look to the other side Lee Chaerin this guy is way too experienced, his slightest words can do this to me, oh god I have to stay strong. Taking deep breaths I look towards him, who was now focused onto the roads. “Say…” “Hmm?” “Where are we going?” “You’ll see.” He grinned. I shifted one of my brows up. Sounds fishy already. “I know Tae Kwon Do. Just saying.” I look away. He burst out laughing. “I won’t do anything to you, until you want me to.” He winked. “Like that would happen.” I roll my eyes. “I like challenges, so challenge excepted.” He grinned. “Whatever.” He only smiled wider. Damn his gummy smile. “How high have you gone?” “Huh? What sort of question is that?” “What is the highest place you’ve been?” “Uh…I don’t know been trekking and mountain climbing in the Andes, Rockies and even been to the Himalayas…so pretty high why?” “Ah…really? That’s right…your rich.” He smiled rather sadly while saying that. What’s his problem? Does he hate rich people? But then why am I even here? “Where is the tallest place you’ve been to in Seoul?” “Uh…I don’t know…don't think I have...” “Hmm. Okay.” He said returning his eyes back onto the road. What a random conversation. Oh well. At least I learnt something about him, not fond of the rich…some reason my chest hurt thinking, that perhaps he didn’t like me after all.
He stopped at the center of the district. Tall office buildings surrounded us. I could see dad’s building from the view. Why are we here? Before I could even ask him he had taken of his seat belt and was exiting the car. “Let’s go.” He smiled. Er. What? I get off still rather confused. He comes to my side and grabs my hand and pulls me towards one of the office buildings. Wait that’s dad’s building! Oh my god. Does he perhaps know my dad? Or he wants to trade me for money? Is this a kidnapping?! Wait. You’re getting way ahead of yourself. If it was kidnapping why would he bring you? That’s right but what on earth is he up to then? Thankfully it is after office hours no one should be there, so no one should recognize me. Wait, isn’t that one of the guards approaching us? Uh-oh. I try to look the other way. Yong Guk was confused but I guess he didn’t bother questioning me and went to talk to the guard for a while. I could barely hear anything but a few words, cause I made sure to stay far from the guard’s view. “Please sir…” Guk kept saying. “This is not a love destination for couples, it’s a business center, go take your girlfriend elsewhere!” “Sir just a few moments…” “No!” So he wanted to have a date here? Why on earth? I think he’s really weird…of all the places I’ve been taken to it’s a first to want to have one in an office building. He came back to my side with a rather sad expression. I felt kind of bad…if he really wanted to have this so called date here…maybe I’ll just go talk to the guard uncle, there wouldn’t be a problem once he sees me…I was about to go talk to him when Guk suddenly grabbed my arm. “Huh?” I turn to look at him all confused. He had a devilish grin on his face. My heart was beating at a fast pace. I really have a bad idea about this. “Have you ever tried to defy the rules, laws or people?” he asked me. What kind of question was that?? I’ve been brought up in a house where there are rules, etiquettes and manners one must always follow. Disobeying is something forbidden. Anything disastrous done by me, could affect the family…so I always did my best to carry a positive image…thinking about it made me rather sad…and tired. “No…” I said. Maybe he sensed my mood dropping, so he gripped onto my hand tightly. “Well…there is a first time for everything.” Without another word I found him pulling me towards the building. “Are we by any chance…?” I ask him with a worried expression. He only grinned wider. “You got it, we’re going to sneak in.” Uh-Oh, should I just tell him we can enter without sneaking in? It’s daddy’s building, so I’d rather just enter the decent way. While I was self debating we were already running. I could see a couple of guards gather and run towards us. Oh my god. If I get caught, this will be so bad, daddy will kill me. ! “Guk-ah…we’re going to get into trouble, let’s just go somewhere else.” He was too busy on focusing on where he was going. “Guk…” I tried to pull out of his tight grip. He finally said two words which made my heart race crazily. “Trust me.” I don’t why but I gave in. I trusted him, I knew from the moment I got into his car, I trusted him…so maybe it’ll be okay to trust him one more time. Let’s see where this goes. For once Lee Chaerin, just follow your heart fully. I smile at him and before we know it we had entered into the building we ran to stairwell which was for fire emergencies, and began to climb up the stairs. After