3 AM

I love you, but you love my blood.

Hyo Rin finds it hard to fall back asleep. The growls and shouts from outside her room didn't help either. It was quite now though. She wasn't sure if she should step outside or just stay under the covers. She looks at the clock on the side table, 3:23 am. She sighs and closes her eyes. Her mind wonders and tries to smother her with the worst possible. The thoughts of death. The terrible things that these vampires could do to her. What if she made them snap? Would she die a painful tragic death? Or would they kill her in an instant?

"My parents must think I'm dead now. It's like I disappeared off the face of the earth." she sighed. She felt terrible for her parents. She knew how much they loved her, and now she's gone without a trace. Tears started rolling down her face. Unhappiness is all that came to her ever since she came here. "I want to go home..." she whispered into the pillow. She felt like screaming. Her emotions were bottled up inside, threatening to come out. She rolls around in frustration. "I want to pull my hair out." she says pulling her hair, then slams her face back down on the pillow.

After a few minutes, she sat up and sighed. She looked at the clock again, 3:46 am. She flops back onto the bed and whines. "Why is it so hard to fall back asleep?" and gets out of bed. She slowly opens her door and pokes her head out before leaving. No one is around. She steps out and closes her door behind her. "Can't sleep?" a voice comes from behind her. She jumps and quickly looks behind her. It was only Key. She lets out a sigh of relief, "Key you scared me!" she says holding her hand against her chest. 

"What are you doing up?" He asks stepping closer. She gave him a confused look, "Wouldn't you know?" she questions him. "No. Did something happen while I was gone?" he asked concerned. She looks around and grabs his wrist and drags him into her room. She closes the door behind her and sits back down on her bed. "What is it?!" He raises his voice. She looked directly into his eyes, "Calm down and I'll tell you." with that said he sat next to her and loosened up. 

"I had a nightmare..." she started, "About what?" he interrupts her. "Uhm, Jonghyun." she mumbles. He nods "As expected, go on." She swallows, "I woke up screaming, and Taemin came in to comfort me. Then Jonghyun came in and threw him against the wall an-and.."she stutters trying to catch her breath. "I think he would have killed him I didn't say anything." she says running her fingers through her hair and pulling her knees to her chest. "I see." He says with a straight face. "If you don't mind me asking... What happened in that dream of yours?" He asks.

She sighs, "Well it was nice in the beginning. It was like how it was before we broke up and all of this happened. Then it just got creepy. I saw him commit suicide. I couldn't do anything to save him. Then he died in my arms and suddenly he became a vampire. And then he started my blood, like I was nothing. Until I was completely dry and dead." she shivers and starts to sniffle. 

"Now now, don't start crying." he consoles her. "Haven't you done enough? I can tell you don't have any tears left to cry anyway." he adds. She looks up at him confused. "Your emotions are really loud. You're always unhappy here, I know that. You weren't even that happy when you saw Jonghyun again." he reveals. Her jaw drops, "You can sense my emotions?"

Key chuckles, "Yeah. Not the sixth sense that I would have chose." he rubs the back of his head. "That's really cool though." she manages a smile. "I guess so." he shrugs. "Do the others have that too?" she curiously asks. "Only I have this, the others have different ones. Like Taemin, he can read minds. Minho, he is super fast. Onew, he is aware of everything going on around him. And Jonghyun, he is very strong." he explains. 

"Oh." she nods. "Anyways, you should try to get some rest. You'll have bags." he smiles a bit and gets up. He reaches for the doorknob. "Key?" she speaks up. "Yes?" he turns an looks at her. "Thank you, for listening." she smiles. "Anytime." he smiles back and leaves.