Hope

Women Are From Venus and Men Are From Hell

My hair blew and twisted as the intense wind whirled around me. I stared down at the flashing fluorescent lights of the city's nightlife. I was on the edge, the edge of destruction, the edge of this balcony. I was too much of a coward to do such a thing. I knew that as well as anyone, but the thought was horrible alone.

 

This wasn't the way out..

 

I climbed down from the edge of this skimpy balcony and immediately fell to my knees as I buried my tear stained face into my shaking hands. I sobbed and sobbed, almost as loud as a siren. But, no one would ever hear me over the noise of the city, people laughing, cars soaring and honking as they made their way down the streets. I sobbed as loud as I could, practically screaming, whether it be from the pain or secretly wishing someone would hear me and save me. It made me sick to my stomach that I secretly wished for Seunghyun. I wished for him to save me and take it all away, take it back. However, he couldn't save me, he was the one who had caused all of this.

 

  What was I doing here..?

 

 

________A Couple Days Earlier.._______

 

One by one, everyone who had attended the party had left until only Joon and I were left amongst the apartment. I wasn't sure what to do. I started to grab my things to leave as well.  To where? I wasn't sure. I had no where to go..

 

"You aren't going anywhere. Stay here..with me."

 

Before I could grab my things, Joon grabbed my arm, making me jump slightly as it had reminded me of Seunghyun's touch. He turned me to face him. I looked at him after he had spoken, my eyes wide. My cheeks flushed to a rosy color and I smiled at him brightly, more so than I had smiled in a long time. He returned with the same bright smiled as his lips curled in a chuckle. He looked down for a second, bashfully and grabbed my hand.

 

"Come on, I want to show you something."

 

I was hesitant, I didn't know what to expect. Seunghyun had made me so paranoid of everything, it was torturous. Joon just smiled at me reassuringly, knowing of my cautiousness. He led me away gently to the patio in his apartment that we had once stood on before. I gazed around towards the horizon that was overrun with city buildings and bright street signs. It somehow made me smile. To see life outside of Seunghyun

 

"Here." I quickly turned my attention back to Joon, his voice echoing through my ears.  He grabbed my hand once again and held it out faced up in between us. He quickly reached into his pocket of his suit and pulled out a silver necklace. He slowly laid it into my palm and smiled at me. I looked down at my palm, admiring the pendant. It was a beautiful stainless steel necklace with a key hanging from it. 

 

What..what's this?" I stared back at the necklace than back to Joon, confused by his sudden gift.

 

"It's for you..to give you hope. The key stands for your future. The key that will someday unlock your future. Always look at this when you are losing hope, remember to always have hope and faith that someday your future will be bright." He stared back at me as he spoke. His words came so easily and smooth. I was speechless and looked down to the ground, trying to refrain from letting go of the tears I so desperately held. Although I had lost all hope quite some time ago, this gave me the hope I had lost.

 

"Turn around, I'll put it on you."

 

"But-" I was hesitant as I knew that once he saw my neck, he'd see the bruises that led to my back and the marks around my shoulders.

 

"It's okay." Joon reassured me as he took the necklace from my hand and spun me around and gently lifted my hair off my shoulders and neck. He softly brang the necklace around me and clasped it from the back and gently placed my hair back to it's original place, covering the bruises. I shivered as I could feel his hot breath on my neck and whisking through my hair. Once it was around my neck, I placed my fingers on top of it gently. It was funny to think that something so small could mean so much. It did give me hope. I never wanted it to leave my side. I wanted to keep this hope by my heart forever.

 

"Thank you, Joon."

 

The same smiled I wore before remained on my face and I never wanted it to leave.

 

"No, thank you, Eun Ae." Joon whispered as he brought his head up from looking at the ground and looked at me in the eyes. I looked back at him, confused by his appreciation. 

 

"Why are you thanking me for? I should be thanking you, Joon." I said desperately hoping that he would understand my appreciation for everything he had done for me. But, he only chuckled to himself and stared back down at the ground, kicking the cement with his foot shyly. He started to walk away, avoiding my question. As he walked towards the patio doors, he stopped in his tracks.

 

"Maybe someday I'll tell you." He said mysteriously without turning to face me and then he went on his way back inside the apartment once again. As I watched him leave, I was left in confusion. I grabbed the necklace around me neck with my hand and tightly squeezed it, never wanting to lose it. I turned towards the city once again and stood there in thought.

 

What did Joon mean?

 

 

To be Continued...Part 2

 

 

______________________________________

A/N: So, this was part 1 for this chapter and the explanation for the beginning of this chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it..? I plan on updating again sometime this week so hopefully you guys won't have to wait to long! Please let me know what you guys think!! I really love hearing your guys' feedback!!

I love you all!!