I Don't Even Remember What I Called It lol But here's the RE-POST of CHAPTER 2

Second Time Around

Dear T.O.P-oppa,

I got up this morning and got dressed as usual and today instead of putting my hair into the usual bun or ponytail I left it down with my hair in wavy curls bouncing happily around my face. Now that I think about that sentence is totally irrelevant to anything going on with you lol. I’m sorry but I’ve literally run out of things to talk about. It’d be easier if you were here to answer back. Then again maybe it’s a good thing you're not because all we seem to do is bicker. I swear sometimes I just remember our times together and we like fought…a lot…like all of the time! I totally figured out why we fought so much and it’s your fault. Just letting you know that I am laughing (just in case you were wondering) and it’s because I know you're rolling your eyes and fighting with the words on the page. I’m sorry but its true…it’s you're fault we fight so much and it’s because you're completely lost in yourself. And usually that’s one of the traits I can’t stand about a person but because its you…I let you get away with it. I let you get away with so much! And I absolutely have no other choice, because I’m in love with you. And every time I see a picture or a video of you I feel compelled to cry because I miss you so much and it’s a constant reminder on how I am almost positive that you will forever be the only guy for me.

On a side note…I’ve noticed that in some of your pictures and you look like you haven’t been eating or sleeping. T.O.P-oppa, you need to eat more! You're getting too thin and you need more sleep (if they let you). You need to be well because I’m not there to take care of you. See! This is exactly what I was talking about! I knew I should’ve become a nurse. But no, you just had to insist that I wouldn’t be good at it. Hah! I would’ve been awesome at it, I would just have to take care of you; how could I fail at that? Well you were on my mind so I wanted to write to you before I went to work but I promise that I’ll write before I go to sleep.

Be well. Be safe,

Devon.

~~~~~

“Attention people! We have some announcements!”

                I was sitting in one of the hotels many banquet rooms with all of the other hotel employees. It was an early morning and the hotel’s management decided to have an important staff meeting before allowing us to do our jobs. I was sitting next to Greg who let out a grizzly yawn and Carla, a maid from housekeeping. Carla was an exotic Brazilian girl with light caramel colored skin and bouncing blonde curls. She was tall and gorgeous with her hazel eyes and super-model long legs. She was a year or two older than me and Greg but her maturity level was right along with ours.

“Alright! So as you know, The Hilton has a very prestigious reputation; and that’s because we have some of the best people working as our staff!” Summer said trying to get us enthusiastic but we all gave her silence.

                It was just too early for a battle cry; especially without our morning cups of coffee. Summer shrank away allowing the housekeeping manager to take over. Marisol Valdez was the closest replica to Sophia Vergara as anyone could get. With her Latin passion and flair and family-oriented environment feel she was a pleasure to work for. She was so down to earth and approachable she even required that all of the younger staff members call her Titi Mari or Aunt Mari in Spanish.

“I know it’s early people but try to stay awake? The point is…many famous people want to and feel comfortable when they stay here. So we will be receiving some high priority guests who will be flying in today!”

                There was a mixture of excitement and anxiety in the room.

“I wonder who it is!” Greg said excitedly. “I hope it’s someone like Jay Z or Eminem!”

“I hope it’s Tina Turner” I said admiringly.

“I don’t care who it is as long as it’s not Mariah Carey! Last time I almost caught a case! She’s such a diva!”

“I didn’t think she was that bad. I even got an autograph” I said to her.

“And while you were getting her autographs, I was slaving away separating her trail mix pieces into individual piles. She didn’t want her food touching!”

                Greg and I snickered quietly as we turned our attention back to the meeting.

“Now…the group has asked us not to disclose their name for fear of being exposed to bigger crowds. Therefore the secrecy agreements you all signed as a part of your employment to this hotel are still in effect. Any violation of those agreements can and will result in immediate termination. That is all...you are dismissed.” Marisol said with a slight smile.

“HAVE A HAPPY HILTON DAY!” Summer said with a creepy smile making everyone in the room feel uncomfortable.

“Who does this chick think she is?” Greg grumbled. “Effie Trinket?”

                Carla and I laughed as we split up to go do our jobs.    

~~~~TWO DAYS LATER~~~~

“Alright people! Out of the pool!” I shouted as another roll of thunder erupted in the sky.

“Hey lady!” A chubby kid yelled at me in the kiddy section. “Why do we have to get out?”

“Hey kid! Out of the water unless you want to get electrocuted!” I said as he waddled to the stairs to get out. “C’mon! As soon as it stops thundering you can go back in!”

                Dark clouds were beginning to cover the bright blue sky making it turn a smoky grey. I went around the pool’s perimeter fixing the chairs and tables before walking back to the sign in area.

