Playing on the water

Old memories, new moments

 

Chibi

Nightmares started hitting me night after night, never had them before because I barely used to sleep now my body my mind is trying to keep me awake by force. I walk around the house, opening draws checking their inside, play around try to distract myself for hours, this night I can just stay alone walking to Taec room I peck at the door and he’s on his desk working he’s always working…

-Taec… - I call at the door and he turns to me with a smile that disappears right after seeing my face.

- What happen? – He got up coming on my direction holding my face on his hands worried. – Were you crying?

- Can I sleep with you today? – He didn’t answer just pulled me to his bed; he lay next to me pulling me to holding me protective.

- What happen?

- I had a nightmare – he laughs at my childish – about the war I’ve been having a lot.

- Do you want to tell me what was exactly?

- No…

- I understand, every time you have a nightmare you can come here – he kisses my forehead.

Soon we were both sleeping peaceful.

Narrator

The nights have been hotter, since the war due to the gas and chemistries the weather it’s always messed up and hard to handle.

That same hot night Min was closing the door of her restaurant so she could go home and Jaejoong being nice has he is, was waiting for her to take her home.

-You didn’t have to wait – She said starting to walk down the street.

- I can’t let a girl go home alone. – He smiled innocently behind those glasses.

- I’m a though girl nothing would happen – She jokes showing her arm muscles making both start laughing.

- I’ll remember not to mess with you. – Jaejoong plays.

- It’s so hot today. – She lifts her hair with her hands trying to relive some of the hot feeling.

- Dare you to swim on the fountain. – Both stop looking at the big rock fountain in front of them.

- Only if you come with me – Min smirks.

- I was the one that made the dare you can pull me into my own dare.

- Yes I can – Min grabbed his hand and start pulling him to the fountain, Jaejoong didn’t struggle and let her have her way.

Few steps and they were in the fountain splashing water on each other face getting all wet after a long play on the water they stop tired and now refreshed, both sited on a bench near the fountain trying to dry a little.

-I think I’m going to be sick – Min said feeling the cold.

- Hope not or it will be my fault.

- Then I’ll have to go to the hospital to make you pay.

- Let’s go – He gets up and seeing his white shirt glue to his body slightly transparent, Min swallowed trying to control herself. – Min? – He waved his hand in front of her face.

- Hum? – She wakes up from her trance.

- Lets go so we can change clothes and not get sick.

Jaejoong took Min home then went his way alone still wet. The try to not get sick failed Min didn’t felt well in the morning so she couldn’t open the restaurant and letting Chibi alone there was going to be disastrous, she decided that today she could close, in the morning she called Taec.

*Call*

-Hello? – He picked up in sleepy.

- Taec, its Min please tell Chibi that I’m not opening the restaurant so she can sleep all day.

- You’re not opening? Is everything alright?

- I’m just a little sick nothing to worry.

- I see, get well soon.

- Thank you, bye.

*End of Call*

Taec look to the side and saw Chibi sleeping on her side mouth slightly open, she looked so peaceful, Taec decided to lie down again next to her moving the hair from her hair softly so she won’t wake up but the soft touch woke her and her eyes were now open looking at him with a questioning look.

-Morning – He said with a warm smile.

- What time is it? – She looks at the ceiling. – I need to go to work.

- Min called saying that she’s feeling sick so she won’t open the restaurant today.

- Really? – She looks at him and Taec just smiled and nodded she knew that he won’t lie it wasn’t his nature. – Guess can sleep a little more.

- Yep

- Aren’t you going to work? – Chibi asked lifting her eyebrow.

- It won’t hurt if I go a little later. – He closes his eyes to sleep a little more.

- Look at the big boy missing work – She punches his arm lightly making him open his eyes.

- YAH! Don’t do that! – She punches him again – one more time and I’ll push you out of bed.

- I pay to see that – third punch and Taec jumped on her and started pickling her in the middle of the “fight” both rolled and fell on the floor Taec under her, what surprised him more was her joy a sincere laugh with his hand he took her hair from her face calling her attention making her stop laugh.

- I missed seeing you like this…

That morning on the hospital Jaejoong got a urgent call to a room, worried with what could be he run to that room, opening the door breathless and tired for running from the other side of the hospital sitting on the bed was Min looking at him.

-Did something happen? – He got in closing the door worry trying to see if everything was alright with her.

- I’m sick and it your fault so you need to take care of me.

- You’re kidding right? I run from the other side of the hospital.

- So? You made me get sick so now make me healthy again I had to close the restaurant because of you.

- You’re something alright – He got close to her poking her forehead.

- Aish, that hurts.

- That’s the idea you know – He looks at his note book writhing something. – Here – He gives to her – take those and you’ll get all better.

- What kind of doctor does this to his own patients? – Min was still with her hand on her forehead.

- That was for calling me here on a emergency it should be worst. – He says turning his back to leave. – See you tomorrow since the restaurant is closed.

People that spend their life working don’t know what to do with their free time, maybe they actually don’t want to have free time then they don’t have to deal with their minds, thoughts, memories…