You Shine Me When I'm Alone

Strangers Like Us

Sun Tzu once said, "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Could you image the death count if I were president? That might be a bit of a stretch but it's the same idea. Right? I mean just think for a minute. Everyone around the world images a different life with different people under different circumstances every day. Our lives are just about wants and desires and what should be and what will never be. I can only image what life would be like if everything was different. I can't change a thing about the things being thrown into the tornado called my life, but I can go with it. 

"You ever image what it would be like to live in America?" In Ri asked dreamily. We, meaning Biyu, In Ri and I, were cascading across Biyu's bedroom floor. Teen magazines, popcorn and American chick-flicks surrounded us. What was suppose to be a welcome home celebration turned into girly lax feast, only we weren't eating proper food. In Ri searched the Korean streets for the most authentically American food she could, the result was marshmallow popcorn, Lifesaver jellybeans, pizza, and spray cheese. 

"Only every ing day!" Biyu yelled at the top of her lungs. The sugary beans took her outgoing personality and turned her into an un-intoxicated drunk, if that makes much sense. "I've literally dreamed about exactly how I'd want my life to be."

"You mind sharing this with the group." I asked, uninterestedly. 

"Well, I've heard of like the American Dream. I think I'd want something like that. Maybe, I'll be a little house wife of a millionaire. We'd marry very young, have maybe two kids, one boy and a girl, BUT the boy must be oldest. I'll get them a dog and name it Sherly because Sherly Temple commercials are always playing on the t.v." She straightens her body a bit more as her voice becomes more excited. "My husband will be half Korean, born in Seattle. He will have a bad-boy personality and be very protective. He'll love our kids and he'll love me. We'll get three beach houses and have two honeymoons a year. 

"I'll name my son Adam and my daughter Ana. They will be smart and independent. When they are infants, they wont cry or whine much. They'll be the perfect angels and on their wedding days I'll cry for hours. When my hubby retires, we'll move to cabin the Appalachian Mountains and die in each others warm embrace." She puts her finger to her chin. "We'll like rabbits until the day we die."

....

"What?" She asked loudly, looking at our shared expression. 

"It's just that you've...really thought it through that much?" In Ri's little voice squeaked out. 

"But of course! Haven't you any future plans or aspirations?" 

In Ri looked to me uncertain. "I guess I have, but not in that much detail."

"Even so, you can still share whatever it is." Biyu said. 

"Okay. Um...I guess I'd like to live simply. A Korean husband, some kids, maybe a dog? I've always been interested in sculpting. I'd like to meet my husband in art classes, he'd show me how to mold clay after class. He'd fall for me while giving private lessons. I wouldn't mind him being older than me, so that I'll be reassured that he can care for me. We'd be happy. I get a job as a art teacher and he'll get into...law? And we'll be together forever." She shrugs at the end. "Your turn Tae."

I sigh dramatically. "But mine isn't quite put together like you guys."

"OUCH!" Biyu slaps my back. "Okay, geez !" She smiles victoriously and ushers me to begin. 

"Let me start by saying I don't have a particular nationality in mind for my significant other. But he'll be sweet and amazing. He'll want me to dance with him, knowing that I can't follow a beat to save my life. He'll teach me to surf, because he'd know, without ever asking me, that I've always longed to learn. We'll spend most of our time staring at either the sky or each other. He'll have a job, and I'll support him in whatever he does. I'll work to while going to school. I want to be an engineer, he'll support my decision.

"I'd like to live in a little bungalow. It will be white when we move in, but he'll paint it yellow. He'll tell me he loves me every night and we'll kiss goodbye every morning. I'll give him children, I want all boys. He'd want a girl, so I'd have to have one and she'll be youngest. I'll name her Rhea. We'll get huge dogs named Boss and Diesel.  We'll be happy. Sometimes we might argue, but we'll never separate. We'll love our children and each other." 

"AWWWWWWW!" Biyu and In Ri chorused together. 

"That is so cute." In Ri finished delightfully. "I never knew you were this girly."

Looks can be deceiving.

"Yeah, when I saw her in the hospital I could have swore she was a emo kid." Biyu agreed.

I tend to give off that vibe.

"And I was like, , you know. My brother's in love with this girl and is probably going to suffer for it." Biyu continued, while munching on some popcorn.

, say what?

"I was surprised to find out most guys take a liking to her. First Dongwoo-sshi, then Kwangmin-sshi, and Youngmin-sshi. I was completely baffled why they started to like her in the first place. No offense, Tae Ah." In Ri said rather snobbishly.

"Oh, I'm taking offense to that, ! I'm going to get a Fresca." I remarked. I collected my floppy being off the cream-colored carpet and stumbled out of her room. 

"Get us some Redbull!" if I'm going to get those es anything after all that. Just who do these God forsaken people take me for? 

So absorbed in my own thoughts, I stumbled down the last five steps and landed with a soft thud. I attempted to get up, but in my own laziness decided to remain planted. A boy, a very tall boy, came out of the living room and peered down at me. 

"So..." Handsome boy started.

"Yeah, I fell."

"Do you maybe, want to get up?" He tilted his head slightly to the right.

"Not just yet."

"That's very...unfortunate." 

"You kind of look like a panda."

He rolled his eyes at that. "You must be the famous Tae Ah I've heard so much about."

