〈 ☠ 〉 The Hardcore Truth

How Two Halves Formed into One

MiYoung stood there, trying to take in what Niel had just said.

“W-What?” MiYoung whispered, not believing what she had just heard. “N-Niel. NIEL! HOW DARE YOU LIE TO ME!” MiYoung yelled, running after Niel. “NIEL! NIEL! WHY ARE LYING TO ME, NIEL?!” MiYoung wailed.

She looked down the stairs to see that Niel was almost at the bottom of the stairs. She yelled at him because she didn’t want to believe it. She ran into her apartment, and into her room. She kneeled down in front of her mirror and started praying.

“Oh, please, don’t let this be true! This can’t be happening! What did I do to deserve this! Please-“ MiYoung began pleading and wailing, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she glanced up at her mirror. She saw WooHyun crawling through her window. She stood up, and he walked over to her. “YOU KILLER, YOU KILLER, YOU KILLER!” MiYoung screamed, pounding her fists against his chest. “You killer…” MiYoung stuttered, caught in her tears. She slid down to the floor, her tears just out of control.

“I really didn’t mean to do it, MiYoung. It all happened so fast…” WooHyun explained, MiYoung’s head.

All she did was cry, feeling so confused.

WooHyun stayed there with MiYoung to comfort her, while something else was happening.

“You guys!” SungJong panted, running over to Infinite.

“Geez, SungJong, where were you?” Hoya asked, raising an eyebrow.

“We need…to find...WooHuyn…” SungJong panted, gasping for more air.

“What? Why? What happened?” DongWoo asked, walking over to SungJong.

“Niel…he was walking around with a gun and saying he was going to shoot WooHyun if he ever saw him…” SungJong explained at a faster pace.

Infinite looked at each other and hesitated.

“We need to find him and bring him to the bar now. Let’s split up and look for him. If you find him, call all of us.” DongWoo ordered.

Everyone nodded and went their separate ways.

HaeYoon slowly walked into the apartment, her eyes still hurting from all the crying, and was weakly clutching MinSoo’s jacket. She sighed and wiped her makeup stained eyes as she hung up MinSoo’s jacket onto the coat hanger. She walked over to MiYoung’s room and tried to open it, but realized it was locked. “MiYoung? MiYoung-ah, I really need you right now. MiYoung, are you there?” HaeYoon began calling, her voice sounding weak.

MiYoung blinked her eyes open to realize she had fallen asleep on her bed next to WooHyun. He opened his eyes as well from the sound of HaeYoon’s voice.

“WooHyun, you have to leave.” MiYoung whispered, beginning to push him off the bed.

“But I don’t want to~” WooHyun whispered back, pouting cutely.

“Seriously, oppa! I’ll head out to the bar, okay? Just wait for me.” MiYoung explained softly, helping him escape through the window.

They caught each other’s gaze and kissed each other one last time before he headed off.

“MiYoung?” HaeYoon called from the other side of the door, growing impatient.

“Coming, HaeYoon!” MiYoung called, opening the door.

HaeYoon looked at MiYoung, and then made her way over to the window. She saw SungJong and WooHyun take off, which was all she had to see to see why MiYoung wouldn’t open the door.

“I knew you should have stuck with your own kind, but what did I do? I decided to be a good friend and let you be happy. But MiYoung, because of this forbidden love, you are putting WooHyun and yourself in danger.” HaeYoon began shooting off furiously. “Because of you two, your own brother had to die!” HaeYoon wailed, beginning to cry again.

“I know, HaeYoon, and I’m sorry because I know it’s my fault.” MiYoung mumbled, looking up at HaeYoon. “But we’re leaving tonight. We won’t be able to cause any harm to anyone anymore.” MiYoung added calmly.

HaeYoon and MiYoung stopped arguing when they heard someone walk through their door. They stood up and walked into the kitchen, discovering that Officer Choi was there.

“Um, good evening, officer. But, may I ask why you are here?” HaeYoon asked, straightening her posture.

“I am here to ask MiYoung a few questions, and then I’ll be off.” The officer explained, nodding.

“How long will you be here?” MiYoung asked.

“As long as I need to be. You better stop asking questions so I can leave as soon as possible.” Officer Choir growled, already growing impatient.

“Hae-HaeYoon.” MiYoung stuttered, turning to her friend. “Go…to the bar. And…tell…Niel. That…I will be a little late.”  MiYoung explained slowly, the look in her eyes signaling something totally different from what she had just said.

“…Yes, MiYoung. I’ll be right on my way.” HaeYoon mumbled, looking at Officer Choi before she put on MinSoo’s jacket and walked out the door.