Why Can't We Be Friends

Strangers Like Us

C.S Lewis once said, “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one”. The truth in that is when you have friends who understand your hardships, you're not alone. You lose every feeling of being alone because there is someone out there who thinks and feels the exact same way you do. I tried that before, making myself feel the way someone else felt to make our friendship stronger. It didn't, it might of been the reason it broke in the first place. So sometimes in friendships you have to be honest with yourself and knowing if the connection is real. 

When I was in 2nd grade Barbie Xiu invited me over for play dates. We would chase butterflies and dance with grasshoppers. Everything was perfect and I vowed to myself that I would never let that feeling go. The feeling of friendship. But as time went by, I noticed that Barbie controlled most of our plans and thoughts. If she liked someone, I lovingly called them my best friend . If she wanted ice cream, I craved vanilla. If she wanted to play hide and seek, I was already counting to ten. And somehow I convinced myself that those were things I actually enjoyed doing. When on the contrary, I hated most of the people I encountered back then. I didn't enjoy ice cream because it was made of milk, which I detest with a fiery passion. I was never one for games in which the other person always wins and I always have to be the seeker.

But I was blinded by that feeling of security that came along with being friends with Barbie. Though she was an annoying, conniving every since she crawled her way out of the womb, I loved being in her presence. She had a way of making me feel important, but never enough to acquire additional friends. That's what broke us up. It was the beginning of 5th grade when Choi Iseul transferred to our school. She was far prettier than Barbie, which meant we didn't like her. Somehow, I began to gravitate towards the girl and gained another friend. She was different than Barbie. She allowed me to have my own mind and feel however I wanted to. Somehow are differencs became similiarities and it was mutual on both sides.  I loved it, but of course Barbie would be unamused. And by the end of our 5th grade year, Iseul was already Barbie's minion but she had taken my spot. I was outcasted. 

Through that experience I came to resent the human tendency to need that contentment that comes a close sisterhood. I vowed to be strong for myself and believed that I didn't need those kind of feelings. I was wrong. Up until meeting In Ri, I just kept this bitterness burning into my heart. But with getting to know her, I've learned that friendship is a key part of growing up healthily. 

"What did he say?" In Ri asked as we sat on the floor in her room.

"He didn't say anything. He was shocked I knew anything I guess." I shrug, running my fingers threw her soft red carpet. "Your carpet looks like blood."

"Are you high or something?" She looks crookedly at me. 

"Probably. Your the best heroin I've ever had."

She throws her sock monkey at my face and for a moment, I think she forgot about my anger issues. "YAH! OH TAE AH! DRUGS ARE NOTHING TO JOKE ABOUT!"

", just be happy I didn't punch you in the face. Who the hell keeps a sock monkey at your age?" I fling the toy over my shoulder and give a bored sigh. "Guys are douche bags."

Her eyebrow quirks. "Did Yixing do something?"

Sigh. "No."

"Then why are you saying that?"

Bigger sigh. "Why are guys such jerks?" For a moment I think she is going to comfort me with a hug, but that's exactly what didn't happen. "THE was that for?" 

She shrugs. "Your being weird, whenever I'm weird my older sister flicks me on the head. I can only assume I stop being weird after so I figured it would work on you." 

"If only I didn't love you." I slap her lightly on the arm. "So are we just going to forget about the fact that the man I love is best friends with the guy who hit it and quit it? Don't you at least want to track that down and cut off his balls?" I groan. 

She looks thoughtfully at her bed and answers, "No. I just want to talk to him." 

"Why it bring you peace?" I ask, annoyed with the amount of forgiveness she is showing. She nods curtly and I stand. "Looks like we're going to have a sit down with the dirty hound."

She looks at me puzzled. "Was that suppose to be funny?"

"Are you laughing?"

"No."

"Then it obviously wasn't. Let's go before they leave the studio." 

...................................................................................................................

"Are you ready for to do this?" I ask as we stand at the entrance of the studio. She gives a brave nod, but I se the anxiousness in her eyes. "I'm...here for you. You know that right?" She sends me a thankful glance and advances into the room.

"Byun Baekhyun sshi." In Ri spoke confidently, "Can we talk for a minute?" Said boy looks remorsefully at the girl. He made no movement in response to her. "Or maybe we should just talk openly like this." 

"No...I...lets talk outside." He walked by her out the door with In Ri following shortly behind. 

"Remember Rinnie, I'm just behind the door." I shout as the door closes behind her. I sigh and turn to Yixing's direction. "Hey."

"Hey." 

Neither of us move closer to the other but we still hold our gaze. I snap my attention to the shout I hear in the hallway. Is he yelling at her? I walk towards the door and prepare myself to kick Byun Baekhyun's when Yixing stops me. 

"No."

"He's yelling at her, I have to.."

"No."

"What if he..."

"He won't."

"But she's my friend."

"I know but you can't protect her from getting hurt. She needs this moment of closure." He rapped his slender arms around my waist and placed his face in my neck. I calmed but it wasn't until the yelling stopped that I began to get nervous. "Stop fidgeting. They'll be fine." 

"Easy for you to say. My friend is more fragile than that ."

He chuckles, "That is my friend, love. And he's more sensitive than you think."

I wanted to reply but the opening of the door gained my full attention. In Ri looked more at peace, her shoulders were relaxed and smile was sincere. The jackass looked just as pleased, if not just positively glowing. 

"Meet my girlfriend."

And the hit the fan. "What the are you thinking, Rinnie? Are you going to actually be a relationship with this...this..."

"I know he did that a long time ago, but we were both young. We made mistakes and we've made amends. And we're better than ever." No matter how absolutely in love she looked, I couldn't wipe away the hate I have for him. "We were both at fault anyway."

"Fine! Have it your way! But don't I'm going to be buddy-buddy with this ." I grumbled, clinging to Yixing tighter.

Byun Baekhyun smirks at me, "Come on, Tae Baby, give me one good reason why can't we be friends." 

". You."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm suppose to go driving. It's raining. I have homework. I think I'm just gonna not care about today. 

So BaekRi is together and it was all to please my sister who thinks the couple name sounds attractive. Tae is learning what friendship means and how to love people properly, good for you girlie. Not much fluff but oh wells I have on my mind. 

Like the french story I need to  type and submit by 5pm. I think i'll just go on tumblr^^

Comment + Subscribe O-0

LilyLycanB. 

d(^~^)b

tumblr_mbkjouoVSb1qb5rxfo1_500.gif Tao baby est so cute^^