The Cruel Truth

Kill or Be Killed 2

"You can't do that!" Krystal shrieked. "No! Not my sister! Don't make my sister become your victim! Aren't I enough? Do you hate the Jung sisters so much? Why are you doing this to us?! What have we ever done to you?!" She began to cry again. She did not know why she cried. Her emotions were messed up. She was afraid for her sister. She was angry at D.O. She was grieving for Sulli's death. If only she had a moment to sort out what was really happening. She needed time to think and let go.

"What have both of you ever done to me? Well, you've done nothing to me, actually. I just like to see you suffer. Do you want to know why? Because you're blind. Kai loves you with all his heart and yet you treated him like a piece of . I care for Kai as a groupmate, as a brother. I hate to see him cry because of you. You made him suffer. I hate you for that," D.O spat.

Krystal laughed bitterly. "Are you gay? I did not treat Kai like a piece of ! In fact, I treated him very well," she said.

"Are you deaf? I said, I cared for Kai as a brother! Liar. You treated him very badly. If not, why would he cry after he met you during SMTOWN's concerts, schedules and in SM Building? Kai is a strong person. I've never seen him so sad like that before. You were so cruel. Because of your cruelty, your lovely sister, Jessica, is going to suffer a lot of hell in a few days' time," he replied.

"Even though I broke Kai's heart, I did not cost anyone his or her life. You're going to make Jessica die like this," she replied.

"That's where you're wrong, Krystal-sshi. Kai almost killed himself when you rejected him when he confessed to you. I had to remind him that you are not his everything and he has a lot of potential. You don't deserve him. He deserves someone better than you," he said.

She visibly paled. She turned towards Kai. "I.... Is that true?" she stammered.

Kai just stood at where he was standing. He did not deny it nor did he say it was true. But from the look of his face, Krystal knew it was the truth. She bit her lips. God, was she that cruel? Was she that heartless towards her own junior? That was so mean of her... How could she be so mean? How could she trample on Kai's heart without even apologising? She instantly remembered what exactly happened that day...

 

"Krystal-sshi, I-I... I have something to tell you," Kai stammered. The two of them were at a park just hanging out as they had not had anything better to do.

"What is it?" Krystal asked. She was thinking about what had happened during her practice with other f(x) members. She had tripped several times and ruined the choreography of the dance. She practically did every single dance step wrongly. She was scolded a lot of times by the other group members. Well, of course. The youngest always got pushed around, right? But the reason of her clumsiness was because of a certain person. Kai.

Krystal had seen how Kai had looked at her. She noticed how Kai had stared at her when he thought that she was not looking in his direction. She was confused. Did Kai like her or not? Was it just her imagination? Truth to be told, she did not know. She did not know a single thing at all. But she knew one thing, though. She did not like Kai back.

"I-I... I love you," Kai confessed.

Krystal blinked. She did not know what to think. So, she feigned ignorance. "Of course, you do. I love my junior, too. We're a family, right?"

"No, not that kind of love. I'm in love with you," he said.

"Oh," she said. She paused for awhile. Then, the stress and pressure she had been feeling that day was pressing down on her. She stood up and snarled,"Well, I'm not in love with you."

"Can't you at least give me a chance?" he pleaded.

"No, Kim Jongin. I can't. If I ever date you, which I won't and will never will, I won't be able to concentrate on my work. Your stares got me uncomfortable. The way you talk to me make me cringe. So, I suggest you stop loving me. It won't be worth it. Stop liking me," she spat.

Krystal was about to walk away when she heard him say,"Can't you just give me at least one chance? If it doesn't work out, then, I'll let go of you."

She whirled on him and sneered,"I will never fall in love with you. You know why? Because I'm in love with someone else. Your best friend, Lee Taemin." With that, she walked away, leaving her poor junior with a broken heart. But she still felt guilty for lying to him. She had lied about her liking Taemin. She lied to him just to make him hurt enough to let go of her.

 

"Kai was so brokenhearted that day," D.O said. "I hate you for that. That is why I enjoy seeing you suffer. But Kai loves you way too much. He tried to kill me for making use of you. You deserve it, Jung Soojung. You deserve every misery and pain I've inflicted on you this past few hours."

"Yes, I deserve it. I deserve it for heartlessly breaking your beloved friend's heart. But let me tell you one thing. My sister does not deserve to suffer. She's innocent! She did not make Kai suffer!" Krystal replied.

"You're wrong again," he said. "Your sister did make him suffer. She talked bad about him behind his back. Kai and I had heard her one day. She was talking bad things about Kai to the late Yuri-sshi, saying how unsuitable he was for you."

"I..." was hanging open. She was at loss for words. She closed and tried to think of a comeback. "What about Kris? Why do you want to kill him?" she asked.

D.O smirked. "A simple reason. He wanted to kill Sulli."

Kris looked at D.O. "How do you know that?!"

"Looks like your darling little brother, Huang Zitao, isn't loyal to you, after all," D.O replied, smirking.

Kris looked at Tao for explanation. Tao gulped and took in a deep breath before saying,"I felt so guilty. After Kris-ge had killed Lay-ge, Kris-ge told me that he wanted to kill Sulli-sshi as Lay-ge liked her but actually, Lay-ge liked someone else. Lay-ge liked someone whom I love very much. How could I bear to let Kris-ge to kill someone that I love? I can't stand that. It's too painful for me to bear. So, I texted D.O-ge, since he loves Sulli, that Kris-ge wanted to kill Sulli. I don't want to be the cause of Sulli's death. I can't bear with that guilt living inside of me."

Kris's face softened. "Did I kill someone innocent?" he asked.

"Yes, you did," D.O snarled at him. "I hate you for that."

Kris looked at him, his eyes began to darken. "At least I'm not a coward like you."

"What was that supposed to mean?!" D.O demanded.

"At least I did not blackmail a girl to kill the person who wanted to kill the person that I love very much," Kris said. "That's an act of a coward."

 

 

While Krystal, D.O, Kai and Kris had their drama in the middle of the shopping mall, Taemin and Victoria sneaked away quickly. Unfortunately, they were stopped by Sehun.

"Why did you do it?" Sehun demanded.

"Why did we do what?" Victoria asked.

"Why did you kill Luhan hyung?" he asked.

Taemin smiled bitterly. He handed the younger guy the letter which the mysterious person had given them. Sehun read it and sighed.

"Did he let you kill him?" he asked.

"He said that he would die as long as all of us are safe," Taemin answered hoarsely.

A bitter smile was plastered on Sehun's face. "Of course. Luhan hyung is such a kind person. That's why I love him as my brother. He was so sweet, gentle and caring. He was willing to sacrifice himself for others," he said as tears started to fall on his cheeks.

 

 

"I agree with Kris oppa. You are nothing but a coward, Do Kyungsoo," Krystal spat.

"Shut up!" D.O snarled angrily.

"Why? You can't even deny it, can you? Because you know it's the truth, don't you?" Kris mocked.

D.O glared at him and took out his phone. "No!" Krystal shouted and flung herself at him. Both of them fell to the floor hard but D.O smiled.

"Too late, Jung Soojung," he said.

 

 

Author's Note:

What's going to happen to Jessica will be revealed in the sequel. Be patient, okay? :) No deaths in this chapter! Aren't you glad? LOL. Anyway, thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing! Please comment and subscribe! Enjoy reading the next chapter!

P/S: If you're confused about anything in this story, just ask me and I'll explain it to you. :)