Chapter 27

It All Started With a Favour....

A:N/ Omo, it's the end already! I'm really going to miss you guys. I hope you'll like the ending. I should be putting up my next story.... Tomorrow... I think.... Hopefully, but I might be a little busy so I might not do it until nighttime (my time) as opposed to during the day like I normally do (again, my time). I don't presume to know what time I update for you guys, but I figure that might give you an idea what day (for you) you should expect the new story to pop up. Again, it's up to you whether you read my new story, but I'll be glad to see you again if it interests you...If not, then I guess this is goodbye. Thank you for reading my story, I hope you enjoyed it.

 

Oh and there is a bit of bad language and some slightly suggestive material, but it's nothing too bad!

- -

 

L. Joe had tried his best to be considerate to Chunji's feelings for the next few hours. A very difficult feat for someone as inconsiderate as himself. He knew that he'd made Chunji bring him here. He'd explained himself, and as far as he could tell, Chunji had accepted his story. But he had hurt the other boy's feelings very badly. He'd really come over, wanting to confess his feelings for Chunji, unable to take the tension between them anymore, but he had just hurt Chunji pretty badly. He wanted to be sure that Chunji had forgiven him, first.

 

He didn't want to get rejected after all.

 

But then his attention had been caught up with Chunji's reaction to him being in his classroom that afternoon. Chunji had been so angry about it, and he couldn't understand why. Chunji hadn't been that angry with him, when it was just the two of them. If there was a time where he was going to be able to express his anger towards L. Joe the most freely, surely it would be when the two of them were alone together. So then, why had Chunji only seemed angry with him when they were in the classroom? What was it that Chunji had been so concerned by?

 

L. Joe waited until after they'd both had their showers and gotten changed into their clothes for the evening. Things had been better between them, after he'd explained what was going on with Da-eun. He could tell that Chunji was relieved that she wasn't his girlfriend, which didn't exactly come as a surprise to him.

 

They'd been friendly with one another again. For the first time all week things had felt good between them; everything felt normal; it felt right again.

 

That was what had given L. Joe the courage to follow Chunji into his bedroom, when he said that he wanted to go to bed. Normally L. Joe slept on the lounge, but it wasn't sleep that L. Joe had in mind, when he shut the door behind him. Chunji was seated on the edge of his bed, clearly waiting for whatever it was that L. Joe had to say to him, so that he could kick the other boy out of his room.

 

L. Joe stood in front of the older boy, arms crossed, decisively as he stared Chunji down, seriously. “What was this afternoon about?”

 

“What do you mean?” Chunji questioned, feeling drained from having L. Joe around all day. The week had been very emotional for him, and his day had only added to that. He felt tense and, even though he was reassured by L. Joe's explanations, which he'd decided to believe, he still felt a little miserable. Even if L. Joe wasn't going out with Da-eun now, the fact that she was his ex-girlfriend, combined with his confession that he wasn't gay, meant that Chunji still stood no chance with the boy before him. As such, finding out that he was single, didn't really make things any better, nor did they really make Chunji feel any better about the whole thing.

 

“In your classroom. You seemed angry, why?” L. Joe explained.

 

“Gee, maybe because I was still hung up about you and Da-eun?” he explained, a little irately. L. Joe couldn't resist the urge to smirk at Chunji's word choice, irritating the other boy further, “What?” he demanded harshly.

 

“Sorry, it's just you've never come right out and said that you had a problem with me and Da-eun before now. It's not like it's a secret or anything, but it kind of makes me want to ask why it bugged you so much.” L. Joe explained, a little sheepishly, covering his mouth to hide the way his smirk only grew when he saw the way Chunji jolted at being caught, his face flushing, cutely.

 

“But that wasn't it.” L. Joe pressed. “I just know there was something else that was bugging you. You were looking around the room, before you stormed out. Did I say something embarrassing?” L. Joe continued, an apologetic look shimmering in his gaze, as he tried to understand what had been going on.

