Saving A Friend

Kill or Be Killed 2

   As soon as the second shot was heard, the idols became more chaotic. Screams were heard everywhere. Balloons bursting and shots were heard. For a moment, Amber thought that she had been shot as she felt numb. But then, it was impossible. After all, she was the one who had pulled the trigger. She hoped that Jonghyun, or at least the person whom she thought was Jonghyun, would die. It would be better that way.

   "I can't believe this! Why are we killing one another?!" Luna shrieked. She was crying very hard. She could not believe that one of the idols would become a murderer. She just could not accept that fact.

   "Greed," Kris answered emotionlessly. "At least that is, for Lay's case."

   "Can't we just stop this? It's hurting all of us! Do you think the four winners would be able to live through their lives, after this?! Hell, no! This incident will hurt them forever! It will leave a scar! So, why don't we stop killing one another?!" Sehun yelled.

   "It's the first time I've ever heard you yell, Sehun-sshi," Sulli said calmly.

   "Why are you being so calm?" Xiumin snapped.

   "She has her own reasons," Baekhyun answered.

   "And why are you defending her, Baekhyun-ah?" Tao asked.

   "Oh, shut up! You're just adding oil to the fire!" Minho shouted.

   "Minho-ah, it's adding fuel to the fire, not adding oil to the fire," Key corrected.

   "Key-sshi, I know that you're the so-called mother in SHINee but this isn't the time for correcting other people's mistakes," Victoria said.

   "Are you even taking this seriously?!!!!" Krystal yelled. "This is a serious matter! It's not the time for playing around or joking! You are all hopeless, really. Is this it?! Is this what we've become? Heartless monsters?!"

   "That's weird, coming from you. For all I know, it was you who had killed Onew," D.O replied.

   "I did not-" Krystal started but stopped. "Well, who was the one that had blackmailed me?! It was you! You're just a devil behind that face of yours! I wish you would rot in hell!"

   "Funny. People would burn in hell, Krystal-sshi, not rot," he said.

   A few people gasped. Tears were coming out of Luna's eyes fast. She could not seem to stop crying.

   "I didn't expect that from you, Krystal-ah," Taemin said softly.

   "Oh, says the person who had killed Luhan," Xiumin replied sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

   "How do you even know that?!" Victoria asked, stunned.

   "Taemin hyung, you killed Luhan hyung?" Sehun asked, horrified.

   "CAN'T WE JUST GET BACK TO THE GAME AND HEAL THE PERSON WHO WAS SHOT BY GOD-KNOWS-WHO ALREADY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Chanyeol exploded. He was fuming mad. "There is no use in arguing, right now! We have to finish this off quickly and then heal that person!"

   "Why aren't you shooting the balloons?" Amber asked.

   "This is ridiculous! Look at us! Arguing among ourselves all because of one stupid game!" Kai exclaimed.

   Everybody was quiet. Baekhyun looked down quietly. He, then, aimed his gun to the ceiling.

Bang!

Pop!

   Then, out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Kai aim his gun, not towards the ceiling, but towards..... D.O. Baekhyun gasped softly. He grasped Kai's hand.

   "What are you doing?" he hissed.

   "What does it look like I'm doing?" Kai rolled his eyes. "Trying to shoot D.O."

   "You can't do that!" Baekhyun replied.

   Kai looked into his groupmate's eyes. He smirked slightly. "Watch me." He held his arm out towards D.O's back and pulled the trigger. Everything happened so fast, then. Baekhyun was just following his instincts and pushed D.O out of the way. As if it were a punishment for him for saving D.O's life, Baekhyun got shot instead of D.O. Kai let out a strangled cry.

   I did not mean to shoot him.... he thought to himself. It's not my fault that he's dead...

   

 

Author's Note:

A short chapter, I know. But a very meaningful one. I planned to make it longer but I figured that I owe all of you an update so, yeah. :) Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the chapter even though it's short. I promise to make it longer in the next chapter. The next chapter will be quite uhh... I don't know how to describe it. You'll just find the words to describe it yourself. :)

Do comment and subscribe! Enjoy reading the next chapter! :)