Amazing Race ~ Part 1

❧ ßeəutifuℓ §trəngers [HIATUS]

 


     Miyoung grabbed Luhan's hand and ran out the doors. Then she pointed before he looked over to where she was pointing. Miyoung glanced back at Luhan before grinning, "First car." They ran and got in before she quickly opened the envelope. Luhan looked over her shoulder before raising a brow, "What do we have to do?"

     "Umm, Hello Kitty Cafe, please." Miyoung swiftly said, catching her breath before Luhan turned around, "Baekhyun and his partner just ran out." He turned back to face her before she nodded and read the note.

     "One person has to stand outside and advertise the Hello Kitty Cafe and get people inside while the other serves them before we get the next clue? Mwuh..? " She questioned quietly and then sighed. Unable to hear her, Luhan moved closer to read the note himself.  "Ahh, I'll do it. It'll probably be full in no time if I go out and advertise the cafe." He gave her an assuring smile, "Trust me." Miyoung gave a small smile and nodded. After a couple minutes to silence, Luhan asked, "So, where are you from again?"

     Miyoung fiddled with her fingers, "I'm from Japan."

     "Ah! That's something we have in common. You're from Japan and I'm from China." He said smiling with twinkles in his eyes, "So tell me more about yourself. I want to know all about you."

     "Well..."  Miyoung started, "I'm mixed Korean-Japanese. I have a passion for dancing. I love rainy days..." She paused for a second, "Oh!" She turned to Luhan and smiled brightly, "I like Taro bubble tea!"

     "Wow! Really?!" Luhan gasped before Miyoung nodded. Luhan smiled before nudging her lightly in the arm, "We should get some before this day ends." He suggested before Miyoung simply nodded. The silence returned as they both looked out their windows.

     "Oh! We're here." They both said at the same time before turning to each other and chuckling. They headed into the cafe and looked around before Miyoung made her way to the cashier, "We're sent from SM to help the cafe." The cashier called the manager and she led them to the back of the cafe. Luhan's eyes wandered as the manager gave them a quick overview of the rules and how to handle customers. He looked back to the manager when she finished and nodded along with Miyoung. Then she smiled and tapped Miyoung lightly on the shoulder.

     "Come with me, please." The manager said before walking into the employers room. Miyoung turned to Luhan before saying, "Err..I'll be back." Then she disappearied behind the swinging doors after the manager. The door closed behind Miyoung before she headed over to the manager who was waiting for her.

     "So, you'll be outside advertising the cafe?" The manager asked as Miyoung caught up with her before they walked down the hallway.

     "Well, Luhan said that he'd do it so we'll be done sooner and get our second clue faster." Miyoung answered before they stopped.

     "Oh." The manager said with a small laugh, "Well, I guess we'll have to find out what size he wears." She then pointed at the rack of uniforms. 

     "Ahh...never mind, I'll do it." Miyoung quickly replied as her eyes widened when she saw the outfits. The manager chuckled before nodding, "Good choice. Pick your size and change in that changing room over there." She pointed to the door down the hall and added, "And come back out front once you're done." Miyoung nodded before swiftly finding her size. Then she hurried over to the room and changed before heading back out to the front. Luhan was sitting in a booth when Miyoung walked through the doors.

     "What's that?" He asked curiously while raising a brow.

     "I decided to work outside. I know you'll be faster, but then you'd have to wear this." She answered before pointing to the outfit she just changed into. The manager called the two of them over before Luhan could reply.

     "Miyoung will be handing out flyers and trying to get people inside while you." She explained before turning to Luhan, "Serve every person that comes in here, if they were convinced by Miyoung. Once you reach the amount need to receive your clue, we'll give you the clue, and you guys will be free to leave. Understand?" The manager raised a brow and crossed her arms before Miyoung and Luhan both nodded.

     "Arraso. Good luck to you both." She smiled encouragingly before walking away. Luhan and Miyoung turned to each other before they both said at the same time, "Hwaighting!" Then they laughed lightly before leaving to do their jobs


     "Okay, so where to next?" Baekhyun asked Kia as soon as they stepped inside the car. Kia opened the envelope, "Umm, the Yeoksam Building? I think that's how you say it."  She quickly looked up from the paper as Baekhun nodded, "Yeah, you're right, or you can call it the 63 Building. What does the note say?"

     Kia flipped it over, "Yeoksam Building - B1 level, Aquarium. We're suppose to answer 20 questions and get half of it right to get our next clue. Umm..." She frowned and continued to read, "If we don't answer half of it correct, we get a different set of 20 questions and redo that whole process." Kia looked back up at Baekhyun before smiling, "Sounds pretty easy, I think."

     In no time, they arrived at the building before quickly entering. They received their questions and looked over them while in the elevator, waiting to be taken down to the Basement level. They glanced at each other after reading the questions before shrugging as the elevator doors opened.

     "Oh my gosh! Look! They're so cute!" Kia blurted out as soon as the doors opened before running out of the elevator and towards the small open tank. She practically threw herself against the glass before beaming, "Aww, the penguin's so cute!" Baekhyun only laughed at her cute reaction. Then she turned her head in another direction and walked over to another tank, "Wow, you lookohmygosh!" She stumbled backwards and accidentally bumped into someone. Kia quickly turned and apologized before moving her attention back to the tank, and pointing at the piranha, "You're scary!" Baekhyun only made his way over to her side unable to stop laughing. He took a glance at the question sheet, "Hey! You found the first question! What's the name of the fish?"

     Kia glanced over to take a look at the picture then back at the fish, "It's Piranha." Then she turned her attention back to the fish before sticking out her tongue, "You're decent looking until you open that mouth of yours, then you turn into a scary monster." She cringed and shuddered before they hurried away to find the answers to the rest of the questions. They continued to walk around, answering the questions to the best of their knowledge.

     "There's only five questions left...Oh, we're suppose to watch the sea lion show to answer the rest, come on." Kia quickly motioned for Baekhyun to follow her before walking with the crowd towards the Sea Lion tank. They quickly took two open seats near the front and waited for the audience to fill before the show started. Then they watched and enjoyed the quick show before leaving when it ended.

     "Wahh! That was so cool!" She laughed before clapping her hands together. Baekhyun nodded in agreement as they walked away from the show before Kia unfolded the paper and frowned, "We forgot the last question, 'What's wrtitten on top of the underwater swings.'" Kia paused to try to recall everything. Baekhyun watched her for a moment before smiling and shaking his head, "I'll be back." Then he left and headed back to the Sea Lion tank. Within minutes, he was back shouting the answer, "It's 63 Sea World!" Kia quickly wrote the answer as Baekhyun reached her and then they both took off to the front entrance of the Aquarium ready to receive the answer. They waited impatiently as one of the employers looked through their answers.

     "Well, you guys were so close" The employer started.

     "Ugh..." Kia flung her head back and whined. Then she held out her hand to receive the next set of questions,  "Let's g" She stopped when she saw the envelope before blurting, "Oh my gosh!" Kia looked back at the employer who smiled back at her and Baekhyun, "You guys were so closeto losing." Kia beamed brightly before grabbing Baekhyun again and dragging her out with him while shouting, "Let's go, let's go!" They made it back into the car before she gasped, "What time is it?"

     "Uhh, about 1:40." Baekhyun checked his watch before turning back to her. Kia nodded before opening the envelope,  "Okay...time for our next clue."


Note from Miyoung & Eunae

Woohoo! Yay! New update! (: Agghhh, we're sorry for the long wait! We hope you like it~

~ Miyoung & Eunae