 

“No.” Chunji said, suddenly feeling really uncomfortable with their conversation. He so wanted to be able to pretend that L. Joe wasn't asking him this. He wanted to be able to push aside L. Joe's concerns, with the lie that it was because of Da-eun. He didn't want L. Joe to find out about his age-complex. He felt shameful and erse enough as it was, without knowing that other people knew how he felt too.

 

“Then why did you act like that? You certainly seemed like you were embarrassed. So what did I do?” L. Joe demanded.

 

“You didn't do anything.” Chunji reassured, even as he squirmed slightly, wondering if he could slip out of the room without having L. Joe catch him. But even if he succeeded, L. Joe wouldn't let up about this, he knew. He'd bug him about it until he found out. The fact that he'd tried to escape him, in order to avoid talking about it, would only make him more curious, and thus more persistent.

 

“Then why did you seem so embarrassed? Is it the way I dress? The way I look? Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?” L. Joe continued, shrugging his shoulders, trying to convey to Chunji that he couldn't think of any other reason why Chunji would be embarrassed at the situation, because they certainly weren't doing anything to be embarrassed about.

 

Chunji shuddered, knowing that it would come across as his being guilty, but he couldn't help it. It had been instinctive, when he'd heard what L. Joe had said. He loved the way that L. Joe looked; he loved the way he dressed. He loved it so much that he kind of resented himself for it. “I like the way you look. You always look good.” Chunji reassured him, but his voice was soft. He was hoping that L. Joe would be able to pick up on his subtle way of explaining what the problem was, without offending him.

 

He didn't want L. Joe to force a confession out of him, but that was the only way that his feelings would make any sense, now that he'd been caught. He could just imagine the look on L. Joe's face when he'd have to tell him that he's gay and that he likes him. It wasn't pretty. None of this would end well, he was sure.

 

“If I look okay why were you embarrassed to be seen with me?” L. Joe said, asking the same question over and over again, stubbornly, refusing to let Chunji get away with not answering him. He needed to know what was going on. Because if Chunji really was embarrassed by him, then he'd know his confession could only be met with rejection, despite the way everything had seemed between the two of them; despite how sure he was that Chunji reciprocated his feelings.

 

He didn't want to have been mistaken.

 

“Your book.” Chunji confessed, distractedly, gaze settling across the room, feeling uncomfortably trapped by their current positions; by the way L. Joe towered over his seated form, gaze boring straight through him. It wasn't fair that L. Joe had such an intense gaze. It made him feel so unsettled in situations like this, where he didn't want to say anything, but thanks to that look, the words would be pulled from him nonetheless.

 

“My book? What about it? Why would you be embarrassed by my History textbook; you're a History student! If anything it should have made you happy!” L. Joe demanded, his confusion and Chunji's unwillingness to explain making him irritated. He was sick of not knowing what was going on. He wanted Chunji to stop playing games; to just come out and say it like he did all the time. He wanted to know one way or the other if he could confess; because he wanted to just come right out with it already.

 

Chunji cringed at the anger he heard in L. Joe's voice, telling himself harshly, that he needed to calm down. He was clearly annoying the younger boy, and with what he had to say, the last thing he needed was for L. Joe to be angry with him. If L. Joe was already angry when he explained what was going on, things could end up so much worse than they were already bound to. “It was a Year 12 textbook.” he explained, softly, gaze focused heavily on the floor at L. Joe's feet.

 

L. Joe's eyebrows quirked at the comment, unable to see the importance of the statement. He couldn't see why that should make Chunji feel so uncomfortable and embarrassed. “Yeah, and? I was a Year 12 student this year.” L. Joe said.

 

Chunji didn't say anything, he knew he didn't need to. He could almost feel the moment where it finally sunk into L. Joe's mind what the problem was. He sat there patiently, eyes closed to help him brace for the blow he was expecting would follow the realisation. He expected L. Joe to act out; he would no doubt be angry with him for it.

