Sneaking Out

I love you, but you love my blood.

"Now, remember what we've talked about." Minho says. Jonghyun nods and leans against the wall. "What was it again?" he asked acting as if he had forgotten. Jonghyun rolled his eyes, "Watch my temper..." he grumbles. "Good. Don't want Hyo Rin to get hurt, now do we? I think it's best for you to stay down here for a little bit. Just until tensions lower." Minho says and starts to make his way back up the stairs. Jonghyun huffed and slid down the wall. 

"He's right. I might end up hurting her... or even killing her." He shuttered at his thoughts. He tries to swallow, but the lump in his throat was blocking the way. He rubs his face trying to prevent his tears to fall. He pushes himself up and walks towards the stairs. As he is at the edge of the first step, he turns around looks back down the corridor and back to the stairs. " it. I need to see her, even for just a second. I need to know if she's okay." he quickly makes his way up the stairs. 

When he reaches the top he quickly looks around. He is relieved and briskly made his way to Hyo Rin's room. He takes a quick look around and quietly opens her door. Shocked that he didn't see her in bed, he swings the door open. Then he sees her looking out the window at the snow falling. "Jongie... is that you?" she whispers. "Ne. I'm sorry." he whispers back. "I know you are..."

He hugs her from behind and rest his head on her shoulder. She smiles a little, "Do you remember that one time we walked through the park in the winter?" she asks as she ruffled his hair. "Mhmm..." he answers as he inhaled her scent. "I miss that." she leans her head on his. He lets go of her and walks over to the closet and rummages through it. "What are you doing?" She asks walking over to him. 

He pulls out a coat and a scarf. "Put this on." he said holding the coat out to her. She quickly put it on, "Are we going somewhere?" she asked looking up at him. He nodded and wrapped the scarf around her neck. He grabs her hand and leads her out to the front door. They slip on their shoes and head out. Little did they know, Taemin was watching the whole time.

They walk down the sidewalk in silence. "Oh!" Jonghyun speaks up, reaching into his coat pocket. "Here." he hands her a pair of gloves. She puts them on and wraps her arm back on his. "My hands must be pretty cold, yeah?" he chuckles. "Yeah, but I don't mind." she smiles at him and entwines her fingers with his. They walk in silence, listening to the snow fall around them. 

They reach the same park, but it was dark and only lit up by the street lights. "Sorry that it's not the same as it was..." he says trailing off. "It's alright. It doesn't matter as long as you're here." she replies leaning her head on his shoulder. He smiles from her reply, thinking she was going to say something completely different. He leads her to a bench and brushes off the snow. They sit down and she scoots closer to him. 

"I'm sorry that I'm not nice and warm for you." his hand rubs up and down her back. She laughs a little, "You don't need to be sorry. Quit apologizing, okay?" she reassure him and kisses his cheek. He closes his eyes, "I can't help it. There is so much to apologize for." his hand forms into a fist. She puts her hand on his fist, "Like what?" she looks at his eyes. His eyes fly open and look straight into her eyes. "Everything." he lifts his hand and caresses her cheek. She shakes her head, "No..." she whispered and pushed his hand away.

She stood up"No more apologizing. For whatever happened in the past or what happens now." she raised her voice and started to walk away. He grabs her arm, "Would you rather me forget about it?" he tightens his grasp. "Yes, cause I don't want to feel the pain of the reminder." she hangs her head and tears threaten to leave her eye. He pulls her back to him and turns her around. "Okay, I won't apologize anymore." He hugs her tightly. He looks up and notices Taemin watching from across the street.