I look at him oddly. "That's funny how I don't recall ever asking anyone to tell you about me, Panda Boy."

"And there is that sass I've been waiting for." He snickers. 

"Who the hell are you? Where is Xing g..."

"Are you messing with Tae Ah, Tao?" Yixing asked from what I believe to be the kitchen.

"YES."

"NO." 

We responded collectively. I huffed, lifting my body up and storming away from this Tao person. I am still thirsty.

"Xing-ah?" I whispered while walking over to his busy figure. He must have been in deep concentration before I interrupted. He jumped and peered over his shoulders at me. 

"Yes, Tae."

"What are you making?" I asked almost childishly.

"Just ramen? Wae? Are you hungry?" I shook my head, though he wasn't looking at me to see that part. "Well are you going to answer me?"

"Aniyo, gwenchanayo." I replied. 

"Then what made you take this trip down the steps and into the kitchen?" I could just feel the pun. 

"My only intentions were to retrieve some drinks and maybe get a chance to annoy you. I didn't plan on falling for you while on the stairs."

We shared a small chuckle before it was interrupted. "Is this what you two do? Move in circles around each other?" Tao asked.

"I forgot you were here, Panda Boy." 

"Be careful, Tao here is a kungfu master." Lay interjected, cutting off the stove.

"Awe, so Kungfu Panda here isn't just tall and obnoxious?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"I don't see what you like about her. Maybe the body, and her face, but the personality is ." Tao remarked spitefully. 

I simply rolled my eyes and search the fridge for the desired liquids. After finding them, I my heels and went to go back to Biyu's room. 

"Was I too harsh?" I heard Tao whisper while climbing the stairs. 

"Probably." Yixing replied.

I opened Biyu's door and tossed her the drinks. 

"!" I exclaimed, I got a Rockstar energy drink instead of a Fresca. "Whatever."

I chugged down the cotton-candy flavored drink and turned to face my little dimwits. "What movie are we watching next?"

"Biyu wants to watch Twilight, but I don't think that counts as a sappy-romance." In Ri said looking through the dvd collection. "How about we watch the Notebook." 

"No."

"Titanic?"

"I really don't feel like crying alot today."

"So you feel like crying, Yu?" I asked. 

"Yeah, but not a lot." 

"Romeo Must Die?"

"Are you stupid, In Ri?"

"Well then why don't you just decide on a movie, -Tae!" She yelled at me.

"I WILL THEN!" I shouted back and dived into the flicks before me. "Perfect." I said after finding our feel good film.

***

"You won't forget me, will you?"

"Me? Forget? Never." 

"Please don't forget her." In Ri says sadly.

"Will you come back?"

"To hear stories about me."

"You cheeky, y American bastard. You better not be lying to her!" Biyu shoves jellybeans into his mouth.

But I was not to see Peter Pan again. Now I tell his story to my children. And they will tell it to their children. And so it will go on. For all children grow up, except for one.

"I don't *sniffle* know why I watch this. It *sniffle* gets me every time." I wimp the river flowing down my cheeks. 

Biyu, In Ri and I look at each other before bursting into a chorus of whimpers and tears. Every now and then, one of us uttered a 'so beautiful' and 'I want a Peter Pan'. Then we laughed until our faces turned red, we clutched ourselves together. It was a honest moment of complete and total girly-ness. 

"You two are the best friends a girl could have!" I proclaimed, slightly shocked with myself. 

"You know what that means In Ri?" Biyu hummed in anticipation for her answer.

"KARAOKE!!" In Ri cheered and dashed towards the mics in the corner.

***

Yixing POV

Thump thump thump

"Ge, I think an earthquake is happening." Tao states finishing up the ramen.

"No. It's just girls."

"Wanna go see what they're doing?" Tao asked bored. 

"I guess." Tao and I rose from the table. We could hear the music pounding as we ascended the stairs. 

"Is that...Katy Perry?" Tao looks confused as I shrug. 

I twist the door nod and reveal three teenage girls jumping about the room. Popcorn and jellybeans were hopping up and down. Their faces were pink and drench in perspiration. Tae Ah looked genuinely happy at the moment, even though she was butchering the song. I looked longingly at her.

"Remember when you asked why I like her?" I asked Tao, never taking my gaze from her.

"Yeah."

"It because of how she is right now. She may come off y at first, but once you dig deep down.."

"Very deep down." I chose to ignore Tao.

"She's sweet and caring and wonderful. And that's enough for me to love her."

Imma get your heart racing/ In my skin tight jeans/ Be your teenage dream tonight

She locks eyes with me and embarrassment flashes across her face. She then smiles at me and attempts to serenade me.

Let you put your hands on me/ In my skin tight jeans/ Be your teenage dream tonight~ 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh My Ovaries! 

Thanks so much for the positive feedback from the previous chapter. I'm trying to update at least once before the Hurricane Sandy dstroys my power. It's going to be a long day, but I hope you enjoy this little...whatever this chapter is.

Anywho I going to shoot for a double update bfore the real stor kicks in, hopefully I make it. Lily hwaiting! 

LilyLycan B. 

d(^~^)b

tumblr_m86gw0kv2p1ru1dji.gif If you have any Kray/Fanxing recommendations, they will be gladly appreciated because I am currently their #1 shipper!