Chapter 16

It All Started With a Favour....

A:N/ Sorry I'm so late in updating this....I was making my mum watch Teen Top 100% Rising Star.....Such a fun way to spend my Saturday night, ne? But here's some Chunjoe to make up for it! And thank you to everyone who left comments after my request for us to become better acquainted...I know I really bad at trying to make conversation, but that's only because I don't want you to think I'm ungrateful for your kindness and I don't really know what to say without sounding awkward and weird. Even though I haven't gotten to know you very well (yet?) you're all very important to me, and that's why I wanted to try and reach out to you guys more....Ah I'm so bad at this....anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

- -

He found that he was kind of nervous when CAP invited him round to his apartment the next weekend. He said the guys were planning on having a small get together, and he wanted to invite Chunji to join them.

 

They had wanted him to come. Of course he knew CAP must've gotten the final say on the matter, since it was his house. Niel probably wanted him to come round too, given how friendly they were. L. Joe probably wouldn't have said anything one way or the other, but maybe he'd agreed with them about inviting him. Did that mean Ricky and Changjo didn't get a say? Did they get overruled by the older boys? Did they not care, since they didn't really know one another that well yet? Or did they really want him to come too?

 

The thought that he might've owed his invite at least partially to Ricky bothered him for some reason. He knew it was unfair, and he would never convey his slight hostility towards the younger boy, but he was jealous about all the images he'd seen of him and L. Joe. He was jealous of Ricky. And with jealousy, there was always a certain amount of dislike that followed. He was sure he'd like the boy when he got to know him better, but that didn't mean that he had to like all of the photos the younger boy had taken with L. Joe.

 

Or the fact that he'd received a kiss from the other boy.

 

But when he showed up, the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. They'd been messing around, watching a movie. Well, there was a movie on. But everyone was talking so much that no one could really follow the movie. Chunji found he could barely follow the conversation.

 

There weren't many places, and so CAP had ushered him over to come sit on his lap. Chunji had laughed and slid onto the older man's knees, while he continued chatting with Niel. The younger boy had raised an eyebrow at the position, but he said nothing about it, continuing with the story he'd been in the middle of when Chunji sat down.

 

It wasn't Chunji's fault if CAP didn't have enough lounges for the number of people he'd decided to entertain for the evening. As it was, Changjo was sitting on the floor. But that was because Ricky decided he wanted a whole lounge to himself. Much to Changjo's chagrin, of course. If his complaints every few minutes about how cold it was down there were any indication.

 

All in all, they were having a pretty good time. Although L. Joe hadn't arrived yet. Changjo had told him that L. Joe would be by later, since L. Joe always took forever to come to these sorts of things. Apparently he'd have to wait for his mother to get home from work to be able to get a ride over. Chunji felt kind of guilty for leaving L. Joe there. If he'd known he could have gone over on his way round and picked the other boy up, but L. Joe apparently, preferred things this way, since he'd never bothered to ask Chunji for a ride.

 

But then again, today wasn't a Tuesday.

 

Niel had ordered a round of pizzas to be delivered to the apartment, while everyone else was mucking around, for which they were all pretty grateful. It was already 9:30, and they had yet to eat. Apparently everyone would be staying at CAP's place that evening, so they were going to the bathroom to shower and change into their pyjamas, one at a time.

 

Chunji hadn't realised about the fact the party was a sleepover, no one having bothered to inform him about it beforehand. He'd gone to go home and get some clothes, but Ricky had wrapped his arms round his waist telling him he wasn't allowed to leave, that it was one of the rules of their parties. Once you arrived, you stayed until the next day.

 

CAP had just handed him some clothes he could borrow. He just shrugged and went for his shower, changing into a pair of sweat pants and a grey hoodie when he was done. The hoodie was too big, and the sleeves hung well past his hands, so he pushed them up to his elbows, before leaving the bathroom.

 

He'd been the last one to shower, apart from CAP, who let all of his guests use his bathroom before he did, like a good host. Chunji flopped into the corner of the lounge, CAP vacated, and he and Niel continued chatting at one another from their opposite ends of the couch.

 

When L. Joe arrived, the first thing everyone noticed about him was the fact that he was carrying their pizza. They dived on him, removing his cargo from his outstretched arms, and padding into the kitchen. Niel had already laid out plates and cups for everyone across the bench top, but now they were filling their cups with drink, and dragging both pizza and plates out into the lounge room with them.