 

The harsh grip of L. Joe's fingers yanking his chip up, forcing him to meet L. Joe's gaze were only sort of unexpected. His eyes flew open at the hold, staring straight into L. Joe's own, barely 10 cm from his face. He certainly looked mad. “Let me get this straight. You were embarrassed at the thought that your classmates might realise you were talking with a high school student?”

 

Chunji couldn't bring himself to nod, with the way L. Joe was looking at him right now. He had been expecting anger, but L. Joe looked beyond that; he looked furious. Chunji was kind of worried about this whole thing, now. He actually felt a small tremor of fear at this; he was little bit afraid of L. Joe right at this moment. The way that he was looking at him right now, made him feel more than a little bit scared.

 

Who knew what was going to happen now.

 

L. Joe shoved Chunji back onto his bed, climbing on top of him, to keep him pinned in place, heated glare still firmly in place. Chunji kind of loathed the fact that he kind of enjoyed the feeling of L. Joe's body pressed against him; warmth seeping through the barrier of their clothes, making him feel flushed and heady.

 

“I thought you were better than that Chunji. What is it that sets you off hmm? Does my age mean that I'm too inexperienced to be worth the time of day, since I won't be able to scream about how you're the best I've ever had, actually having a standard to compare you against? Or is it because you think that I'll refuse to sleep with you altogether, since all young people are so virtuous? Is it because it'd hurt your male ego, to think that you scored with me, because I was too young to be able to do any better? Or are you just a traditionalist, and think that because I'm younger than you I'm just plain not worthy of getting to have you? Which is it, hmm?” L. Joe demanded, pure fury written across his features.

 

Chunji shook his head desperately, hoping that he could convince L. Joe that none of those options were true. L. Joe sounded so offended at the thought that Chunji was embarrassed by him because of his age. “None of those reasons, L. Joe. I swear.” Chunji pleaded, struggling to try and get up, but L. Joe slammed him back down on the mattress, forcing Chunji's struggling form to cease his movements, by tightening his grip.

 

“Oh really?” L. Joe sneered, clearly not believing him.

 

“Really.” Chunji nodded, hurriedly, “I just.... I feel... Like I'm taking advantage of you. I feel erse and disgusting for liking you, because I'm too old for you. You make me feel like a pedo.” Chunji confessed, eyes shutting sharply, not wanting to see the look on L. Joe's face after he had heard his explanation.

 

A bitter laugh was drawn from between L. Joe's lips, and the sound made Chunji shudder. He wasn't really scared of L. Joe; all he wanted was for L. Joe to believe him. He didn't want L. Joe to think that he looked down on him, because he was younger, it wasn't like that at all. He was disgusted with himself because he was so desperate for a school student to like him. The gave him power over L. Joe. It made his feelings for him, disgusting. He wanted to take advantage of the younger boy, and that repulsed him.

 

“So you're a pedo for liking me are you? For wanting me? Would you still be a pedo if I'm the one riding you until you inside me? What about if I were the one screwing you? Would you still be a pedo if I'm the one buried deep inside of you when we're having ?” L. Joe demanded. He was still angry about the whole thing. He hated the thought that Chunji saw himself like that; it felt like he was demonising not only his feelings for L. Joe, but also L. Joe's feelings for Chunji in return.

 

He couldn't stand the thought that Chunji was making such a big deal about 6 lousy months. That was nothing! There was nothing wrong with the two of them going out; they were practically the same age. But no, instead Chunji just had to focus on their titles. That 6 months made the difference between a high school student and a university student and he couldn't stand that.

 

He hated the thought that this was the constant source of tension floating between them that he'd sensed at random times. All because of 6 months difference in their ages, Chunji felt like he was taking advantage of L. Joe's youth and inexperience; that even if he were the one being seduced it would still be him in the wrong, simply because he's older.

 

What annoyed L. Joe the most about that, was the knowledge that he couldn't change that. Age was fixed; it was never going to change. Which meant that he couldn't just explain it away. Unless he could convince Chunji that it didn't mean as much as he seemed to think it did, they would never be able to get together. The thought that something so small and insignificant could be the only thing keeping him from Chunji infuriated him.

