Chapter 3: The circle of trust

Perfect wings

“Not the power to remember, but it’s very opposite, the power to forget, is a necessary condition for our existence.”

― Sholem Asch

“Ailsie!” My sister, Penelope shook me. Her eyes searched into mine for answers and an explanation. She knew, as she noticed the light in my eyes. “What do you know?! Tell me!”

“I don’t know!” I yelled back, running away.

I shot right up from my bed, greeting the morning with beads of sweat. Warm light shone through the full length windows in my bedroom, and fresh air filled the room like it would every single morning. Recalling back the dream, I buried my head into my knees, rocking myself back and forth. I wished my brain would stop remembering the past. Tears reddened my eyes, falling at its will. No, I’m not her anymore…

*Knock Knock*

My head shot back up, focus now on the door. I live alone and there shouldn’t be anyone… Till yesterday that was. I wiped away those tears as I flipped over the covers. Dealing with him was the last thing I needed this morning. I wrenched open the door to find Ji Yong or Icarus. Now, which name should I call?!

“Morning,” He greeted brightly, still in is clothes pants he wore yesterday.

“Hi,” I greeted back, trying to sound like I usually do. “What’s up?”

Ji Yong was about to open his mouth, but noticed those teary eyes. I looked away, avoiding any eye contact with him. Silence followed as he examined me, trying to find the reason for my tears. Stop; just stop staring whoever you are.

“If you have nothing, I’ll go wash up.” I mumbled, walking pass him to get to the toilet across my room.

“Wait,” He yanked my wrist, twirling me around and into his arms. I froze in shock. What was he doing? I was in contact with his bare skin; electric sparked in my body.

“What are you doing?” I asked pointedly.

“A hug will always stop tears from falling. Forget and let all the bad things go away.” He spoke, barely above a whisper. I softened, yet still awkward about the sudden embrace.

“And, I made breakfast for you,” He let go, scratching his neck in embarrassment. “I am in need of a shirt too, if you don’t mind.”

“Give me a second.” I duck back into my room to look for a shirt. In the end, I picked out an oversized black tee for him. Black is the colour for all people, right?

“The toilet is there,” I pointed to the smaller room across us.

“Thanks,” He took the shirt, turning away. That two deep wound was still visible on his skin. Though I applied and bandaged it with the best medication I had, it seemed like it’s not healing as well as the other wounds were. Somehow, those wounds made me fear him and at the same time pity him.

After his turn in the bathroom, I washed up quickly and changed out of my sleeping attire. Sitting down at the dining table, yet an awkward atmosphere surrounded us. Flash backs of us hugging kept rewinding in my mind, causing a blush on my face. I shook those weird images in my head, digging into my breakfast which was pretty awesome.

“You hadn’t told me your name yet.” Ji Yong asked as he sat with his cup of orange juice. Where’s his share of breakfast?

“Liz,” I mumbled along with the food in my mouth.

“Liz?” He reapeated with a questioning look, then turning that frown into a gentle smile. “It’s a name I always admired.”

I blushed even further, this was the first time someone praised my name.

“So, what do I call you? Ji Yong or Icarus?” I tried to change the topic.

“I’m perfectly fine with either one.” He shrugged. I nodded in consent, digging back into my breakfast. He chuckled softly as the breakfast continued in silence. I stared at him, millions of questions going round in my head. Really, who exactly was he? Why should I believe him so easily? How could my heart forget about that so soon?

“I shouldn’t have…” I sighed, blurting out my thoughts out loud.

“What? You still don’t trust me?” Ji Yong raised his brows in suspicion. My face reddened, embarrassed of my silly thoughts after all that brain washing yesterday.

“No… I…It’s just…” I stuttered. “There are things I’m curious about.”

“Just ask, I will answer all of it, Ailise.” Ji Yong set down his cup, smirking.

WHAT?!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Confusing much?hehe. ^^ This is just the beginning!!

BEAST IS BACK!Beautiful night is so AWESOMEEEEEEEE~

BoA is also damn awesome with her song 'only one'! Go watch it guys!!!

Thanks for the awesomeeeeeeeee comments toooooo!~<3

hehe.too much awesome-ness in my life.