Amazing Race ~ Part 2

❧ ßeəutifuℓ §trəngers [HIATUS]

     They were breathless once they got inside the car before Ashley passed the note to Kris while trying to catch her breath, "Here, read the note." Then she slumped in her seat and groaned, "I think I'm pulling a cramp." She hunched over before clutching her calf. Kris sighed before tearing the envelope open.

     "Dosan Park, find the quote, find your clue." He read out loud before nodding in amusment, "This will be easy." Then he looked over to Ashley before raising a brow, "How's your leg?" His face didn't show it, but she heard the concern in his voice. Ashley stretched her leg in the little space that she had before shrugging it off, "It's fine. What's the quote?"

     "Uhh..." He flipped it over, "Truth always has followers, and justice always has a day of realization. Resists falsehood even if you must face death."  She held out her hand before Kris handed the paper over to her. She started memorizing the quote to make it easier for her to be able to find it before Kris nudged her lightly when the car stopped. She clutched the paper before they both stepped out. Right as they stepped out of the car to observed the park, their faces fell. There were statues everywhere and engravings on everything.

     "This...this might be, umm, a little harder than we thought..." Ashley said quietly and the two of them stared for a moment before she glanced back to Kris as she suggested, "Should we split up?" Kris looked over at her and studied her for a long moment and then shook his head, "Nah, It's too big, I don't want to lose you." Ashley's cheeks flushed red before she quickly looked away while stuttering, "O—Okay."

     "Come on, we'll search each area. We'll start there first." He pointed in a direction before they ran around the park, reading each engraving. They looked around for a long while before taking a five-minute break and then they ran around some more. It wasn't long before they realized that they were running in circles, lost.

     "Hey, why don't we just ask for help? This park's too big..." Ashley panted, trying to catch her breath as she stopped to take another break. While Kris continued walking from statue to statue as he replied, sternly, "No." He walked past her before she rolled her eyes and mumbled to herself, "Why are men so hesitant to ask for help?" Then she stretched slightly before continuing to look for the quote again.

     Ashley started dragging her feet as she followed Kris while he continued to search for the quote, determined to find it. She followed him pass a few more statues before shaking her head. Then she turned and quickly went up to a random person to ask for help. The stranger chuckled before helping her, "That's the most famous quote in the park. It's engraved on a statue facing southwest, in the entrance located in the east end of the park."

     "Kamsahamnida!" Ashley bowed to the man before heading back to find Kris. She picked up a brochure on the way before finding him.

     "Hey Kris?!" She called out before he quickly turned and ran back towards her, "Yeah?" Ashley waved the brochure at him before grinning, "East entrance."

     "I like the way you think...let's go, we've wasted a lot of time here." He smirked before heading towards the direction of the east entrance. Ashley only shook her head and looked at the brochure she picked up. She skimmed it before chuckling, "The flower festival...?" Then she threw the brochure away before running to catch up with Kris.


Eunbi laughed as she stepped inside the car, "That was fun, let's do when we go on our date...maybe." She suddenly got shy.  Lay only smiled, "We're heading to the...SM Building?" He quickly turned the note over, "Walk 2 blocks south from the SM Building. What? That's it?"  Eunbi took the note from him and read it herself.  Lay thought back, "What's 2 blocks down from the building...?" He thought, but gave up after coming up with nothing.

“I guess we’ll just have to wait and see…” Eunbi mumbled a while later.

The two were dropped off right in front of the building then they started down the street.  "Lay-ssi, why don't you put your hood up so people don't recognize you, uh?" Eunbi told him.  "Aniyo, it's fine, they probably will find out sooner or later anyways...but thanks for your concern."  She kept her gaze forward as they approached the end of the street.

"So...what are we-"  Eunbi started before Lay laughed while looking at something.  Eunbi turned her head, "...No way..."  Lay suddenly took her hand, "Come on, it'll be fun. You like to sing right?"  Eunbi reluctantly followed as Lay dragged her up the steps onto the stage.  "We're performing....?" She sighed.

"There's a note here." Lay said sitting down next to a guitar.  "Here's a guitar and 2 microphones. Perform and get a crowd of 30+ people to watch and listen.  Once the amount is reached someone will come up and hand you your next clue. Good Luck!"

"What song should we sing?" Lay immediately asked as he grabbed the guitar and turned the microphone on.  Eunbi slowly went to retrieve the other one.  Lay turned his head and asked her again.

“We can sing Angel, but I only know Korean…” She muttered before he shook his head, “It’s fine, I can sing the Korean version too.”  He started picking his guitar.  It amazed Eunbi at how he can pick up music so quickly.

“Machi amugeotdo moreuneun airo geureoke dashi taeeonan sungan gachi~” Lay started before he turned his head to look at Eunbi.  He gave her an encouraging smile before he held the microphone up to and joined him.

It was hard for them to gather a large crowd.  One, the obvious, once everyone saw Lay, they gathered around the stage and listened, and two, their voices were nice together.

After singing two more songs, someone from the crowd walked up to them and handed them their next clue.

Eunbi was relieved as they got up.  Lay bowed to his fans before he grabbed her hands and quickly ran back to the S.M. Building to get to their next location. 


Note from Miyoung & Eunae

Woohoo! Yay! New update! (: We're sorry for the long wait! We hope you like it~

WE AREE ALIVE!!! :))

We're really truly sorry for the lonnggggg wait!

~ Miyoung & Eunae