Chapter 10: More truths!

Perfect wings

“What are you doing here?!” I stood up, pointing accusingly. Ji Yong got up too, in stance to fight with him. However, staggered within seconds, and leaned against me for support. I rolled my eyes at him, so much for someone who wanted to fight. Dongwoon stayed in his position, smiling.

“Chill, I came in peace today.” Baro raised his hands in surrender. “I’m not here to arrest anyone but the invitation of Dongwoon here.”

“You must be joking.” Ji Yong snickered, still maintaining his defenses.

“Or I could seize you, right now?” Baro teased, as he pulled out red strings out of thin air.

“Enough, Baro, you know you have limited time here.” Dongwoon warned.

“Alright, alright~” Baro slumped himself onto the armchair near the balcony, making himself at home. Then he pulled out an ageyo,“Cake please?”

“The usual?” Dongwoon was already on the way to the fridge.

“Thank you,” Baro handed the chocolate cake over, munching it with glee. “I would like to say, my loyalty remains with Lady Persephone and no one else. Don’t expect me to help.”

“Aren’t you Hades’ man?” Ji Yong was jaw dropped by the fact.

“No, of course not!” Baro huffed in annoyance. “Who would want to work for that greedy old fart?”

“I totally agree with you on that.” Ji Yong murmured.

“Anyway, I only came because of my dearest lady here.” Baro his lips deliciously, as he cleared the dessert. “Ten years ago, I was instructed to find and destroy the prophecy under Lady Persephone’s order. Not even I knew the real contents of the prophecy. When I found the witch who picked up the prophecy, she was dead. Could you do me a kind favor to recite out the prophecy?”

“Seek the child of sun,
where your journey begun.
Two shall perish & die.
Born as soon as daybreak,
listen to her cries quake.”

I recited, ending with a sigh. This was the fate I was thrown into, made to believe and caused my life. I hate it with all I had, seeing it as jinx in my life. The three guys sunk into deep thoughts after hearing those words. Silence filled the room, for a little too long…

“You guys are going to turn into some statute if you don’t talk now.” I toyed with my own hair due to the boredom. Ji Yong totally ignored my comments, making no signs of speaking. Baro just stared into blank space, hoping this would be over as soon as possible.

“Would you like some warm chocolate cake?” Dongwoon chuckled softly and the only one who bothered to respond. I nodded excitedly, knowing how heavenly his cake tasted. Dongwoon took all the cups and headed back to his open concept kitchen.

“So, what happened after you found the witch?” I directed the question to Baro.

“Hmm…As I traced my leads towards you, Hades’ man was on your heels too. So, I came up with a plan with Lady Persephone and deceived the Hades and to cut story short, that’s how I ended up hunting that guy over there.” Baro nodded, as he got up and stretch. Then, he gave a sly smile, muttering. “I’ll be gone then.”

“Ah, I see.” I nodded in agreement, as if everything made sense. AS IF. “No, no, wait, don’t move! Don’t you dare leave without explaining anything on my family!”

“Are they even your family? You left them as soon as you saw the signs!” Baro pouted accusingly, folding his arms in a childish way. That’s it. Anger and furry burned inside me. At that moment, I didn’t care if he was a devil or not. He just pissed me off.

I charged towards Baro, not armed with any weapon. A tight slap was all I could land on Baro before my human reaction was too dense up against gods. Ji Yong locked me in place, dragging me away from the devil. My breathing deepened as I tried to control my anger.

Baro’a face swell in an instant, he too, tried to ignore his frustrations. Dongwoon was once again in between us, protecting and preventing what’s going to come.

“Baro, you shouldn’t have…” Dongwoon frowned.

“No, I should, I should have killed all of them, actually.”

With those last words, he stretched his black wings and flew into the bright daylight.

“Let go.” I warned, but got no respond.

“I said let go.” I emphasized every single word. Ji Yong freed his arm, not being able to fight my anger with his injured self. They both watched as I stormed out in a fit. I took each step with all the strength I had. Every word that Baro got out of his mouth was wrong, utterly nonsensical.

“How could he? What did he know about me? He’s just some devil! Not human! No humanity!” I swear under my breath, not exactly sure where I was heading to. This wasn’t even my neighborhood. Damn it! If not for Baro’s destruction, I would have been sleeping comfortably in my room. I shouldn’t have participated in this drama. I should have shut all those nonsense out.

“Move, Miss!” I glanced up, just in a nick of time to see a large metal steel bar falling down.

How much perfect could my life get…?


Hey guys!!

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates because of my life has been driving me nuts & I'm so exhausted mentally.

I apologize!!^^ But, how are you guys?!^^ Anything interesting happening?(: 

Anyway, the story is getting a little more nad more complicated. I'm still trying to figure my way out, so that it doesn't get too...boring? I hope!^^

Plus, if you guys feel the "prophecy" , tell me. It's my first time writing one.HAHAHA.

Enjoy the story! & do criticize/ suggest about the story alright! Thanks guys, (Y)!