〈 ☠ 〉 Just a Dream

How Two Halves Formed into One

"Where are those Infinites?" ChangJo sighed, throwing the basketball into the hoop.

"Hopefully they didn't chicken out. I'm really itching for a fight tonight." C.A.P commented, chuckling.

He joined in with the others in playing basketball. They were having a fun time and almost forgot they were supposed to be there for a fight until they heard footsteps coming from behind them. Ricky was about to shoot the basketball into the basket, but froze when he saw seven boys in the corner of his eye. Ricky slowly stood up, letting go of the basketball. Double T turned their heads towards Infinite and started walking closer to them.

"Alright, let's do this." SungGyu sighed, pretending to yawn.

SungGyu and C.A.P walked towards each other, but stopped suddenly. Infinite and Double T looked at them in confusion, but realized why they were just standing there.

"Officer Choi is coming. The car's right there." C.A.P whispered, nodding his head towards the street.

Sure enough, there was a police car coming down the street. Infinite and Double T looked at each other, trying to think up of what to do.

“Heads up!” ChunJi yelled, grabbing the basketball and hurling it at Hoya.

Hoya caught the basketball when L.Joe tried to reach for it and ran towards the other end of the court. Everyone immediately got the idea that they were going to play basketball to cover up the real reason why they were there. As expected, the police car stopped in front of the basketball court, but all of the boys pretended they hadn’t noticed.

“Hyung, over here!” Niel called, receiving the basketball from C.A.P.

Officer Choi walked into the basketball court and cleared his throat. Niel held the basketball, and everyone stopped moving.

“Why are you guys out so late? Planning on getting into a fight?” Officer Choi asked, crossing his arms and looking at them all suspiciously.

“I would be asking you the same thing, officer.” SungJong replied, causing a slight chuckle to burst from the boys.

“The police department suggested that security be boosted up because of you boys. Now, answer my question.” He replied with a sigh.

The boys could tell he was already getting impatient, so they went straight to the point.

“We just came back from the dance and decided to play a little b-ball before we head home.” MyungSoo explained, all the boys nodding in complete innocence.

“Alrighttt!~ That’s nice, to see you guys finally listening to my words. I’ll be heading out, now. You boys better be home by the time I come back.” Officer Choi chimed, giving them all a serious look before he walked back to his car.

The boys watched the car disappear, and SungGyu broke the silence with a sigh. SungJong and ChangJo lunged for each other, fists held out, but SungGyu and C.A.P held them back.

“We’re going to have to reschedule.” C.A.P stated, clearing his throat as he shoved ChangJo behind him.

“Agreed.” SungGyu commented, nodding.

“WHAT? We can just do this in five minutes. It’s not like he’s going to come back right away.” Hoya complained, rolling his eyes.

“We’ll do this tomorrow night. I’m sure we can wait; right, Hoya?” SungGyu explained, looking at Hoya straight in the eye.

Hoya just nodded, and looked away.

“This time, somewhere no one really comes across so we can actually get some of our jobs done.” C.A.P advised, SungGyu nodding in agreement.

“Under the highway, at nine o’ clock sharp.” SungGyu spat, C.A.P giving him a nod.

“Weapons?” Niel asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Rocks.” C.A.P suggested.

SungGyu was about to suggest something else, but WooHyun interrupted.

“Knives, guns, tanks! Are you guys serious? Weapons? Don’t you guys want a FAIR fight? Fist against fist?” WooHyun sighed, crossing his arms.

“Then, no weapons.” C.A.P stated, SungGyu nodding in agreement.

“As for a FAIR fight…we only have six, and you guys have seven. We’re not recruiting another member in Double T. Throughout all the generations of Double T, there has not been one less or one more member, the same for Infinite. I suggest one of your members sits this fight out.” C.A.P explained, SungGyu nodding slowly.

“WooHyun’s sitting this one out.” SungGyu decided without hesitation, looking up at C.A.P.

Everyone in Infinite except for SungGyu looked at WooHyun, but didn’t dare say a word. Everyone knew that there was no arguing with the leader.

“Under the highway, nine sharp, no weapons. First fight is our best man against yours.” C.A.P concluded, clapping his hands once.

“Right. We’ll see you buddy boys tomorrow night.” SungGyu murmured, leading Infinite out of the basketball court.

The second HaeYoon and her friends heard the door of their apartment open, she raced out of her room in a heartbeat. MiYoung had fallen asleep, so she wasn’t aware of her friends’ sudden disappearance.

“No fight?” HaeYoon asked, cocking her head to the side.

“Nope. Postponed for tomorrow night. Officer Choi ruined everything.” C.A.P answered, hugging HaeYoon.

The boys hung out for a while, but in a matter of minutes, C.A.P sent them all home. HaeYoon decided to sleep in her room even though it was quite a mess, which was why she slept in MiYoung’s room for a long period of time. However, she didn’t want to disturb MiYoung, since she had work to do. When all was silent, MiYoung was regardless of what was going on outside her window.

“WooHyun, what are you doing?” SungYeol whispered harshly, frowning at WooHyun.

WooHyun was walking up the stairs of the balconies that were attached to the apartment building.

“Just go ahead, I’ll catch up with you guys later.” WooHyun whispered back, continuing his walk.

Infinite sighed, but agreed to let WooHyun resume.

“MiYoung? MiYoung?” WooHyun whispered, trying to find MiYoung’s window.

MiYoung opened her eyes slightly and turned her head towards her open window. She sat up and looked out, seeing WooHyun below.

“WooHyun oppa?” MiYoung asked softly, brushing her hair away from her face.

WooHyun looked up, and when he saw MiYoung’s face, his face lit up and he grinned brightly. He quickly jogged up the stairs to the balcony above him and sat on the floor of the balcony so that his face was an equal level to MiYoung’s.

“What are you doing here?” MiYoung asked softly, turning around to see if anyone was behind her.

“I just had to see you.” WooHyun whispered, carefully brushing MiYoung’s flushed cheek.

“Well, now’s not a good time. Can we meet up sometime tomorrow?” MiYoung whispered, blushing. She gently held WooHyun’s hand that was brushing her cheek. “Come to the wedding shop across the street at six.”

“Alright! It’s a date then!” WooHyun chuckled, pecking her cheek before looking back at her. “I’ll be going now; Infinite’s waiting for me even though I told them to not wait for me.” WooHyun chuckled, sneaking a quick kiss on MiYoung’s lips before he stood up and looked at MiYoung one last before he walked down the stairs of the balcony.

MiYoung watched WooHyun wave goodbye before he walked away. She sighed and placed her hands over her heart, which was beating quickly. “This better not be a dream.” MiYoung chuckled to herself as she lied back down on her bed and fell back asleep.