mixed feelings

The You I Know

 

EunHee shook her head several times and pinched her cheeks. She just can’t believe herself. She was having this odd feeling about Hoya being Mr.Teddy which is obviously ridiculous. ‘I mean, how he could even be one. He won’t be working in that costume. If he did, I would have died in school. Everyone would have known my true self,’ she muttered to herself and bit her nail.

 

But of course, nothing happen; so it made her extremely worried.

 

“Aniya.Aniya,” she shook off the feelings and smiled to herself. “Howon is Hoya and he’s not Mr.Tedyy. That’s the end,” she exclaimed and touched her chest as her heart kept racing. “I’m just thinking too much,” she mumbled.

 

“EunHee ah?”

“Huh?”

“You’re staring too much,” Hoya grinned and EunHee blushed as she just realized what she was doing. Quickly, she turned away and sniffed, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. Hoya chuckled and rubbed the tip of his nose. “What happen?” he asked, not looking at her as he did.

“They cut my hair,” she sniffed and run her fingers to her now shoulder length hair. “Because,” she paused. “Woohyun loves it,” she muttered.

Hoya stiffened. “That bastard,” he muffled.

EunHee let out a sigh. “and they hate me,” she added. “because they can see right through me. Just like you did.”

“I didn’t say hate,” Hoya cut her off. “Hate, is a strong word.”

“But you did say you don’t like me,” she added.

“So now, you’re trying to pick a fight?” he looked at her.

She looked away. “Because I know you were right and I was wrong,” she said and cupped her face. “I hate myself.”

“Hate is a strong word,” Hoya repeated and she chuckled.

“and that would make me feel better?”

“If you preferred crying, I have my muscular arms for you to lean on,” he patted his biceps.

“Very tempting,” she joked and both of them burst into laughter. “Thanks,” she said and stretched herself. “It makes me feel better.”

“You’re welcome,” Hoya bit and smiled at her.

EunHee smiled back but just to be sure, she sat closer to him and held out her head. Hoya frowned. “What?” he asked and she patted her head, motioning him to the same. Hoya let out a laugh and placed his hand on her head. She smiled.

“Weird girl,” Hoya muttered with a grin.

 

Blush.

 

“Ah! What is wrong with me? I shouldn’t have done that! Oh my god, how am I going to face him tomorrow? Even if he’s like Mr.Teddy, I couldn’t! I shouldn’t! Ah!” she scratched her head and rolled on her bed when suddenly, she fell flat on the floor. “Ouch.”

 

“Crazy kid,” Myungsoo said and he swung her bedroom door open.

 

She looked up and saw Myungsoo. She smiled and held out her hand. “Myungsoo!”

 

He folded his arms. “What? You forget about the whole not-talking-to-me?” he ceased his eyebrows.

 

“Oh.” She paused. “About that.”

 

“New hair cut?”

 

She hesitantly nodded.

 

“Stop lying. I knew everything,” he said and sat beside her. “So, what happen?” he asked and looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry Myungsoo ah,” she said.

 

Myungsoo shrugged. “I’m not here for a sorry EunHee. But you did hurt my feelings,” he stated. “You were in a rough time and you didn’t even want to talk to me about it. I can’t even reach you.”

 

She looked down to the floor, feeling a whole lot guilty than ever. “I don’t want to trouble you with my problems. I’ve troubled you enough.”

 

“Are you even considering my feelings?” Myungsoo exclaimed and she looked at him.

 

“I did and that’s why I didn’t want to tell you!”

 

“And don’t you think I got frustrated not knowing anything? You don’t even give me a chance to help you.”

 

“I said I’m fine.”

 

“I’m your friend EunHee.” He paused as she stiffened. “That is if you even considered me as one,” he folded his arms and rested against the bed. Sulking and waiting for her to respond.

 

“They hate me,” she started.

 

“And?”

 

“And Hyejin likes Woohyun. She got over you I guess and so when Woohyun said he likes my hair, she cuts it,” she explained and leaned beside him. “That’s just stupid.”

 

“Did you tell her that?”

 

She laughed. “I was too startled. I couldn’t even think. I panicked,” she said while gesturing her hands.

 

Myungsoo laughed.

 

“and I wished someone would save me,” she paused. “In the end, Woohyun came.” Myungsoo kept silent and waited for her to continue. “I wonder why he’s here. I wish he could leave me alone.”