 

Chunji immediately noticed that the younger boy was already dressed in his pyjamas.

 

“How did you get our pizzas?” Changjo questioned lightly, to which L. Joe shrugged, waiting for the others to get out of the kitchen before he made his way over to the bench top, “Ran into the pizza dude on my way up.”

 

Which meant that the pizza delivery guy had seen L. Joe in his pyjamas. Chunji felt a spark of jealousy at the knowledge, but he forced himself to take a deep sip from his cup, to mask his reaction.

 

Niel handed him the money, CAP had given him to pay for the pizzas which L. Joe hastily shoved into his pocket, eyes firmly fixed on Chunji, though he said nothing to him. Chunji was convinced he might have started flushing under his assessing gaze, ducking away from the younger boy as he moved around him in the kitchen as he got himself some pizza.

 

L. Joe the fabric of Chunji's hoodie thoughtfully, “This is CAP's hoodie, isn't it?” he questioned. Chunji gulped as he nodded, still not looking L. Joe in the eye. For some reason he felt like he'd done something wrong and he'd been caught in the act. He could hear it in L. Joe's tone that the other boy wasn't happy with him.

 

“I don't like you wearing his clothes.” he stated, brusquely. Chunji froze at the comment, now certain that his cheeks were flaming, while he heard Ricky snort from his nearby position on the lounge. “He was sitting in his lap, earlier.” Ricky commented, gaze never drifting away from the screen.

 

Chunji felt the way L. Joe's fingers clenched in response to the comment, and the worry he'd felt welling within him, doubled. What right did L. Joe have to get so worked up about something like this? Why was it any of his business what Chunji did? He and CAP were just friends. Besides, L. Joe kissed Ricky, surely that was far worse than anything he was doing with CAP!

 

Still his heart hammered in fear as he slunk back into the lounge room, settling onto the couch with Niel again, like he was before L. Joe's arrival. Niel took one look at L. Joe, before sending a playful eye roll in Chunji's direction, mouth full of pizza.

 

Chunji didn't have the heart to look back and see what Niel was commenting on, with that gesture.

 

But he was sure it had to do with L. Joe.

 

- -

 

L. Joe had waited until later on that evening before he brought anything up with Chunji. CAP and Niel were in his bedroom, sharing the bed for the night. Ricky and Changjo had passed out in the lounge room, with the TV still blaring.

 

They were the only two people still conscious. Chunji had just been waiting for L. Joe to do or say something all evening. The looks he'd been sending him, striking him with such guilt and fear that he was unable to fall asleep. L. Joe's desire to speak with him privately, keeping him awake.

 

Still, L. Joe dragged Chunji into the bathroom in search of some privacy for their conversation.

 

He turned displeased eyes in Chunji's direction, tracing his form up and down several times, saying nothing. After the number of times he'd already done that in the last few hours, Chunji had been hoping that he'd had enough of looking at him. It felt weird to be stared at so intently.

 

“Take it off.” L. Joe stated, voice hushed but firm.

 

Chunji was mortified at the demand, disinclined to agree with his request on the face of it. But his discomfort with the request was only compounded by the thought of the way L. Joe had been staring at him all evening. It was even worse now, that he had nothing else he could look at, in order to ignore the look he was receiving. “No!” he exclaimed, hands latching onto his elbows, as though he feared that L. Joe was able to strip it from his body despite the distance between them.

 

“ I mean it. I don't want you wearing that.” L. Joe stated, taking a step closer to try tugging at the zipper, while Chunji struggled to push his hands away. He wondered if he should be feeling more uncomfortable about this whole situation than he actually was. Here he was in an isolated place, with an angry boy who was forcibly trying to remove his clothes. But he wasn't scared of L. Joe. Embarrassed, but not scared.

 

“Would you prefer me to be ?” Chunji barked, displeased, as he moved backwards trying to avoid L. Joe's prying hands. L. Joe started at the comment, staring at Chunji blankly for a moment, making Chunji cross his arms in exasperation. “What? You seriously didn't realise that I'd be left if you stole my clothes?”

 

“They're not your clothes, they're CAP's clothes, and as I told you earlier I don't want you wearing them.” L. Joe stated plainly, crossing his arms with a sense of finality, almost as though he actually expected Chunji to strip for him after he said that. He still hadn't explained himself! Where did L. Joe get off playing with him like this?

