Reencounter

Old memories, new moments

 

 

War came to this world out of nothing, countries fighting against each other for power and money, greed was on their veins and nothing could stop them. Were they ready for it? Definitely. Were we ready for the afterwards? Never and neither were them so they left to god knows where and left us to die, luckily we have strong and smart people with us so we were able to survive creating small cities that help each other we were able to put the fabrics working, grow food and create cattle, slowly the cities are growing. Still there are difficulties even if some cities are at peace some still fight and due to the radiation strange and wild animals start to appear from everywhere attacking the population. We’re never at peace, we still fight with everything that we got to protect and survive.

After a few years on Arkit city I left, I was done with the war against the nearby city, tired of seeing people that I liked dying tired of everything so I grabbed my weapons and left on a motorcycle and left everything.

Two years later.

I woke up with a strong pain on my back on a strange place I look around and I’m inside a house, looking at me I’m covered with bandage, now I remember I got a encounter with one of those mutants beasts and got really hurt on my back. I get up even with pain covering my body.

-Be careful you were really hurt, you were lucky that they found you. – And old women says coming close to me with a bowl of soup giving it to me.

- Thank you – I smile – Where am I?

- You’re at Arkit II we are…

- The city connected to Arkit, I know. - I interrupt her.

- So you know us and Arkit. What were you doing alone?

- Surviving - I whisper finishing the soup, I look at that nice women – Where are my things?

- Come with me – I follow her slowly to the back of the house and see my guns empty, no bullets, my sword destroyed and my motorcycle ruined. – I’m sorry dear there was nothing they could do.

- Is there someone that can fix them on the city?

- No, you have to go to Arkit and fix it there.

- Guess I have to. Can someone help me with the trip?

- There’s a truck going there in a few hours just the time we need to take everything to the truck.

Few hours later I was on a big truck with my things and some other people on the way to the city I once run  away from, will everyone I used to know still be there? Just a few more hours and I’ll know. Getting there I need to tell them I’m here, it’s a way of protecting the city everyone need to go through the computer and say they were there, since this started everyone on the peaceful cities have a chip on their right wrist that goes through a scan and into to computer, mine’s still there. I passed my wrist on the scan and a alarm goes of I was arrested for some reason, short after I was inside a building, the few that were still standing, on the last flour I entered a big office and putted on my knees one of the guys that arrested me didn’t let me look up holding my head down, still I knew that the boss there was still with his back to me since I could see his leg.

-You got courage on coming here with a chip of a dead person. – He says to me, I recognize that voice it’s him.

- The last time I check I’m still alive – He quickly turns to me getting close, with his hands he lift my head to see  my face – So I was announced dead? How long? Right after I left I bet – I smiled sarcastically.

- Untie her and leave! – He order, short after I was on my feat examining the marks of the handcuffs on my wrist and we were alone on that big office with big windows turned to the city.

- You grow up a lot – I smile trying to break the awkward atmosphere. – And you actually got to the leader position.

- I thought you were dead – He sits on the black leather chair behind the desk.

- Yeah I could see that – He was holding his head on his hands with the elbows on top of the desk. – Where are the others? - I sited on his desk next to him caressing his soft black hair, he hasn’t changed that much still the sweet boy I knew.

- Well… Soo and Ho are on the medical department with Kikwang and Jaejoong – He continued talking telling me everything that happen the city has been in peace for one year now. Jay, Joon, Jiyong know as G Dragon like he always wanted where on the army department even in peace they needed to be ready for everything and to avoid that those mutants attacks, Min was taking care of her family restaurant and Siwon and Lexi took care of the business with other cities along with Yun and him, Taec, wasn’t actually the leader his father was, but still he helped since his father was busy with other things.

We went to his house to talk a little better, he said that he will ask to someone to fix my things, there I showered and dress some of my old clothes that he saved in case I came back. He always was caring with us that’s why I always thought he would be a great leader. Maybe this constant fight would end.

Taec

I left her at home so she could rest, she was actually back the other will be at shock wend they find out, I needed to finish some work I would be back soon. Getting home at the end of the day I found her on my bed sleeping on top of her stomach with some shorts and small top it was a hot day so I can understand but now I could see the bandage on her back she was hurt. Carefully I sited next to her and tried to see how bad it was but my cold hand woke her. She’s now looking at me with a sleepy face.

-You’re hurt.

- I know, I had a little problem with those mutant things. – She laughs sitting up even if it hurt her.

- I’m going to call Soo to see that – She made a hurtful face. – You don’t want to see them again?

- I want but… I left I just went far away. I wonder if..

- If they want to see you? – I interrupt it’s too painful to see that sad look on her eyes – Of course they want, we all missed you. – I got up and asked one of the employees of the house to get Soo.

We stayed on that bed room on top of that bed talking until I heard a loud knock on the front door. It was time to those two meet again, I open the door and as always she greeted cheerful.

-So what happened? Usually you don’t call me here. – She said entering looking around. – You’re hurt?

- Not me – I signal her to the bedroom.

Soo

I was worried that Taec called me to his house on a medical emergency so I go there as fast as I could; I got there and saw him standing perfectly perfect smiling, so why was I there? He signals me to his room, what a hell is going on? Entering is room smelling like his perfume I saw a girl sitting on his bed, I think I know here but from where?

-Soo! – She called that voice I know it…

- Chibi? – She nodded - Wend did you got back?

- Just today – Taec says behind me entering the room – she’s the one that needs your medical skills.

- It’s nothing don’t worry – Chibi said careless.

- If Taec called it’s because it’s something let me see it since I’m here already.

Taec left the room, she needed to take her top and bandage so she would be , she haves three long scratches marks, they were partially healed but still needed treatment.

While Soo was taking care of Chibi, Taec was making dinner for the three of them while making plans to take her to see the rest of the guys. Dinner was calm with small talk, Soo seemed weirdly quiet, the night went by and it was time to sleep Taec stood on the couch while Chibi on his bed.

Seeing old friends is hard, mainly wend you left because of fear, because you couldn’t face reality, people are judge and sometimes punished but would those friends you count as true friends do the same?