 

‘I wish the same too,’ Myungsoo said.

 

“Oh. I was eager to ask you about Minyoung. How did it go?” EunHee asked and turned her attention to Myungsoo.

 

He shrugged. “Nothing much,” he replied. EunHee knew all of it. His secrets about Minyoung and why did he left her. But the only think EunHee didn’t know is that he’s confused with his feelings. “Are you okay?” he asked, wanted to change the topic.

 

“I’m fine, Myungsoo. Stop talking about me already,” she said and hit his arms lightly but Myungsoo caught a grip of her wrist and that startled EunHee. “What?” she asked him as he started to stare at her suspiciously. “Myungsoo?” as he was getting closer, she backed away.  Before anything could happen, the door swung open, banging the wall as it hit it, revealing the angry cousin.

 

“What the hell you’re doing?” Sunggyu asked while folding his arms.

 

Myungsoo sighed and looked at Sunggyu, still holding EunHee’s wrist. “Can’t you tell?” he answered bluntly.

 

“Yah!” EunHee cursed and she hit him in the stomach, Myungsoo cough and let her go.

 

“What the heck EunHee?” he said and rubbed his tummy. “That hurt!”

 

“Y-you!” she lost of words.

 

Sunggyu’s eyebrow twitched. “Now tell me. Who’s the real boyfriend here? Him or this guy?” he asked as he pointed to the person who just appeared beside him.

 

Blush.

 

Sunggyu saw EunHee’s expression so he raised one of his eyebrows, getting the answer he wants. Myungsoo caught that too. “Make yourself at home,” he turned away, patting Hoya’s shoulder.

 

But Hoya just stood there awkwardly, looking away from EunHee who’s currently blushing madly. Myungsoo frowned and looked at both of them. “What? Cat got your tongue?” he joked and stood up. “You should be thanking Hoya. I saw him and he told me everything,” Myungsoo explained. “I had to make him talk and did you know how hard that is?” he sighed and looked at Hoya. “Did I take that long up here?” he asked Hoya and he shrugged. “I’ll be going now. See you at school,” Myungsoo said and made his way downstairs. Hoya was about to do the same but he stopped to look at EunHee.

 

“Are you having a fever?” he asked and bended down to see her clearly.

 

Blush.

 

EunHee looked away. “I’m f-fine,” she stuttered and avoided his eyes.

 

But Hoya rested his hands on her forehead, checking her temperature and nodded as he confirmed she’s fine.  “Get some rest. I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” he said.

 

“O-Okay,” she said, still looking away from him.

 

Hoya bit his lips. He had the sudden urge and his hands moved without him realizing. He reached out and folded her hair behind her ears. “I like the new hair cut,” he grinned and stood up, making his way down.

 

EunHee just sat there. Dumbfounded at what just happened.

 

Blush.

 

“Kill me now,” she said and lay on the floor.

 

“Thanks hyung,” Myungsoo said to Sunggyu before making his way out of the house with Hoya. It was hard to get in at first because EunHee said to Sunggyu before about not letting anyone see her. But Myungsoo convinced Sunggyu and he got his chance.

 

“Do you guys know each other?” Sunggyu asked, mentioning Hoya and Myungsoo nodded.

 

“Is EunHee okay? Well, when she returned home?”

 

Sunggyu shrugged. “She seemed disturbed and she spaced out a lot,” he answered. “I took her to the saloon and she didn’t talk much. Didn’t even tell me what happen. About that, did something happen?” he asked in concern.

 

“Some girls were asking for trouble,” he answered.

 

“What?”

 

“But I think things are safe, for now,” Myungsoo quickly answered, not wanting him to worry. “We’ll take care of her if anything happens.”

 

“What have you been doing all this time?” Sunggyu said coldly.

 

“I’m sorry,” Myungsoo said.

 

He shrugged. “But she’s fine. At least, her mind is pretty occupied with something else,” he said and stared at Hoya suspiciously.

 

Hoya looked at him back, didn’t get what he was trying to say. Sunggyu smiled. “Well, good night then. Off you go.”

 

Myungsoo and Hoya bowed before making their way back home. Things were not as worst that Myungsoo imagine. EunHee is talking again and she smiles a lot more although something bad happened to her. They were glad. For now, things are under control.

