Amazing Race ~ Part 4

❧ ßeəutifuℓ §trəngers [HIATUS]

 


“Here you go” Tao said handing Jieun’s bubble tea to her.  She bowed her head slightly as she took it from him, “Gumowo, Tao-sii.”

Tao shook his head, “Ah- Jieun-ah, don’t use honorifics with me.” He stated once again before Jieun turned her face away so that he couldn’t see her reddening cheeks. 

“So do you know what we’re supposed to do?” Tao asked as he took out the notecard and the 12 items they were given as they walked down Myeondong Market.  He took them out and placed them on the tabletop of the café they were in.  Jieun took a sip of her bubble tea before propping her elbows and resting her chin in the hands.  She carefully examined them, trying to think of what all the random items had to do with each other.

Tao focused his gaze on her.  She neatly tucked a piece of her hair back before her ear before looking up and catching his eyes, “…What?”

Tao just smiled and shook his head, “You’re really quiet…”  He said softly before Jieun’s smile grew, “Ah—honestly, I’m still star struck, that’s all…amazed that you chose me out of the, probably hundreds, that applied.” She shyly muttered the ending.  Tao chuckled and as he surprised her by reaching over and pinching her cheeks ever so lightly, “Aigoo—this is our first date; you should definitely warm up to me.”

Jieun bit her lips before she straightened up.  She covered her beat red cheeks with her hands as Tao chuckled.

“Umm—soo..uhh-th-the items…” She said shyly before her attention was back on them, “I don’t really know…these items are so random.”  She said picking up a small container of Kimchi Fried Rice and a key chain, “Kimchi fried rice and a key chain with ballet shoes on them…don’t really go along.”  She muttered as Tao played around with the other items.  “A guitar pick, smiley face stickers…a book; I honestly don’t know what we’re supposed to do with these too.” 

Jieun slammed the palms of her hands on the table top, “It’s Exo!” She said confidently, “Kimchi fried rice, D.O., ballet shoes is Kai, the smiley face stickers are Chanyeol…this one’s Suho’s and Kris’s, Sehun’s…it’s Exo.” She said again looking back up at him as he beamed, “Ah!” he chuckled, “The Panda candies are me.” He chuckled softly as a smile crept across Jieun’s face at his cuteness.

“—But what are we supposed to do with this?  How are we supposed to know where to go with these items?”  he asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

They both became silent.

“AH! It got it! Our dorm!” Tao said jumping up from his seat across from her.  He and Jieun, both, quickly packed up and hurried out into their car, leaving for their next destination.

"You're going to be the first girl, other than the coordi noonas to enter our dorm." He chuckled before Jieun's cheeks flushed once again.


They walked into Lotte World together.  Soyeon suddenly flipped Chen’s hood over his head.  He shot her a look before he bowed her head, “I’m sorry, I just don’t want people to start crowding…”

Chen gave her a warm smile, “It’s okay, thank you.”  He said fixing it over his head.  She relaxed a little.  “This is going to be so hard!”  She puffed, “’In the air, you will find…’ what does that mean?” She asked before beaming, “Does that mean we have to go ride all the rides!?” She stated excitedly. 

Chen laughed at her before shaking his head, “In the air you will find…” He repeated before looking up in the sky.  “I don’t get it…”  Soyeon frowned, “Is there supposed to be something in the sky or something…?” She questioned before Chen shrugged.

She suddenly chuckled, “Oh well, let’s go on the tallest rides first; maybe that can help us.”  She said running off before Chen chased after her.

---30minutes later---

“Yeah, this isn’t getting us anywhere…” Chen said as he took a piece of funnel cake and ate it.  Soyeon did the same before sighing, “I don’t know what else it could mean.  There are so many things in the air...”

They both became silent.

“Umma, I want to ride the hot air balloon inside the building.”

“Honey, we have to get home.  Plus, you’re too little; you won’t even be able to see anything.”

“I GOT IT!” Soyeon jumped up from her seat, “The hot air balloon! Aish, why didn’t I think of that before…” She exclaimed lightly hitting her head with a chuckle.

Chen stuffed the rest of the funnel cake in his mouth before getting up, “Palli!” He said with a full mouth.

They were traveling around the indoor of the building when Soyeon finally noticed it, “There! The ice rink!” She exclaimed, “It’s a picture of a slice of cake?” She muttered confused.

Chen sighed, “Maybe that’s not what we’re looking for.”  He stated before she shook her head, “No…no, it is because look,” she tugged Chen’s shirt towards her and pointed, “Right there…it says ‘clue’ so it has to be directed at us.”

Soyeon left the side of the cart and slouched in her seat, “what’s cake supposed to mean? A piece of cake? This is not a piece of cake.” She muttered before Chen chuckled. 

He looked at the cake before noticing small hole on the cake.  He furrowed his eyebrows before mumbling, “look at the big picture…”  He noticed the outside was shaped as a cake, but the details of it looked more like cheese.  “Cheese cake?” He muttered unsure.  “Why would it be a cheese cake though?” He asked himself.

“Hey, stop muttering to yourself.” Soyeon stated as she sat back up, “What are you thinking of?” She asked him as he sat across from her, “I think that’s a cheese cake because the outside is shaped like a piece of cake but the inside looks like cheese because of the holes and whatnot.”  He said as Soyeon nodded.

“But I don’t know why or what we’re supposed to think of when we see-’

“-The cheese factory down the road?” Soyeon asked, “I mean, I haven’t been in Seoul for a while, but I think I saw a cheese cake factory down the road.”

“Ah! That’s right!” Chen shouted in excitement, “It is the cheese factory.” He chuckled, “I shouldn’t know.”  He sighed before it suddenly hit him, “We-we’re kind of stuck here…until the ride ends though…”

Soyeon sighed heavily, “sorry, but, you’re very smart.” She blurted before he chuckled at her comment, “Ahh, thank you.” He replied shyly and smiled as they locked eyes.  Soyeon’s cheeks flushed before Chen asked, “So…where are you from again?”

“Sydney, Australia.”  She responded.  They both sat back against the seat and talked to each other, getting to know each other more as the ride came to an end. 

They hurried out of the building, away from the gates of Lotte World and entered their car.  “It’s a little passed 3PM. We have 2 hours to finish this…and we have to finish this cause I do not want to get punished.” Chen stated as Soyeon giggled to herself as the car turned into the parking lot of the cheese factory.


  Note from Miyoung & Eunae

Hey!? IT'S AN UPDATE! Aha, thank you all for being sooooooo patient with us!

//LOVES from your authors,

~ Miyoung & Eunae