Chapter 6: Angels & Gods.

Perfect wings

“We need never be ashamed of our tears.” - Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Ji Yong!

“Don’t do this to me!” I panicked, holding onto Ji Yong. There wasn’t any way I could reach for my phone and hold him at the same time. I glanced around, no one. Why am I so unlucky all the time? He needed help immediately!

“Come’ on, we got to move.” Dongwoon picked up Ji Yong easily, carrying him in fireman carry style. I didn’t know he was that strong. More importantly, where did he appear from? I kneeled there and tried to make sense of everything while Dongwoon was already a few feet away.

“Liz?” Dongwoon turned back as he sensed my absentmindedness. I gazed up at him in a daze, and then snapped back to reality in this emergency situation. Within minutes, we reached my apartment in silence. Ji Yong was set down on the couch, while I rushed my way to grab the first aid box.

“How is he?” I set down the box beside Dongwoon. Dongwoon had already torn Ji Yong’s shirt apart, checking his pulse and temperature with his bare hands.

“Can you please get me a needle?” Dongwoon requested kindly, like always. His calmness allowed him to know clearly what he was doing. Yet, his behavior was unsettling for me. How did he manage to keep his composure right now? Nevertheless, I got him what he requested – needles and string.

“I only need this.” Dongwoon passed over the needle and turned Ji Yong sideways, revealing that two deep unknown scars. “Help me lifting him.”

I obeyed without any complaints, watching his hands work a miracle. As I stabled him, Dongwoon plucked out his strand of hair threading it into the needle. Skillfully and swiftly, he patched Ji Yong’s wounds in seconds. By the time he finished both cuts, they were not bleeding anymore. In fact, it was starting to heal right now.

“He’s going to be alright as long as his fever subsides.” Dongwoon smiled, wrapping up his bandage.

“Alright,” I answered in a state of confusion. All these happened so fast that my brain wasn’t able to register any information.

“You have a lot of question to ask, I suspect?” Dongwoon grinned, picking up all the trash and used cotton buds. He headed to the kitchen sink, getting his hands washed. My eyes followed each and every movement he made. Dongwoon grinned in amusement, as he leaned against the counter top. “I am a guest of this house, serve me some water. That’s basic concept of my café; I believe you hadn’t forgotten right?”

Once again, I obeyed every word he said. It’s just so persuasive. I sat down with him on the dining table, facing each other. I was on defensive mode. He sips in the cup of water, his eyes filled with grieve. Why…

“Not going to bombard me with millions of questions?” Dongwoon set down the cup, adjusting his position. He’s back to himself, not the stranger I saw a while ago. His eyes now flowed with a sincere vibe. No matter how much I wanted to deny, but he was still him.

“I… I…” Why couldn’t I ask him? Where were all those doubts I had of him?

“Don’t worry; I’m still the Dongwoon you used to know.” He gave a comforting smile.

“Why did you use your hair as a thread?” I asked timidly. He let out a chuckle, smiling at my silliness.

“It’s easier to sew through the wound and at the same time it will heal it. My hair in particular,” His fingers ruffled through his smooth blonde hair. My mouth hung in confusion. “Angel’s hairs have the ability to heal.”

Angel’s hair…

What?! Angel’s hair? Dongwoon’s hair? What’s the realtion? Wait… Oh! He’s an angel?! I’m going to lose my mind. A god who I met on the streets and now, an angel as a working companion? What’s next? A demon who came crashing straight into my house to announce his arrival?!

“Stop, I don’t want to…”

“Don’t be afraid,”

“No, no…”

“Well, I am an angel.”

“I am your angel, to be exact.” Dongwoon smiled, genuinely happy about the fact. My mouth open to speak, yet shut again not knowing what to say. “I have been with you for your whole life, whether pleasant or not. Everyone who is born on Earth will have a guardian angel with them. Only gifted ones are able to see us, however, on rare instance they are able to communicate with us.”

“Angels and gods? Please spare me from any Greek myths.” I pleaded, my head spun in disorientation.

“I know it’s hard for you because of what you had been through, but,” Dongwoon reached out for my trembling hands. “Trust me; I will be here through thick and thin.”

Doubts, questions and sweetness…

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sighs. AFF crashed yet again.

Amuch as I love AFF, but to keep crashing on us just like that isn't to my liking. Ah well, the admin should be working his best in repairing everything & provide us the best website. Hopes everything returns to normal.

Anyway, CONGRATS ON BEAST'S WIN ON M COUNTDOWN! SO PROUD!^^

Enjoy the chapter & the weekend ahead!^^ Party!