Will Put It Out, Nothing Let Out

Strangers Like Us

Peter Pan once said "To die would be an offly big adventure". He is right I suppose. But it's a curious thought. I mean life is but a series of happenings that lead up to the   of death. Yes, death. But what happens after death? Is it one mysterious pit of luscious dreams, an intangible labyrinth? No one knows, and that's the problem. No! That's the beauty of it. Forever foreign. Wandering into the unknown, a delicious adventure.   

The clanking of Ae Rin's spoon on the bowl brought me out of my own delirium. We having a family dinner together. The food looked edible but would not make it to my lips. Haneul must have forgotten that I detest pork. 

"Aren't you going to eat, Tae Ah?" the immortal women spoke with the voice of soft wind chimes. It almost seemed as if she had practiced her entire life to hold such a serene voice, as if there was never anything bad to say. No absolute need to drown her words with venom or malice. Why is your voice so lax?

"The pork."She frowns, eyes downcasting as she remembers a previous conversation we shared together. "It's no problem. I wasn't much hungry anyway. Some rice and corn with do me just fine."

"But I am terribly sorry. I just knew I was forgetting something. But Sehun suggested that I make it and...I'm sorry." She began to ramble. Small, delicate hands placed on flushed cheeks as her eyes started to glimmer. Oh Hyun Su gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder. His eyes flashed with something I had never seen before. Was it...love? I'd never seen it this strongly conveyed through eyes such as his. 

Did he ever look at Jiyeon that way?

Would anyone ever look at me that way?

"Yah! Tae, appa is talking to you." I removed my eyes from their intertwined fingers to Oh Hyun Su's. His eyes were reading me, as if he sensed the longing I felt watching their sweet sentiments. "How was school?"

I played the small bowl of rice before me. "S'okay. I haven't murdered anybody if that's what your wondering."

He gave me a potent chuckle. "Good to know. Have you made any new friends?"

"N..."

"She was making out with some girl's cheek at lunch today!" Oh Sehun cut me off with his annoying perspective of why lunch break. "She's in my Physics class, Ri something."

"Her name is In Ri."

"So you did make a friend?" Oh Hyun Su asked, and quite brightly I might add. 

I sigh. "I tried to be as unappealing as possible, but she wouldn't stop being nice to me. No matter what I said or did."

In Woo scoffed at me. "So you go lesbian on her? Freak!" 

"OH IN WOO! UPSTAIRS! NOW!" Oh Hyun Su yelled, pointing to the steps. 

In Woo pouted, throwing her chair down and stomping up to her room. Oh Hyun Su followed foot steps hard, demanding obedience.

"Did you help Tae Ah around school, Sehun?" Haneul asked, as if In Woo's outburst didn't happen.

"No. And I have to go. It's almost 7:45. Hyungs will be waiting for me." He got his plates together and ran them, literally, to the kitchen. "Bye, umma. Bye, Ae Rinnie." He kissed them both on the cheek on his way out. 

"Say bye to Tae Ah unni, oppa! Pwease~" Ae Rin cooed as Sehun began to leave the room. 

He turned around to face me. "Bye, dog." And he ran out the front door. 

"Yah! OH SEHUN!"

"It's okay, Oh Hyun Su." I replied to the returning father. He sat down and turned to Haneul. 

"These kids won't give me a break."

You, a break? How much of a break do you think they're giving me?

Ae Rin gave me a light tap on my arm. "Unni, do you wanna see my pwetty room?"

I giggle, and regret it. I look over to see a smiling Haneul and a shocked Oh Hyun Su. "What? Am I not allowed the pleasure of giggling? Is it another rule?"

Oh Hyun Su coughed awkwardly. "No, it's just, you don't really look happy. So, it was weird to see joy on your face. Even if it was for a few seconds."

"Unni is happy! Unni would tell Ae Rinnie when she was sad right?" I nod to her. "Let's go play in my room."

I look over to Haneul. "Don't worry. I'll get the dishes."

 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Ae Rin's room was something out of a seven year old's fantasy. 

Princess%2010-08.JPG

But Ae Rin is a perfect princess and she deserves all this and more. 

"Unni let's go inside the castle and talk."

"Sure thing, sweetie."

I climbed into the sickeningly pink castle onto a twin sized bed. Ae Rin grabbed Ariel baby doll and started combing her red hair. 

"I had a nice day at school. My teacher is really pretty, but she's really short. But her hair is long and she likes bananas and I like bananas, so I like her. Do you like bananas?"

"I adore bananas, and nectarines. We should go shopping for fruit together."

"Yay! I like shopping." Ae Rin began to look around suspiciously. "I'm gonna tell you a secret. I didn't even tell daddy."

"Go on."

"I got in a fight with a girl today. She wanted to play the umma but I wanted to play the umma because Yoseobie plays the appa."

"Do you like Yoseobie?" She nods very quickly. I snicker. "What did you do to the girl?"

"I punched Nana in the neck."

"...the neck?"

"Yeah, she's taller then me and I couldn't reach her face."

I laugh. "Did you get in troubles?"

"Ani. Teacher believed me, even though I lied."

"Well, Rinnie baby, lying and fighting are bad. You have to promise unni to never lie or fight again. And you should apologize to Nana. She probably didn't know your feelings for Yoseobie were so strong. But you must play fairly to make friends. Ara?" 

"Arasso!" We pinkie promised. "Unni did you meet any nice teachers like mine?"

I look at the way Ae Rin was caressing Ariel's long hair. Then I remembered Seongseangnim's hand, slowly running down scalp onto my shoulder, which he gave a gentle squeeze. His eyes shone, but with a emotions alien to me.

"Nae. Hyun Seongseangnimmi was very nice to unni. He even told unni she was the prettiest girl he'd ever seen."

She looked at me queerly. "But teachers can't tell students that, right?"

"I guess they can."

"Do you think teacher likes you?"

I looked into her chocolate orbs. No, he couldn't. He's a teacher.  And besides, why would he even like me?

But that look in his eyes. Like an emotion, that I couldn't decode, was eating him away whenever his eyes met mine. Something he wasn't fighting, but trying to make stronger. "Ani. He was just being nice because unni is new."

She shrugged. "Okay, unni. Just be careful. Appa always told me to be careful when a boy is being too nice to me." I saluted her.

We played house until Ae Rin fell asleep. I tucked her in and waltzed to my way into my room. I opened my discarded textbooks and began working on my literature homework. A small note fell out onto my desk. Deciding that it was unimportant at the moment, I placed it in my drawer and continued my comprehension.

After an hour of nonstop erasing I figured it was time for a break. I ran down to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. While uncapping the bottle the same note from earlier fell out of my hand. I didn't even realize I had grabbed it and brought it with me. Opening it, I was suddenly confused. 

What do you think of me?

Seongseangnim?

"What's that? A love letter from your girlfriend?" I was spooked by Oh Sehun's voice. When the hell did he get here?

"No."

"Then why are you hiding it?"

Why was I hiding it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​Holllo~ quite a longish update for me

​But I had to sneak it in because I'm grounded from my labby until I finish reading my summer books, like I care.

​So here I am. 

​Are you wondring who that seonseangnim is?

​Clue #He's so hot no matter what he wears he is flawless (to me)

And Ae Rinnie being the sister I wish I had. 

​Anyways comment or roll like a buffalo on your keyboard and click enter~

P.S. I love subscribers^^ (Which is wear I give a 90 degree bow to those who have~ you make life worth sitting in front of a screen and typing)

​LilyLycan B. d(^~^)b