Chapter 24

It All Started With a Favour....

A:N/ Sorry it's a short chapter today.

- -

The week following that party could only be described as torture for Chunji. Ricky had taken it upon himself to use his camera for the purpose of good, in order to spy on L. Joe and Da-eun. Usually dragging Changjo along for the ride.

 

He seriously wouldn't pay to swap lives with that kid, for the hassle Ricky puts him through.

 

They'd been sending him all the photos they took, making sure to capture every intimate moment, emailing them all to him. Every time they sent him something he only got more depressed. He'd see Da-eun's arm wrapped securely around L. Joe's own for the most part. But the he started to see how often she held his hand, making him only more depressed.

 

L. Joe said that he had nothing to be jealous of, but he sure as heck didn't feel that way whenever he saw what he was doing with her. He might've kissed him twice on the cheeks, but he didn't touch him when they were out in public together. They didn't hold hands. They didn't look and act like such a couple. He bet they didn't even look like they'd be as good a couple as he and Da-eun appeared to be.

 

That was one of the little things that made him the most unhappy about the whole thing.

 

But when they'd sent him photographic proof of them kissing, smack bang on the lips, he felt like his world was over. His eyes slid closed, and he had to remind himself to breathe. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Okay, he opened his eyes again, hoping he'd imagined the picture altogether, but sure enough there it was, staring him right in the face.

 

She was clutching his neck, drawing him in closer, his arms resting on her waist, their mouths attached to one another, with closed eyes.

 

He felt his throat constrict, completely dry. Tears started trailing down his cheeks, as he berated himself. He'd known for so long that L. Joe could probably charm someone into believing anything he wanted them to believe. He'd known that; he'd recognised it, and yet he'd allowed himself to fall for it all hook, line and sinker. He'd allowed himself to like him. He'd believed him when he said he had nothing to be jealous about.

 

He was so stupid.

 

He wanted to get mad, and go off at L. Joe, but he knew he couldn't trust himself around him. If they were ever left alone in the same room, L. Joe would probably manage to charm him all over again, which would only lead to more pain on Chunji's part.

 

He wasn't going to get involved in some sort of depraved roller-coaster of emotional manipulation. He wasn't.

 

He decided he wouldn't go looking for L. Joe. That was the only reason he'd seen L. Joe as of late anyway. He'd gone to that party, hoping to see him. Trying to seek him out. He'd just stop doing that. It's not like L. Joe contacted him these days anyway. He wouldn't even notice he was being ignored, which would probably help him in the long run.

 

After all, if L. Joe realised Chunji was avoiding him, he'd just turn on the charm, until he literally managed to turn Chunji into a pile of goo. Goo that would believe anything L. Joe told him, as long as he whispered it into his ear, under very private and possibly pseudo-ual circumstances.

 

But the moment Niel and CAP had found out about the pictures, he had no doubt that they had started hounding L. Joe, going off at him for betraying Chunji. That was just the sort of people that they were. Well, Niel more so than CAP. CAP would probably just say a few words, or else give him a single look, and L. Joe would be left feeling overcome with remorse for playing with his feelings like this.

 

At least, if L. Joe had a conscience, he would.

 

He supposed that he should've been expecting this. In a way he almost couldn't blame L. Joe for doing this to him. He'd stated, plain as day, more than once that he wasn't gay. So, it really shouldn't have surprised him that L. Joe had a girlfriend or that they kissed, all things considered. Still, even as he consoled himself with that thought, he knew L. Joe need not have gone through so much trouble to torture him by kissing him and saying all those nice, if very possessive things to him, if all he wanted was for Chunji not to have feelings for him.

 

Really, those actions seemed counter-productive if anything.

 

But the bit of it all that annoyed him the most, was the fact that he knew if L. Joe ever bothered to try texting him or calling him, even if it wasn't to apologise for this, he would have answered him.