 

Chunji had nodded to both of L. Joe's questions, despite the fact that they'd both known they were rhetorical questions. But he hadn't missed the way Chunji had shimmied about when he'd spoken. Despite clearly having issues with their slightly differing ages, the images that had assailed him at L. Joe's words, had still affected him. He did like L. Joe too; L. Joe had to have realised that by now.

 

“Look. I get that this whole age thing is a big deal to you, but it shouldn't be. It's not a big deal. In a few months time, I'll be a university student; same as you. It's not like I'm a little kid you're pouncing on; I'm 6 months younger than you. That's nothing amongst adults. There's nothing wrong with us being friends or being interested in one another just because of a few measly months.” L. Joe explained, trying to calm himself down as he spoke, hoping that his words might cajole Chunji into agreeing with him.

 

Chunji nodded, “I know. It just, felt really awkward to know that they knew that you were a high school student and that we were talking and that, you know? Even though there was nothing going on; I could just feel them jumping to conclusions about us, you know?” he sighed.

 

“So are we good?” L. Joe questioned, hopefully. Chunji nodded, but gave L. Joe an intrigued look, “But you were the one that got all angry about this, are you sure you're good?”

 

L. Joe felt himself flush slightly at the way Chunji was looking at him, patiently awaiting an answer. “Yeah well... I felt like you were treating me like a little kid; that you were just writing me off completely; dismissing me because I'm a high school student, when I'm not even one of those anymore! It was just really frustrating.” he sighed.

 

Chunji was kind of hoping that L. Joe was going to get up, now that they'd talked it all out, and L. Joe wasn't angry anymore. But as he shuffled about trying to get L. Joe to get up and let go of him, the younger boy just grinned, shaking his head. “No way, I've still got something I need to say to you!” L. Joe explained, cheekily.

 

“Then hurry up! This position isn't exactly comfortable, you know!” Chunji complained, head flopping back down against the mattress, as he impatiently waited for L. Joe to say whatever it was that he wanted to say to him.

 

“I want you to know, that despite what we were just saying, I'm still not gay. Never have been, never will be.” he began, Chunji recoiling internally at the words. Everything had been so intimate and friendly and warm between them today; with everything that had been said. He'd started deluding himself into thinking that L. Joe returned his feelings; that the sense of attraction was mutual. Then he has to go and ruin everything by coming out with a reminder like that, which brought his whole little fantasy crashing down to earth once more.

 

L. Joe noticed the way that Chunji started to curl in on himself, and realised how his words must've sounded all things considered. This was supposed to be a confession, not a rejection! Scrambling to figure out a way to regain Chunji's attention, he ground his hips into Chunji's own, dragging a barely suppressed moan from Chunji's lips, which L. Joe couldn't help but notice.

 

But the sudden, forward movement certainly shocked Chunji enough that the older boy's head bobbed up, gaze sharply meeting L. Joe's own again. He felt a little guilty for cheating like that, and yet he hadn't known what else he could do, to force Chunji to pay attention to what he had to say. “I don't see things like that. I don't see the world like that. I see every person; every relationship I have, as unique. I decide how I feel about an individual; so what they are, is irrelevant.”

 

Chunji nodded, clearly still trying to show that he was paying attention, while his gaze dropped, once more, unable to keep looking into L. Joe's eyes as he spoke. Whether it was because he thought he was still being rejected, or because he was embarrassed by what L. Joe was saying, he wasn't sure. Still, he wanted Chunji's eyes to be fixed, solely on him, so he ground into him again. Immediately Chunji's head shot up, a harsh glare fixed on his face, one that L. Joe chose to ignore.

 

“I'm trying to say something really sweet here, and you're really not helping me by looking away all the time.” L. Joe huffed.

 

“What you're doing is most definitely not sweet. If you want it to be sweet, then please get off!” Chunji barked, cheeks darkening, at the knowledge that he was revealing just how much of an effect L. Joe's movements were having on him. Not that the younger boy couldn't figure that out for himself of course!