 

“Well I don't want to be .” Chunji stated, incredulous that L. Joe would even think that he would answer otherwise, let alone expect it.

 

L. Joe rolled his eyes at Chunji's comment. “You won't be. You can wear my clothes, and I'll wear CAP's clothes.” he informed the other with a pleased nod.

 

“Why bother going through all that effort. I'm perfectly happy staying in my own clothes, thank you very much.” Chunji told the other boy, not wanting L. Joe to realise just how much he kind of wanted to take L. Joe up on his offer. It would look stranger were he to back down so easily, he decided. Now that he was aware of his feelings for L. Joe, it seemed like every action and word had to be screened to make sure he wasn't going to give himself away.

 

He already knew his feelings for L. Joe were a lost cause; he had Ricky. He didn't need to be rejected to have that confirmed for him. He wasn't stupid.

 

“If they were your own clothes then you wouldn't need to change. But they're CAP's clothes, so take them off.” L. Joe stated again, voice developing a soft little growl to it as he repeated himself again, but he still didn't get to the point of actually raising his voice at Chunji, despite how stubborn he was being at this point.

 

“So? It's not like I stole them. CAP said I could wear them.” Chunji countered. He didn't understand why L. Joe was being such a pain about this. He had his own boyfriend to fuss over. Chunji was his own person, not only that he was also older than L. Joe, he could do as he pleased.

 

“And I said that you couldn't.” L. Joe retorted easily.

 

“So? You can't even give me a good reason why I should listen to you. I don't see any reason why I should do what you want me to do, rather than what I want.” Chunji informed the other with a shrug, ducking and diving around when the other boy attempted to rid him of the hoodie again. He successfully undid the zipper, making Chunji's face flood with colour, before he angrily shoved the younger boy away from him.

 

“Because I don't want you to.” L. Joe informed him with a half-shrug. “Why not?” Chunji pressed, not satisfied with L. Joe's evasive answers. He kept talking without actually saying anything of substance; without using arguments of any real weight.

 

“Wearing someone else's clothes is significant. Material that has touched their skin is touching yours. Their smell rubs off on your skin. It's too intimate; it implies too much. It's like a statement of ownership. Like you've willingly given yourself to CAP.” L. Joe informed the other boy, making Chunji feel even more self conscious than he had the rest of that evening. That's what L. Joe saw when he saw him wearing CAP's clothes. L. Joe's dark eyes were staring straight into his own, as he murmured softly, “I don't like that.” his words almost like a physical strike to Chunji's body.

 

Still he managed to shoot back, “And you'd prefer me to be yours?” ashamed to find himself waiting on baited breath, to hear L. Joe's response. He hated that he was so desperate and hopeful to gain L. Joe's acceptance, when just days ago, he'd been wracked with so much pain because of him.

 

L. Joe probably didn't have to answer him for them both to know his answer. His words and actions had said more than enough on the matter. Chunji felt the implicit agreement with his words, making him feel warm from the inside out. He kind of wanted to smile. Still he managed to force a soft scoff from between his pursed lips.

 

Just when he was at his happiest, that image of L. Joe kissing Ricky would flutter into his mind, robbing him of his joy.

 

He took off the hoodie, trying to ignore the fact that L. Joe was standing in front of him, looking at him as he undressed. He wanted to give off a vibe that he was too cool to care about what was going on around him. He started to remove his track pants, raising his eyebrow at L. Joe's lack of movement.

 

The look pushed L. Joe to move and he too began to undress so that they could exchange clothes. Neither boy allowed their eyes to wander from their task, even as they distractedly pushed their clothes over to the other boy in order to exchange them.

 

Chunji shoved each of his feet through the pants, angrily. He knew every additional second he spent in this bathroom with L. Joe, he was only going to get closer to forgiving him, and forgetting his anger towards him. Even now, L. Joe was acting like this, still never having the decency to tell him about his relationship with Ricky.

 

His boyfriend was in the next room, just how low can you get!

 

Roughly he jammed his arms through the sleeves of the hoodie, eyeing the other boy, displeased.
“There. Are you satisfied now?” Wincing when he heard his own voice. He hadn't meant to let L. Joe know he was so unhappy right now.

 

The other boy was staring at him with those deep, dark eyes of his. He was looking for something no one else would be able to identify. He read so much from the slightest twitches of muscles in his face. It was unfair for L. Joe to pay him so much attention. At moments like this, he felt like he was the centre of L. Joe's world. He could almost convince himself that the boy in the next room didn't exist.

