Recognition Team

Old memories, new moments

 

Early in the morning Ho was with her hands behind her back wandering around the medical center seeing if she was needed, Ho is the kind of girl with innocent and fragile face like a doll, she was really friendly so usually the patients liked her a lot. Short after she sees Soo coming on her direction.

-Morning Soo how was… - She was saying until Soo pulled her to am empty room close by. – What the hell?

- She’s back… - Soo answered kind of mad.

- Who?

- I can’t believe – She places her hands on her hair pulling it. – Now that I was so close to him. Her hair smelled like his shampoo. Argh!

- Soo! – Ho grabs her hands looking at her – Take a deep breath and explain.

- Ok… - she lows her arms and takes a deep breath. -  Chibi is back.

- She’s what?

- Yap, she’s at Taec house, that’s why he called me she got hurt and he wanted me to take care of her.

Ho was at shock it was impossible to survive alone out there wasn’t it? That was the main topic between those two the rest of the day, it was something weird but good at the same time and now Ho understand why Taec sent a text telling them to be at his house for a friends dinner.

Later that night Taec and Chibi were cooking and the sound of the door bell scared here Taec looked at her smiling reassuring that everything was going to be fine, Jay Park and GD where the first to getting there, they were playing around messing with each other teasing each other.

-Jay why did you stop? – GD asked trying to get in the living room pushing Jay in soon he saw why he was white. – You look like you saw… Chibi? – He gets confuse.

- Hello GD and Jay it’s nice to see you two again. – She bows to them like she was apologizing.

- Oh my god! – They walk to her – It’s really you – They hug her tightly.

- Aish! – She complains smiling.

- You’re hurt? Sorry. – Jay says – What happened?

- We tried to look for you but you were too fast. – GD plays, the sound of the doorbell his heard again, the three of them sit on the couch talking while Taec opens the door.

One after another they got there, getting surprise while having dinner they all were curious about here asking. How did you survive? What happen? Those were the easy kind of question but then it came from Soo mouth.

-Are you going to stay for good?

- I-I… I don’t know – She looks at everyone on that table they looked disappointed. – Can I stay?  I mean I don’t have work or money…

- Don’t worry about that – Lexi talked – You’ll figure out something. – She smiles, Lexi always was strong and protective with a positive attitude if you don’t annoy her.

- You survived alone for two years, why don’t you join the military with us? – Joon asked – We need help to train the new ones.

- Maybe… - She says looking across the room to Taec.

- We’ll figure something until then you have to recover – Tae smile eating.

Chibi

At the end of the dinner they insisted on a walk around the city, it was a summer night with a soft breeze, it has been so long since I was with them like this. Talking, playing, hearing their history after these years, maybe the idea of staying is a good choice above that I’m tired of being alone of the constant fight of the constant fear I missed a good night sleep and the laughs of these kids.

After a few weeks of resting and treatment my wound was all healed and just the scar was there, war wounds nothing much like Jay said it’s y, that boy it’s the same clown acting like a player, I still live with Taec, he had a room with a desk to work at home that he empty it to me to sleep but now I’m working at Min restaurant helping with what I can and learning new things but still I mess around a little, breaking glasses and plates I think Min is going to kill me.

-Min – I get close to her looking down with a broken plate on my hands. – I’m sorry… - She looks at me not knowing what to do. – I’m really trying.

- You broke another one? You are going to ruin me – Je says with a laugh, we were closing the restaurant.

- You always were clumsy – We heard coming from the door it was Jaejoong appearing like an angel. – But not wend it comes to guns - he comes in and sits on a table.

- Do you want something? – Min asks.

- The same – He smirks and Min got all red.

- Chibi I’ll get everything done for now, go home and rest. – She smiles at me obviously I was the third wheel, I left walking on another warm night.

Lexi

I’ve been working for hours, we all have its so tiring don’t know how Siwon can’t stand so many hours here, don’t remember wend was the last time I had a good night sleep. Does Siwon sleep? He’s sitting on the other edge of a big table surrounded with papers I’m staring at him like a crazy person, my right elbow on top of the table and my right hand supporting my head.

-Is there something in my face? – He asks still looking at the papers.

- No – I sit properly on my chair – I’m just tired.

- So go home and sleep.

- Ok – I get up surprising him with my decision – What? You said I could go. – I smiled and left.

We work at the same building where Taec has his office but we are a few flours down, we take care of the business with other cities it’s not hard wend we know partially the city.

-I need to talk to Taec, maybe he’s still here – I started going up to his office and I hear voices was he having a meeting at this time of the night? I knock on the door and wait for the permission to get in.

- Lexi, I thought you were already home – Taec says seeing me there he was there with GD.

- I needed to talk to you about the new city.

- Ok – He signal me to sit on the chair next to GD – What’s the problem?

- We don’t know enough to start working with them they are in a really doubtful place really dangerous.

- What if we do a recognitions trip?  To see everything and judge and get our information. – He looks at GD.

- Sounds good.

- We’ll start organizing start from tomorrow, GD your boys are free right?

- Of course, we are always ready to help – He smile cutely looking at me.

- So starting tomorrow we will start planning everything, now let’s go home and get some rest.

The three of us were going down until Taec saw that Siwon was still working he decided that was time to talk to him, now it’s just me and GD walking out of the building.

-Let’s go I’ll walk you home – He says walking side by side with me with his hands on the pockets of his jeans.

- You don’t have to I can go alone.

- You can but I don’t want to. – I nodded and we walked side by side in silent on those empty streets, that army man looked so typical so fragile nothing like what we imagine wend we heard people talking, minutes later we were in front of my house.

- We are here – I say turning to him.

- Go in and have a good night – He says biting his chunky pink bottom lip.

- Thank you for bringing me home.

- My pleasure, see you tomorrow. – He turns his back to me and leaves.

How can someone so adorable be so strong and fierce? I go in that empty house and undress myself to take a shower, looking back at the war time GD was always the one going forward even if he was hurt the only time he walked back was wend Chibi left…

 

The next day I went to talk with Taec again of course GD was there, we talked about the idea of doing recognition on the new city. It was going to happen in a few weeks I was going to exam Yun was going to help me; GD was going to take some of the boys from the military among them Jay Park, for medical help Kiki was coming with us too with a small team. 

We know each other for so long, and we went through so much were we able to risk everything? The peace that we are now can be over in just a few seconds. It’s harder to build than to destroy.