 

L. Joe only smirked at the comment, this time grinding into him again, purely for the purpose of teasing the older boy; his face darkening even more at the smirk on L. Joe's face while he did it. His hands slid down from Chunji's arms, to clutch his backside firmly, trailing over everything on their way to their destination; teasing him. “Stop it L. Joe! You can't do that!” he shrieked, mortified both by what L. Joe was doing to him and the effect it was having on him.

 

“Yes I can. It's mine now.” L. Joe grinned, triumphantly, squeezing and rubbing Chunji's heated skin just to emphasise his point.

 

“What on earth would make you think that?” Chunji questioned, puzzled, the only remaining trace of his embarrassment over L. Joe's actions, being the light hue colouring his cheeks. He was too shocked by the claim that had just come from L. Joe's mouth.

 

“The moment you returned my feelings, this, became my property to do with as I wish.” L. Joe explained, gesturing up and down Chunji's body with a flick of his wrist, before retuning to it's previous location, just below Chunji's pyjama bottoms. “And right now, I wanna touch it.” he finished, evilly. He even gave another short squeeze to finish his argument, with a flourish.

 

“Did not.” Chunji sneered, realising that, since L. Joe had released his grip on both of his arms, he was now free to move them as he pleased, immediately dragging L. Joe's hands out from under his pyjamas. He hadn't really minded what they were doing, L. Joe not having tried his hand at exploring his body in any way, but it was the principle of the matter. They were in a disagreement about whether or not L. Joe could just touch him whenever and wherever he felt like it, and leaving those hands there to wander as they pleased, would not help.

 

“Oh? Then who does it belong to?” L. Joe queried, still far too self-assured about his claims of ownership, for Chunji to feel relieved even if L. Joe had, for the moment relented, and not tried to keep touching him.

 

“It belongs to me, and it will remain so until I give it to someone else.” Chunji responded.

 

“Who would that someone else be?” L. Joe questioned, not prepared to let Chunji's comment stand as it was.

 

“Well since I can't legally get married in this country, I suppose I'll be giving it to my boyfriend. When I get one.” Chunji answered carefully, trying to gauge whether the answer he was giving was going to make L. Joe happy or not.

 

“Exactly. So it's mine!” L. Joe crowed, delightedly.

 

“You're not my boyfriend.” Chunji countered, confused, how L. Joe could just up and decide that he was. Didn't Chunji get a say in the matter of who his boyfriend was, or if he even had one? Wasn't this supposed to be a two-party decision?

 

“Am too. I love you. You love me. We've admitted our feelings, so therefore we're now dating, making me, your boyfriend.” L. Joe said, happily.

 

“I have never admitted my feelings to you, and people don't start going out just because the feelings are there. One person has to ask the other person, and they have to accept.” Chunji explained, crossing his arms at how insufferably difficult L. Joe was being about this whole thing.

 

“You didn't deny that you loved me. Just another one of the ways that you've confessed your feelings to me, which I knew exist, because actions speak louder than words.” L. Joe taunted, before he eyed Chunji incredulously, “What are you? Like 5? You seriously need me to ask you out before we're going out? That's so immature!”

 

“If all you're going to do is pick on me, then go away!” Chunji exclaimed, sticking his tongue out at the other boy childishly. L. Joe quickly grabbed his tongue, holding the slick, squirming muscle between his fingers. “Chunji, for me to be your boyfriend. I would have to have feelings for you. I would have to forsake the opportunity to be with anyone else. I would have to care about you and treat you well. I've been doing that for months.” he explained, patiently, releasing Chunji's tongue when he got sick of the way the other boy was glaring at him.

 

“It doesn't matter if you've been acting like my boyfriend or not. Until you ask me out, we're not going out.” Chunji retorted childishly.