“Devon?” Summer’s voice came in over the walkie-talkie. “Close it up, it looks like a storm is heading this way.”

“Alright” I said already walking around to take the life hooks and began putting the rest of the pool stuff in the pump room.

                Great…I just lost a days pay. I needed that money in order to move out of my parent’s house and now with this storm, it was pushing me further away from that goal. The crowd was leaving and I locked the gate putting the ‘Pool Closed’ sign on. I made it to the inside of the hotel just in time before the downpour began. I began walking to the employee break room but I saw a line of guests waiting to be signed in at the indoor pool with Greg nowhere in sight. I rushed over and began signing people in as I spotted him cleaning something up in a corner.

“Thanks” Greg said holding the infamous puke bucket.

“Eww!” I laughed. “Why does someone always puke on your shift?”

“I don’t know, but I wished they’d stop” he laughed too. “You got rained out?”

I nodded looking out the massive windows. “Yeah, I’m getting ready to punch out.”

“Did you close the pool Devon?” Summer’s voice rang over the walkie-talkie.

I rolled my eyes as Greg said “No she’s just sitting by the pool getting soaked.”

“Yea I closed it” I answered back.

“Okay…have a good day” I could hear Summer’s creepy ‘I’m Still Watching You’ smile over the speaker.

“Thank you Summer, you too” I said just as creepily and it had Greg laughing in a few minutes.

                I waved goodbye swiveling to my left to leave the indoor pool area. I walked slowly to the break room preparing to clock-out when I saw Marisol sitting at the lunch table surrounded by papers. I stepped closer and realized that they were applications. She looked swamped and flustered as she lifted her head to look at me. 

“Everything okay?” I said as she looked at me her eyes brightening.

“Devon can you do me a huge favor?” Marisol the manager from housekeeping asked me.

“Sure Mari, what do you need?”

“Since it’s raining you can’t work at the pool right?”

“Yeah…Greg’s covering the inside one so I can’t work today” I explained. “Why?”

“Because I need back-up for some of my staff. One of the new girls up and quit and I need help with rooms”

                I groaned I hated room duty. The images of dirty underwear and bathroom stains along with whatever else you might find would forever scar my impression on cleanliness about people.

“Come on chica! I need the help” She smiled knowing I would do it. “Just think its eight more hours of pay.”

                I sighed heavily walking ahead of her to the housekeeping closet to get change out of my pool staff shirt and into a hotel uniform.

“Thank you!” She sang after me sounding more like Sofia. “Meet Carrey in the penthouse”

                I nodded changing into the uniform and went to the back elevators that took me straight to the top floor. I walked into the hallway and turned the corner seeing someone sitting outside of the room reading a magazine. This guy was huge Asian man with the build of a slender sumo wrestler.  He was flipping a page of Vanity Fair when I realized who it was my mouth dropped.

“Sim Sunbae?”

“Neh!” he answered. “How do you know me?”

“Sim Sunbae!!!!” I exclaimed hugging him tightly. “It’s me! Devon Ashford! From the BIGBANG event two years ago!!!!”

“Devon Ashford?!” He said remembering and I nodded.

                He grabbed me covering my mouth pulling me inside the room.

“How did you find us Devon?”

“Us?” I asked shocked. “What do you mean us?”

                And I heard someone begin asking a question in Korean but my mind couldn’t function because there he was. Taeyang in the flesh!

“Devon?” He said in disbelief. “Devon!”

                I was legit spazzing out! Taeyang was jogging over to me wrapping his strong arms around me engulfing my body. He began yelling in Korean and one by one more members of BIGBANG came out.

“AH! Daesung!” I shrieked as he pulled me into a bear hug.

“GD!!!” I squealed and he hugged me before smiling.

“SEUNGRI!” I was squealing even more as he rushed up to give me a tight hug.

“NO WAY TEDDY TOO!!!!!!” I swear I started hyperventilating.

                Teddy picked me up and swung me around the room. I was so happy to see him, all of them.

“What are you guys doing here?!” I said shaking my head on the verge of crying.

“We could ask you the same thing?” Taeyang challenged with a grin.

“I WORK HERE!” I squealed while gesturing to my outfit. “WHAT ARE YOU-”

                And there he was stepping out of a room looking more glorious than ever wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. T.O.P was shirtless in front of me, and I was almost positive that he was the Ghost of Biases Past. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t function and the confused puzzled look on his face wasn’t helping. And that’s when I became light-headed, and the Almighty God allowed me to pass out.

I could faintly hear someone say “Some things never change.”    

 

~~~~

okay so double update today...i'm just putting the finishing touches on the next

 part. it'll  be up before 3 o-clock today