Far away

To Be With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Be careful, remember to refuel the car, don't go too fast, be careful, it's too dark already, don't let Donghae drive, be careful..."

"Hyung... I know... It's not that far away anyway..."

"Call me when you get there!"

"Okay, hyung, okay! We will call you!" Donghae laughed and hugged Leeteuk. He just put a cake that Ryeowook made for his mother in the boot and closed it carefully. It was Donghae's mother's birthday the next day and the boy desperately begged for a day off so that he could go home. The manager agreed under one condition - that he will make somebody take him there. As soon as he heard that, Hyukjae suggested that he'd take the job. Nobody really believed in Donghae's driving skills.

After reassuring Jungsoo that he will indeed be careful, Hyukjae started the engine of Donghae's car and slowly withdrawed from the garage. 

Donghae shed some tears, yelling through the window that he will miss everybody, even though they were planning to stay in Mokpo only for two days. 

When they were leaving Seoul behind, Donghae finally looked up from his phone (he felt the need to properly send 'I'll miss you' to every member separately). Hyukjae had felt a bit uncomfortable with all this silence filling the car - silent Donghae is not Donghae - so he tried talking first, even though he knew that by the time they get to their destination he will regret it. 

"So how are you lately? With all this drama and stuff..."

He knew that would be enough for Donghae to talk without a break for another hour or so. 

 

Hyukjae didn't really use any GPS on the way to Mokpo. He had been there enough to at least know the way. It wasn't that complicated either. If you took Seohaean expressway, you'd reach your destination in about 5 hours. That's why, when that said 5th hour passed and they were in the middle of a forest, Hyukjae realised that something went wrong. He had no idea where they were, so he stopped the car on the side and decided to woke up Donghae, who fell asleep about an hour before. 

"Hae, Hae,

Please log in to read the full chapter