Lies

Women Are From Venus and Men Are From Hell

He sat there, in all his glory. His body upright as he looked around the room, showing off his strong jawline like a model. His thin lips slightly parted as he released a small sigh. I stared at this man, the one I loved.

Choi Seunghyun.

The soft sound of music played, followed by soft whispers from all of the people around us. We both sat there in this high class restaurant that Seunghyun had often took me to a while ago. This place, it brought back so many happy memories. But, the memories were painful. It seemed like Seunghyun had changed. But the memories, they hadn't.

"May I take your order?" A familiar voice spoke up suddenly, intruding my thoughts. I looked up quickly to see him. My greatest friend in the entire world.

"Youngbae!" My voice rose in surprise and happiness. He preferred Taeyang, but, I couldn't help myself. We were childhood friends. But, after Seunghyun and I married, we drifted apart. Seunghyun didn't allow me to be around other men.

"Eun Ae!" He Said in return. I quickly got up from my chair and have him a hug. As I gave Taeyang a hug, I could only imagine what Seunghyun would do about this later. Scared for my life, I quickly let go and stepped away from him. I looked down at Seunghyun who sat there, staring up at the two of us. Anger and jealously was clearly written all over his face.

"Uh..Seunghyun, you remember Youngbae, right?" I stuttered out, trying to sound as calm as possible. Although he had been pretty nice lately, Seunghyun was a loose cannon.

"Yes. Now are you going to take my order?" His voice shot back coldly as he stared at Taeyang, directly in the eyes.

"Oh, yes." Taeyang stuttered out as well as he scrambled for his notepad. I quickly sat down as Seunghyun shot an evil glare my way as he gave his order. I held my head low and stared down at my legs.

"What about you Eun Ae?" His voice quickly grabbed my attention and I quickly looked up to speak.

"Uh, I'll have-"

"She'll have what I'm having." Seunghyun shot out before I could even finish. Taeyang only looked at me apologetically and left without another word. I return to my recent posture and hung my head low once again. From time to time, I'd glance up at him, only for him to be staring right back at me the whole time. My heart raced into deadly speeds each time our eyes met. It was like I could see everything he would do to me, in his eyes.

Without warning, he jumped up from his seat and walked over to me and stood by my side. He quickly held his hand out, but didn't bother to look at me.
"Dance with me." His voice seemed harsh and cold. I hesitated, but quickly took his hand. He pulled me towards the tiny dancing area on the other side of the restaurant, barely giving me any time to catch up with him. He latched our hands together and stood directly across from me. One arm quickly s across my waist while the other held our arms outward. He began dancing, looking anywhere but at me. I wondered whether he was embarassed...or was disgusted.

"I don't ever want you speaking to another man, ever again." He mumbled just loud enough or me to hear. I shook under neath him as his voice was angry and stern.
"All you have is me, for the rest of you life. If you don't like it, deal with it." He spoke once more. I kept my head low, trying to keep my face stoic. I didn't want to reveal my feelings too easily simply because we were in public.

He suddenly tightened his grip on my waste and pulled me towards him harshly, making me gasp.
"Understood?" His face was now only inches from mine. I could only look up at him and be a prisoner of his eyes. They were so cold..and evil. I nodded my head quickly, trying to avoid conflict. This was how it always was. The reason Taeyang and any other friend, whether it be a man or woman, could never be friends. It often frightened me..to be alone. I deluded myself into thinking Seunghyun was all I needed.


 

But it was a lie.