about climbing 7 floors I couldn’t take it anymore, my feet were killing me. “N…no more…elevator…” I panted. He only chuckled. “Your such a princess.” “I’m not! You’re fault for making me run like a crazy lazy, trying to lose a bunch of guards from catching us. Last time I’ll trust you on anything.” I mumbled in annoyance. “Okay, okay, don’t get so angry, sheesh, you’re a wild little cat sometimes eh?” “Yah!” he only laughed more. He gave me his arm and pulled me up, grabbing onto my waist with his other free hand. “Let’s take the elevator then I think we should be okay.” He said chuckling. “Thank you.” I say in frustration trying to hide the sound of my thumping heart beat. “What are we even doing here again?” I asked him really confused. “You’ll see” he smiled yet again. “Ugh that answer, I swear if it’s something really stupid I’ll use my Tae Kwon Do on you and leave!” I mumble. “Alright princess…but I think you shall like it…or maybe even love…it...” When he said the words love, I felt so jittery. What’s happening to me? We reached the highest level of the building. There was nothing but offices everywhere. He took my hand and brought me to the stairwell area again. “Let’s go, we still have a few floors left.” I was confused. There was nothing else up from this floor, what is this guy talking about? Before I could say anything yet again he had already managed to pull me along at his pace up the flight of stairs. We finally reach a grey rusty door. He put his hand over my eyes. “Yah! What are you doing? I’m telling you I know...” “Yeah yeah, Tae Kwon Do, I know…don’t worry, trust me” saying those words yet again put me into silence. I heard him open the door, a creaky sound was made. Suddenly I felt a gush of wind brush against me, it felt nice and cold. “Ready?” he whispered into my ears, sending shivers down my spine. “Mhm” I slightly say. He removes his hand and I see the most beautiful sight in front of me. Seoul city at its brightest, there were lights from every corner, glowing brightly, against the dark blue sky. One saw buildings short and tall, street lights, cars, and small shadows of people moving along the lanes…It was breathtaking. Something so small never felt so amazing. Compared to climbing and seeing famous mountains, this was a completely different feeling. It was a feeling of familiarity. It was like seeing your home, your life at its brightest. So this is why he was so insistent on coming here. “How did you find out about this place…?” “I didn’t really…I just wanted to take you somewhere you could see the city at its best…and well it struck to me that the office district has a lot of really tall buildings and they probably overlook parts of the city…so on random I just chose this building…I wasn’t actually sure there was access to the roof, guess we got lucky huh?” he said grinning. “Thanks.” I smile. “Hmm?” “This has been the best first date for me till date.” I give him my brightest smile, I couldn’t explain the feelings I was feeling within me, feelings of comfort and a sense of immense affection for this guy I haven’t known for too long. For a second I thought he almost blushed, he looked really cute. I could only chuckle, so I guess even he has weaknesses. “Er..So.” he said “Yeah?” “Hmm never mind.” How weird. “What did you want to ask me?” I poke at his shoulder. “Nothing…much…” he says looking away. What? Now I got to know… “Come on, Come on, don’t be a sour puss!” “Er...nothing really just wondering how many dates have you been on…?” I had a smile appearing onto my face. “Why?” I asked him. Why was he so curious? “Just asking…yeah.”  “How cute.” I couldn’t help but pull at his cheeks. “What are you doing?” he asked shocked. “You’re cute.” He was bewildered and flustered. “I’m a guy, I don’t do cute, I know I’m y though.” He smirked.  “You are so full of it.” I walk away from him and focus onto the beautiful scene in front of me. Only to have him follow few moments later and wrap his arms around my waist tightly, inhaling the smell of my hair, and resting his chin on the crook of my neck. “Don’t you think it’s better to enjoy the view with two people?” he whispered into my ears, making me weak in the knees with his rough yet sensual voice. I could only breathe heavily and put my hands on top of his own, and we both stood there, for what may have been hours, just looking at the scene that lay before us, and he was right. It was a lot more amazing with him there.

It was something I’d never forget…it was a place, where just the two of us existed…

----------------------------------------------------
So Yeah~ I aint the best at romantic stuff XD~ But oh wells~
Look forward to Byg's POV for date continuation~

Read.Comment?Subscribe? :D

Toodles
-
MS