 

The sun shone the green land and flowers shivered slightly as the wind breeze through them. A bright day but EunHee was too disturbed to even notice it. Her mind is well, pretty occupied.

 

Sometimes, it’s good to have a kind of distraction from what’s happening around you because in that way, the burdensome thoughts would sweep away and EunHee accidentally forgotten about the girls hating her. She was too immersed in her thoughts of Hoya.

 

She shook her head. Something’s wrong with her. It all started when she had the feeling of Hoya being Mr.teddy. ‘Okay, that is just impossible, snap out of it!’ she told herself and went in her class but Woohyun stood in front of her. She looked at him with a blank expression, wondering what is he doing inside her class.  She examined her surroundings and something is off.

 

Everyone was staring at them and the whole class went silent. EunHee blinked.

 

“We need to talk,” Woohyun started and EunHee looked away.

 

“What makes you think we have anything to talk about,” She said, making her way towards her seat. But Woohyun caught a grip of her wrist and sprung her to face him.

 

“I said we need to talk,” he said sternly.

 

“Geez, I hear you,” she said and tried to free her hand but Woohyun wouldn’t let her.

 

“I’m sorry,” he said.

 

“Are you seriously going to do this now? In here?” EunHee asked while her eyes wondered to her curious face of her classmates.

 

“You wouldn’t listen if I didn’t,” Woohyun said.

 

“I hate you,” she blurted out and sighed, making her way out of the class. Woohyun followed her and they reached the rooftop .

 

“I’m sorry that she cut your hair-“ Woohyun started.

 

“Enough Woohyun, this whole thing doesn’t make sense.”

 

 “Why can’t you see that I care for you?” his eyes flashed with anger.

 

“Here’s the thing Woohyun, you should have done that years ago,” she said and that made him shut up. “You should have told me what is it that you want from me. You should have told me that you weren’t interested in me in the first place rather than making me feel like an idiot liking someone like you, thinking that you actually like me back,”

 

“I was stupid.”

 

“and so you were.”

 

“But let me make it up to it.”

 

“It’s too late Woohyun.”

 

“Things are never too late.”

 

“We’re history,” she spat out and she knew by that, Woohyun’s ego was at peak. “There is no you and me anymore. There’s only you. Like it was back then. Just to keep your friends happy, you threw me away. You ask for it Woohyun,” she fumed in anger but she contained herself and looked away. “You should go,” she said.

 

Woohyun bit his lips and looked away. Without saying anything, he turned and walked away. Seeing him gone, EunHee looked down to her feet. She took a deep breath and told herself everything is going to be all right. At least, she wished it would be.

 

Their laughter beamed the hallway. Thinking that their plan was a success and feeling good about it, they stormed the hallway with happy faces. Hyejin went to her locker and swung it opened, but Hoya was fast enough to bang it closed and he leaned to the next locker and smiled to Hyejin.

 

“So, it was you?” he asked.

 

Hyejin smiled back. “Ah, Hoya sunbae. What a coincidence, I was just thinking about you,” she said.

 

“Save it,” Hoya said.

 

Hyejin looked away annoyed. “Another guy falls head over heels for her,” she whispered but too loud for Hoya to hear.

 

“If you didn’t do anything, I won’t be here, wasting my time talking to you,” Hoya bit.

 

“But you did came and waste your time,” She teased and swung her locker open, but Hoya closed it again.

 

“Do you have any plans on stopping all of this nonsense?” he asked sternly.

 

Hyejin sighed and turned to face him. But right behind him, she saw EunHee walking towards their direction, she smirked. “Tell you what,” she said and hugged him.

 

“What the hell-“

 

“Things are getting pretty interesting and I have no plan on stopping,” she whispered to him. “Especially after your precious EunHee is staring at us right now,” she giggled.

 

Hoya quickly pushed her away from him and turned to see the dumbfounded EunHee, staring at him. “I can,” he started but before he could finish his words, EunHee walked away. “Explain,” he whispered and let out a heavy sigh. He glared at Hyejin and she shrugged.

 

“Like I said, it’s getting interesting,” she chuckled.

 

“I’ll kill you later,” Hoya bit.

 

“I’ll be waiting,” she said and back to her locker while Hoya rushed towards where EunHee went.

 

As he was gone, Hyejin bit her lips. “Damn you EunHee.” 

 


 

Author's note: I'm so sorry for the late update. Hope you guys are still here to read  =)