 

“I've been your boyfriend since practically the day I met you!” L. Joe countered, still trying to avoid having to ask Chunji out, despite the fact that he didn't really care about asking the question at all. He wanted to be Chunji's boyfriend, and that's all that really mattered, their argument was just semantics.

 

“Don't care. Until you ask me out, it's not official.” Chunji retorted, disinterested.

 

“Fine. Chunji, will you allow me to change our relationship, such that we can now officially be boyfriends?” L. Joe queried, with a sigh, unable to understand why Chunji was being so stubborn about the whole thing. He hated how formal it felt to actually have to ask Chunji to put a name to their relationship, when that relationship only existed in terms of their feelings for one another, which by definition were difficult to name.

 

“No.” Chunji countered, sticking his tongue out at L. Joe again. “Why not?” L. Joe questioned, confused.

 

“Because I didn't like the way you said it.” Chunji shrugged. “Besides, knowing that you're still a high school student makes me feel uncomfortable. Maybe after you graduate we can try this again.” Chunji suggested.

 

“I've already graduated.” L. Joe stated, with a shrug.

 

“And you didn't invite me? I thought I was your boyfriend?” Chunji cried, sulkily.

 

“It's not like we have some big ceremony or anything. You just stop showing up for school. Why do you think I was able to come to the university in plain clothes today?” L. Joe questioned.

 

“I didn't really think about it. I had other things on my mind.” Chunji confessed, feeling kind of stupid for not having paid more attention to L. Joe's clothing earlier on. He should have remembered that he only saw L. Joe look that good on weekends or at CAP's parties. He never wore clothes like that to school.

 

“So, now that you know you don't have to feel like a pedo for liking me, anymore, will you go out with me?” L. Joe tried again.

 

“No.” Chunji answered.

 

“Why now?” L. Joe demanded. He'd explained away Chunji's concern about his being a school student, and he'd changed his question to make it sound more romantic, so he couldn't see what Chunji's problem could possibly be.

 

“Because you ruined the moment. It's not romantic anymore. I could see it coming.” Chunji explained, with a shrug.

 

“Jeez, no wonder you've never had a boyfriend. If you're going to be this picky all the time, I might have to reconsider asking you again.” L. Joe exclaimed, shaking his head in false dismay.

 

“If that's how you're going to be. See if I say yes, next time either!” Chunji retorted, haughtily.

 

“You know I think I know how I can get you to agree to be my boyfriend.” L. Joe stated, an evil grin spreading across his lips. He leaned forward, pressing Chunji into the mattress, as the older boy started to wriggle about, trying to escape from L. Joe's reach. “... L. Joe... what are you doing... what.... no...no... L. Joe, you better not....” he squeaked, trying to scramble away, as he felt L. Joe's cool fingers hovering above the skin on the sides of his stomach.

 

He was seriously threatening to tickle him until he agreed to go out with him? And he called Chunji childish?

 

Still, Chunji tried to shuffle away, and when his attempts at flight failed, and he could feel L. Joe preparing to start torturing him, he timidly asked “If I say yes will you leave me alone?” feeling like a complete coward, and yet still not wishing to act like the mature adult he was if it meant that he'd get tickled instead.

 

“That depends.” L. Joe murmured breath ghosting over Chunji's lips, as he leaned in really close for his third attempt at asking Chunji out.

 

“On what?” Chunji mumbled, finding it very difficult to breathe being so close to L. Joe, with his hands hovering over his warm skin. The whole thing felt so intimate, especially now that their playful teasing was at an end, and they were whispering softly to one another.

 

“Be my boyfriend?” L. Joe whispered.

 

Chunji nodded his lips wobbling a little too much for him to be able to respond, verbally right that second. The whole scene was getting to him; going to his head.

 

“Good.” L. Joe chirped, pleased, shuffling back into his previous position. “So can I touch you now?”

 

“L. Joe!” Chunji yelled, face flushing horribly at how close they had been and how the younger boy had messed with him. Still, he couldn't help feeling that their relationship was going to be a lot of fun. Just like everything else in his life, since he'd first agreed to that favour.

 

The end.