XIII

The One That Got Away

 

Chaerin’s POV

Your words had caught me...

After making my way into the mall, my feet began to move even faster. I felt like I needed to leave the place. I felt like I’d see him again soon. If I did I knew I wouldn’t be able to run. I’d probably let all the tears threatening to come out, just pour out like crazy. What’s wrong with me? Why am I running? Lee Chaerin, I’ve never felt such emotions, a weird stinging in my heart. I can’t have possibly gotten crazy attached to this fellow right? “It can’t be…” I slowly whisper but Minzy heard me. “Unnie, what’s wrong. That was Yong Guk and his crew right? Why are we running from them? Why are you acting like this? Did something happen?” She asked worried. She was asking me too many questions, but before I could answer Dara and Bommie Unnie found us. “Pudong-ah! Waegurae? What’s wrong?!” Dara Unnie asked in panic. I couldn’t answer. I didn’t know what to say, or how to say anything. Right now I just wanted to leave the place. I was getting restless. “Unnie let’s leave and go elsewhere huh?!” I asked in panic. “Chae..what’s happening?” “We saw Yong Guk and since then Unnie…” Minzy started talking but got cut off. “YAH! Did he do something to you Pudong-ah??!” Dara shrieked causing almost every passerby to stop whatever they were doing and stare at us. Before things begin to complicate themselves I forced myself to say something. “It’s not that Unnie, please let’s just leave and I’ll tell you later…” I was beginning to tear. Seeing this side of me I think, got everyone into a panic. I’ve always stayed strong, just today…of all days today… “Okay…let us…” before Bommie Unnie finished her sentence, what I was dreading happened. He found me…he caught up to me. “Unnie let us…” I was trying to leave, not look him in the eye. “Chae…” his voice made me stop in my tracks. “Please go away…” I slowly say to myself. “Unnie, Minji-ah kajja!” I say out loud and continue to walk again. This time though he grabbed my arm, and pulled me around so I was facing him. “Chae…why are you ignoring me?” he asked in such a gentle manner…but his face looked so distorted. “I’m not…” I respond slowly looking down, there is no way I can look into his eyes without crying. “Then why is it that you aren’t looking at me Lee Chaerin?!” his voice was getting louder. “I have nothing to say right now…I am busy I need to go…” I try to take my arm out of his grip, but it only got tighter. The pain was making it harder to not cry. “You’re lying…you avoided me…then you ignored me…and now you refuse to acknowledge me…WHY?” he yelled. I was shocked. I’d never had thought he’d have yelled at me. People were again looking at us. This is bad…if Appa found out. I just stood there silent trying to make my way out of this situation. “Maybe you should go, and talk to her another day?” Bommie Unnie spoke all of a sudden. I guess she sensed my emotional state. “Guk-ah…the girls are waiting, let us just go now you can talk to her later.” His black-haired friend appeared into the scene too. Guess he sensed the situation as well.  “No.” Guk said. “No! I will not! I want answers… I am not someone who you keep or talk to when you want to. I am not your boy toy Lee Chaerin!” he said shakily. “That night…that date…everything went so well. It ended so well! We…you and I…” If he kept talking any longer, I knew that I’d just break. I can’t not in front of him, not in front of these people…I cannot let word of this reach Appa.Taking a deep breath, pulling whatever courage and strength I could gather, I knew my one way out of this place, without him stopping me or following me. “Hahahaha..” I burst into laughter, it was hard. My heart hurt, but this was the only way. “Some people just don't know when to take a hint." I faked a sigh. "Guess…your not as dumb as I thought.” I said in a mocking tone. “Boy Toy?...” I raise an eyebrow. “ I wouldn’t go that far, I’ve only met you once…even toys are things we have some attachment for…” I say, yanking my arm out of his grip. He looked surprised, and I could see my words were affecting him. “You…hmmm. I guess.” I pretend to think by putting my finger under my chin and tapping against it. “You’re like a onetime thing? After that, you’re pretty much trash.” I tried to make myself smirk. I didn’t know if really turned out as I intended but seeing the change of color, and the hurt in Guk’s eyes I knew it was working. So I continued. With every step my heart took a bigger hit each time. “I don’t think you should think of you and me as anything special. Last time I checked we just wanted to have some …since when did that sort of thing turn deep?” I said snootily. “I think you’re mistaken, just because we had a few laughs and a good time you think you and I are something that should be repeated. Sorry doll, but I have class. If I was to date or even think of someone seriously, he’d not only need to match my style, and class, he’d have to have some serious cash, the pauper life isn’t for me.” Unable to continue anymore, because I could feel a tear making its way out, I turned around quickly and began to walk. The girl’s followed in suit.”Don’t think of stupid crap, and ruin my day, I’m a busy girl, my time costs money. Something you hugely lack.” Those were the last words I said out loud, before walking out another exit in the mall. 

My words killed you...

---------------------------------------

Oh Dear...What Just Happened?!
What is going to happend next?!

Read.Comment.Subscribe :D

Also I know its a rare moment that I actually updated in the next day.
Thanks for always waiting :)~

--
MS