 

That's probably the part that annoyed him the most.

 

L. Joe's eyes flickered, in surprise, as he stepped closer, as though he expected Chunji to try storming out of the room. “You're angry with me.” he murmured. Chunji couldn't tell if he was hurt or amused by the idea. He would have preferred it if L. Joe didn't know. He was too captivating; he'd be dragged back asunder if he wasn't careful.

 

He had a feeling L. Joe could explain anything away if he wanted to.

 

“Is it because I got jealous of how close you were acting with CAP?” he enquired, eyes gently probing him, milking him for answers. Maybe L. Joe was a con artist in a previous life. Chunji found himself shaking his head, but he couldn't breath properly, so he was unable to vocalise a response.

 

L. Joe stepped closer still, fingers dipping down to do up the zipper on Chunji's hoodie. Before his eyes trailed back up to Chunji's face, appearing intrigued. “Then what have I done to annoy you?” he whispered. Hands moving to grasp Chunji's own, rubbing lightly at the inside of his wrists, willing him to answer.

 

Chunji blinked a few times, finding thought proved more complicated like this. He'd never had anyone touch him like that and he had a feeling that although all these actions had been innocent, L. Joe was actually playing some sort of mind game with him. Trying to draw answers from him, through hypnosis or something.

 

“I... saw Ricky's photos on Facebook... you're in a lot of them... you all are...” Chunji answered him uncertainly. He wasn't sure how to back into what was concerning him. In a way he would have preferred to keep it to himself. But he had L. Joe right here, standing before him, prepared to give him the simple, seductive answers he so longed to believe. And right now, he wanted to believe again, he didn't want whatever he was feeling to have to be pushed aside.

 

“We're helping him. He's involved in a Facebook competition. He needs photos of himself. But there are rules about it, so he needs to have photos with the rest of us in them. He really wants to win.” L. Joe explained. His voice was calm and even and his answers washed over Chunji, one by one. He closed his eyes, hoping that L. Joe's words could expunge all of his fearful, painful thoughts from the past few days.

 

“You didn't have to kiss him.” he whispered, lips quivering slightly as the words passed unwillingly from between his lips. His eyes slid open to gauge L. Joe's reaction to what he'd said. He didn't want to look, and yet he so desperately wanted to know how L. Joe would react. L. Joe's face was blank, but Chunji was convinced he could see L. Joe's mind considering his statement, through his eyes.

 

Then, in a flash, his features had changed. There was a definite, cocky smirk adorning his mouth. It always annoyed Chunji when he saw that smirk. Usually L. Joe would when he gave him that look, and he didn't really feel like being teased right now.

 

“Aww. Was my Chunji jealous of Ricky?” he questioned, not really needing to hear an answer to know the truth. Chunji tried to push past him, but L. Joe still had a hold of his wrists, and used that light grip to tug him back towards him. Before Chunji could complain though, L. Joe said “You asked me a question before. I'm not satisfied with how you look, yet.”

 

Chunji almost felt a little scared at that comment, wondering how many ways that comment could have been intended. But all L. Joe did was pull the hood up, to cover his face. He grinned pleased at the look, and Chunji rolled his eyes at L. Joe's weirdness.

 

But then the younger boy dived forwards, gently brushing his lips against Chunji's right cheek, like he'd done to Ricky. He grinned down at him, “There. Now you don't need to be jealous of Ricky. You got your own kiss.” he told him with a cheeky wink. Chunji moved to shove him away in his outrage and embarrassment, but before he could L. Joe gave him the most adoring look he'd ever seen as he mumbled so softly that Chunji could barely hear him, “I'm just friends with Ricky. You don't need to be jealous at all.”

 

If L. Joe was the younger one of the two of them, then why was he able to make Chunji feel like this? How was he able to dominate Chunji so easily. It's like he just instinctively wanted L. Joe to have control over him. He was shorter, more delicate and younger. Yet he could silence him with a look; a touch. He initiated and terminated everything between them. Despite his focus on age, L. Joe for all his youth was the one in control, while Chunji despite his older age, felt like the immature blushing whenever L. Joe was around like this.

 

But all he could think about as what L. Joe had said. He wasn't with Ricky. That must've been the reason why he was so happy. He wouldn't dare even consider the fact that L. Joe had just kissed him, or else he might start squealing.