The Beginning

The You I Know

 

“Myungsoo!” EunHee screamed and ran to her room where Myungsoo sat there lazily on the floor, leaning against her bed. He glanced at her and raised his eyebrow. “What?”

 

EunHee was in panic. Everytime she saw those crawling feet she would shiver and run away, not wanting it to come near her. “There’s a cockroach in the kitchen!” she yelped and started to jumped in fright as she mistook her hair by something else when she saw it by the corner of her eye.

 

Myungsoo sighed and stood up. “You could kill it by yourself, you know.” He muttered and went downstairs with Eunhee following him close. “Where is it?” he asked as they reached the kitchen.

 

EunHee searched it with sharp eyes. She inspected every corner and at the edge of the back door, she saw it crawling and quickly she pointed it to Myungsoo, yelling it’s there. Myungsoo lazily grab the broom. He swung the door open and shoved the cockroach away and it hastily crawl towards the bushes. “There you go. All done.” He said and locked the door behind him.

 

EunHee sighed in relieve. “What can I do without you..” she said and followed Myungsoo back to her room.

 

“If the whole school knows the cool EunHee is afraid of cockroaches, I bet you’ll be a laughing stock,” he said as he climbed the stairs.

 

EunHee looked down to her feet. “You know I hate when we talked about this,” she muttered.

 

He glimpse backwards. “Ah, you’re sulking again.”

 

She pumped up her cheeks, “Of course I am. You promised me not to mention about it again,” she said and stared to hit his arms.

 

“I wish you wouldn’t take Woohyun’s words to heart though,” he said and walked away, leaving her by the stairs to think.

 

‘Yeah, if only i could,’ she thought. Nam Woohyun. The only person she regret loving. It was because of him she had to be this way, because of him, she lose her confidence in being herself in front of everyone. After she broke up with woohyun and hearing those words coming from his mouth, hurt her more than she imagine it would be.

 

“I hate girls like you. You’re so clingy that it annoys me. Try to be mature and pretty once.”

 

Since then, she can’t seem to be herself. She pretended to be all mature and pretty because girls like her would annoy people. She knew that and she hated Woohyun for saying it out loud.


“Hyung, the girls are here again,” Sungjong came in the kitchen as he placed the used plate in the sink. “Do you want me to take their order instead?”

 

Hoya sighed. “Never mind, I’ll go.” He said and reached the menus. Sungjong smiled and washed the dishes. Hoya is a very good guy. He may look like a rich-spoiled brat but he’s actually not and Sungjong knew the reason why Hoya still take the orders from the bunch of girls although they annoyed him.  Its because he knew that’s the only way to keep the customers coming in. He knew if he didn’t show up, the girls won’t be coming again. ‘He’s a very easy hyung,’ Sungjong chuckled and dried his hands with his apron.

 

“What can I get you?” Hoya asked as he reached the table. The girls started to giggle and one of them said ‘you’ and all of them laughed. However, Hoya kept himself calm; he replied them with a smile.

 

“Hot chocolate for me.”

 

“Strawberry sundae.”

 

“and Cappuccino”

 

Hoya scribbled the order, grabbed hold of the menu and gave them his k-9 smile before walking off. As he walked towards the kitchen, he could hear them laughing and giggling. He sighed. “This is tiring.”

 

Sungjong chuckled. “Don’t worry hyung. You’ll get use to it,” he paused. “Like I did. Smile~” he said and Hoya stared at him blankly. “Okay fine. I’ll be going now.” And off Sungjong went to take the orders from other customer.

 

The clock is ticking and Hoya couldn’t wait to finish his shift. He was supposed to make a run to the dancing practice today but he extended his shift because he needed extra money. If he didn’t, he will be having a hard time paying his tuition fees and also the rent for the dancing room. He scratched his head roughly and sighed. He was about to walk out when he heard noises.

 

“So you’re not a girl?” the tall guy with earrings spoke loudly, wrapping his arms around Sungjong.

 

Although Sungjong is very uncomfortable with the situation but he kept calm. “What can I get you?”

 

The tall guy whistled and his other friends gang up on Sungjong. “You know kid. You should be playing around with us, not getting mad. You should learn some manners.”

 

Sungjong blew his hair from his forehead. “and you should learn how to differentiate between a guy and a girl.” He said and the tall guy could hear his friends laughing at him.

 

“Why you!” before the tall guy could punch Sungjong, Hoya grabbed his arm.

 

“Have you placed your order sir?” he said with a smile.

 

He scoffed. “and who might this be? Your boyfriend?” all of them laugh and Hoya tried his best not to burst his anger.

 

“Leave him alone and order something.” Hoya said with clenched teeth.

 

“Ah..so you are his boyfriend. I mean. Her.” They laughed again. Well, things like this happen once or twice but only the part where people thought Sungjong was a girl but the part where they go out and asking for a fight never happen.

 

“You’re disturbing the other customers,” Hoya said politely but all of them laughed again by another joke they made.

 

“So what?”

 

“I might lose my temper. Order something or get lost.”

 

“I’m getting scared,” he teased and all of them laughed.

 

“that’s it.”

 

And everyone could guess what happens next. The tall guy got kicked out from the café, Sungjong had to clean up all the mess and Hoya got fired from his job.

 

“Mianhe hyung,” Sungjong came and sat beside Hoya.

 

Hoya smiled. “Nahh..you don’t have too. Those jerks were asking for a fight.”

 

“But you got fired-“

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll think of something.” He gave him an assuring smile.

 

Sungjong stared at his feet. Guilty rushed all over him. If wasn’t for him, Hoya would still have his job. If only he could recommend other jobs to his hyung. “That’s it! Hyung! I’ll find another job for you!”

 

Hoya stared at him with a frown. Why did he have a bad feeling about this? 


Author's note: Hi everyone. How do you like the first chapter so far? Hope you enjoy it =) I've been having the idea for this fic for a long time but i just kept wondering whether i should post it or not. and..i post it. so yeah.. hehehe. feel free to subscribe and leave some comments. Tq for reading~