Rain

To Be With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

On the day of Donghae's father's funeral, it was raining. 

It was raining really hard. It felt like you were standing under the shower - less than one minute and you were soaked to the skin. There was also a piercing wind blowing, bending trees as if they were made of rubber. Not one single person would want to go out, but they all remained by the grave until the closest family said their little goodbye speeches, each one moving Hyukjae to the core. 

He could just imagine the sorrow inside Donghae. The boy even stopped crying. He was just staring at the grave and looked like was having a silent conversation with his father.

The whole time Hyukjae had his hand on Donghae's shoulder. 

 

Leeteuk was nervously pacing through his room, Hyukjae, Sungmin and Shindong seating on his bed, Siwon on the floor. The leader made a strange noise, grabbed a handful of his hair and sat down beside Siwon, who put one arm around the older's shoulders in reassuring manner. "Hyung..."

"I don't know that to do anymore! He barely sleeps and talks... Just look at him, it's half Donghae left already! He haven't eaten anything for two days already, for Christ's sake!" - Leeteuk yelled, tears escaping his eyes. "How am I supposed to take care of him if he doesn't want me to? And I promised... I promised his father!" 

Sungmin kneeled before the leader, placing his palms on Eeteuk's tights. "Hyung, stop it... It's not your fault. Donghae... he's just really sad, but he'll be better in no time..."

Shindong threw Hyukjae a meaningful glance and proceeded to soothe the eldest one as the other two. 

Hyukjae stood up from the bed and sneaked outside. He went to the living room to find Donghae, sitting by the table and staring outside the window and Heechul trying to feed him some suspiciously looking porridge. He was completely ignored by his dongsaeng though. Hyukjae came closer to them. "I have to talk to you, Donghae."

The boy looked up at him for a moment, but then his head returned to his previous position. Heechul raised his eyebrows. "Talk then"

"Sorry, hyung. Not this time. Donghae, come with me" he turned ar

Please log in to read the full chapter