Shooting In The Dark

Kill or Be Killed 2

     For a moment, time seemed to freeze. Everyone was stunned by the sudden sound. It had been so quiet before and that was the first sound that made every single one of the idols alert. Krystal knew that it was time for them to play a game. God knows what kind of game they were going to play. Her heart began to speed up. She was beginning to get paranoid. What if Minho and I die in this game? she thought to herself.

     She had seen the scissors that was thrown to D.O. She was glad that it did not hit him but there was a part inside of her that was disappointed that it did not hit him. She tried to push those thoughts away but then, it would be very beneficial for her and her sister if he died. That way, she would not be pretending to kill someone. Her sister's life would not be in danger, too.

    Krystal shook her head as though by doing that, she would be able to forget those thoughts. She saw Kai emerge from the shadows. She bit her lip as a smile began to form on her lips. Perhaps, if they work together, they would be able to kill D.O....

    "Fast reflexive, huh?" Kai said.

    D.O rolled his eyes. "Whatever. The problem is, why do you want to kill me?"

    "Let me see, first of all, you-" Kai started to say.

    "Oh shut up, both of you! Let's just go to where the siren came from," Krystal immediately snapped.

    "Why must we go there?" D.O demanded.

    "Well, if you don't want to live, then, stay here." She shrugged.

    "Fine. Let's go, then," D.O said grumpily, shooting glares towards Kai.

     Kai glared at him back and the three of them walked towards where the siren came from.

 

 

    "Okay, let's make a plan," Chen said as soon as they stepped out of their hiding place. They walked towards the place where the siren came from.

    "Sure, what kind of plan?" Amber asked.

    "Well, if any of you get the chance, kill Jonghyun," Key said.

    Chen gasped. "What about JongKey?!"

    Key looked at him with pity. "In the short time you've become an idol, haven't you learned yet?" he asked.

    Chen shook his head. "What am I supposed to learn?" he asked cluelessly.

    Amber sighed. "He meant that everything on television is not true. The friendship, the relationship with our groupmates and everything else is fake."

    "You mean...." Chen said, his mouth hanging open.

    "You're so naive, Chen-sshi. But it's okay. If you win this game, you'll learn more about being an idol," Key said.

    "Yeah, well...." Chen said, still stunned by the sudden revelation.

    "So, why is there a siren?" Amber asked.

    "I don't know. But we'll just have to find out," Key said.

    As if on cue, they arrived at the place where the siren came from. There were balloons everywhere, hanging from the ceiling. There, they saw Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin and Victoria. Victoria greeted them with a sad smile. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying.

    "Unnie, why are you crying?" Amber asked, alarmed.

    Victoria shook her head. "Nothing, Amber-ah. I'm just feeling remorseful," she replied her with a smile that did not reach her eyes. She looked down to her hands miserably.

    Taemin, who saw that, flinched guiltily. If they survive this game, their crimes would haunt them for the rest of their lives. They would be living in guilt forever.

    "Luhan's dead," Taemin said quietly.

    "What?!" Chen asked, shocked. "B-but he was sooo... alive j-just now, at the airport," he stammered. He was stunned. It was only a few hours ago since he had last seen Luhan. "Sehun's going to be sad..." he murmured softly.

    "Not that you care," Key whispered.

    "Of course, I care," Chen replied.

    "Other than that, Lay is dead, too," Kris, who had just arrived with Tao, said nonchalantly.

    "Whaaat?!" Chen gasped. "Oh my God. I'm going to be sick. Oh my God. I'm in the same location with killers. Oh my God," he whispered hoarsely.

    "Who killed Lay?" Minho asked calmly.

    "Me," Kris said.

    Chen staggered backwards as though he had just been slapped. He looked at his leader, shocked. "You....! You are supposed to be our leader! You are supposed to set a good example. Yet you killed him! How dare you! How dare you! You traitor! I hate you! You don't deserve to be a leader at all! I hate you...." Chen bit his lip.

    Tao glanced nervously at Kris. He knew Kris well enough that when his face harden, Kris was about to cry. But of course, he would not cry in front of them. Kris just shrugged, not bothering to defend himself.

    "Hate me all you want. I don't care. Lay's dead and there's not a single you can do to change that fact," Kris snapped. He put on his poker face.

    "Hello!" Sulli greeted cheerfully. Kris immediately turned towards her. He scowled at her.

    "What are we supposed to do here?" Baekhyun asked in the same tone as Sulli.

    Kai, D.O and Krystal, who had just arrived, looked at them as though they were crazy. Luna, Suho, Xiumin and Chanyeol were running towards them. They panted.

    "Gosh, I thought we're late," Luna said.

    "There's someone who is later than all of you," Key said.

    "Ah, really? Who?!" Xiumin asked.

    "Sehun," Victoria, Taemin, Suho and Tao said in unison.

    "I'm here," Sehun said. He went out of his hiding place.

    "Hey, why are you so late?" Key asked.

    "I'm early. I was hiding because I just want to make sure that this is not a trap," Sehun replied.

    "Paranoid much?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

    "Look at that screen!" Sulli shouted, pointing at a screen. There was a table covered with cloth.

    Everybody looked at where she was pointing.


Dear SHINee, f(x) and EXO members,

Just like your seniors, you must play a game. If you look under the cloth of that table, there would be 19 guns. This place will be in total darkness. You will have to shoot at those balloons up there. Be careful not to shoot your friends/groupmates. Everyone MUST shoot at least once. If not, you'll die. And anyway, the game will be over when every single one of the balloon has burst.

Good luck in this game. Hope you will enjoy.

Yours Sincerely,

Lee Soo Man

 

    "Are these real guns?" Taemin asked naively as soon as they uncovered the guns.

    "Of course," Jonghyun said.

    "Remember our plan," Key whispered to Chen and Amber. Both of them just nodded. Everyone grabbed one gun. Suddenly, all the lights were switched off. Amber was staying close to Jonghyun. She stalked him wherever he went.

Bang!

Pop!

    Amber did not know who was the one who had shot the balloon. All she knew was that person really had a good accuracy. For a moment, her ears were deafened by the sound of the gun. She tried very hard to follow Jonghyun.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Pop!

    Everything was confusing. She was blind. She d her way around. She could see nothing but total darkness. She could barely see the figure in front of her. She just kept on following blindly. The person stopped. He aimed towards the ceiling.

Bang! he shot.

Pop! the balloon burst,

Amber aimed at his shoulder and pulled the trigger.

Bang!

    "Ow!" the person cried out in pain. It was then, chaos erupted.

    "Who is hurt?!" someone shouted.

    "Oh my God! Someone is taking advantage of this game to kill someone!" someone else yelled.

    "This is freaking crazy!"

    "Just shoot the balloons quick! We have to know who is hurt and heal him or her quickly!"

    Amber ignored all of the voices and aimed again, this time at the back of his head. And....

Bang!

 

 

Author's Note:

Well, I enjoyed writing this chapter even though it kind of does not make much sense(?). I really enjoy it when I write the bang and pop part as I don't know... It's just fun. LOL. I'm weird. Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting! Do comment and subscribe! Enjoy reading the next chapter! :)