Chapter 2: Greek myth - Daedalus & Icarus

Perfect wings

If I wear a mask I can fool the world, but I cannot fool my heart. - Mulan

“What does that even mean?” I frowned, expecting something more impressive than that. It’s just a change of name. But, wait, Icarus was indeed a familiar name. Icarus? Where had I heard it?

*Flashback*

“Mummy! I want to a bed time story!” I ran into my mother’s arms.

“My dearest princess, what would you like to hear?” Mother welcomed me into her embrace, carrying me upstairs to bed.

“I want those old stories you always tell me!” I yelled excitedly as she placed me down on my bed gently. She tucked me into bed, before settling down herself. Instead of princess stories that every mother tell their children, I love my mother’s stories on ancient Greek myth.  

“Once, there’s an old myth from Greek, about a hero who flew on wings made of wax. He thought he could touch the sun but when he got too close and his wings melted. He came crashing back down to earth.” Mother started the story briefly.

“What’s his name, Mummy?” I pouted at the sad story.

“His name was Icarus.”

*End*

“Icarus?! The Icarus from Greek myth or do you have the same name with him?” I pointed in shock and confusion. He nodded slowly, that same smirk strike cross his serious face then regained back his posture.

“I am Icarus, son of Daedalus.” Kwon Ji Yong or Icarus whoever he was, introduced himself.

“Wait, wait, no one could possibly live for so long. Plus, you exist in Greek mythology, not in the real world.” I retorted back, my brain was unable to process the information.

“Yes to your first question and no, to your second question.” He frowned. Well, like that helped clear up the confusion. I stood with my hands on my hips, demanding an unambiguous answer from him.

“Do you want to sit down first? It’s going to be a long story.” Kwon Ji Yong indicated me to sit. I heaved a sigh, flopping myself on the seat away from him. Did I just invite a bad guy into my house?

“Which version of my story have you heard?”

“Icarus is son of Daedalus who dared to fly too near the sun on wings of feathers and wax. Daedalus was imprisoned by King Minos of Crete within the walls of the Labyrinth. In order to escape, he made two pairs of wings by adhering feathers to a wooden frame with wax. Giving one pair to his son, he cautioned him that flying too near the sun would cause the wax to melt. But Icarus became ecstatic with the ability to fly and forgot his father's warning. The feathers came loose and Icarus plunged to his death in the sea.” I recalled the story that my mother last told me.

“Walking centuries on Earth, indeed that is the version you should have heard of.” Ji Yong nodded in agreement. It was still weird to hear a creature that ‘walked’ on Earth for millions of years. I shook my head, shaking away an uneasy feeling in me. “However, that’s only partly true.”

“What’s the real story then?” I asked urgently.

“Be patient,” He chuckled. “Well, I did fly near the sun and the wax melted and I plunged into the sea. In that near death experience, I met the Hades, ruler of underworld. Hades and I made a pact and I was revived again. Since then, I lived using another identity because I know my father will be safe. No one could punish him for those wings, instead appreciate for his craftsman.” His face crumpled in pain, recalling back memories that imprinted in his brain for centuries.

“For years, I have been trying to complete this…quest Hades challenged me to.” Ji Yong continued solemnly, before I could ask any question. “That’s how I landed in that state on the road side, till you helped me out.”

I grimaced; too much information was thrown at me. Questions and questions swirled in my mind. His story made sense, yet it seemed like that there were lots of loopholes. Pinching the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. As I analysed the situation, no doubt I believe Greek myths. However, the seriousness of this wasn’t something I could handle myself. Cautious was the only lesson I valued all my life.  

 “What’s your name?” Ji Yong took the momentary silence to ask. I released my hands, opening my eyes. Staring at him, I tried to figure him out.

“Give me a reason to help you.” I frowned.

He sighed deeply, standing up weakly. I stood up too, startled by his sudden actions.

“Where are you going?” I confronted him.

“Since you don’t believe me, so be it. I’m leaving.”

“No!” I blocked him with both arms outstretched. He raised his brows questioningly. “It’s not that I don’t believe. It’s just… I’m a jinx. Things happened in the past. You might just die if you stay.”

“I’m not afraid.” His innocent smile plastered brightly on his face once again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back once again!^^

Totally spazzing B2st Midnight these days. Looking forward to their comeback!!

Anyway, thanks for all the recommendation. But, somehow, I ended up with Ji Yong (G.Dragon)

Let me explain... I need someone who has strong leadershop & motivation & daring. Though he doesn't have much abs,he still suits the image of the sadistic hero? Plus, he's cute (HELLYEAH!) So, guys, don't bash me! I'm REALLY SORRY T.T

Do comment anyway!^^ <3