Dark Angel?

I love you, but you love my blood.

As the sunset disappears, the darkness rapidly fills in the sky. The only sources of light are the moon and the street lights surrounding the city. People are arriving home from the engrossed work day. The only one out on the street was Hyo Rin, walking home alone from finishing her research at the library.

 “It’s pretty chilly and dark. I need to stop studying so late. I’m going to catch a cold if I keep this up.” She thought. It felt as no one was around for miles an miles. It was silent, like walking through a graveyard. Hyo Rin kept her pace up in fear of someone following. She turns to look behind her. No one. She sighs in relief. “I’m so paranoid.” She nagged at her absurdity.

 The sound of footsteps surrounded her. They sounded like they were approaching, but still sounded so far away. She looked around once again, still no one. Her pace quickened as her breath became heavier. Suddenly she felt cold hands on her waist. She gasps as she heard a deep chuckle in her ear. “Don’t be afraid my love, I just want to play..” he laughs chillingly.

Her heart begins to race franticly. “I couldn’t help but follow your enticing scent.” He smirks. He turns her around and tilts Hyo Rin’s chin up. His thumb nail grew sharp and he glides it across her lower lip. Her lip is now drenched in warm thick blood. His eyes changed from gold to crimson. She lets out a scream, but he engulfs her lip causing her scream to fade.

 She begins to lose consciousness from him hastily her blood. The feeling wasn’t pain, it was actually pleasure. The thoughts of death ran through her mind. She felt okay with dying this way since it wasn’t so common nor painful. The suction stops, she collapses down to the pavement. Heavy sinister growls erupt around her. Followed by sounds of glass shattering and car sirens going off. She’s suddenly lifted by a much more powerful presence than the other.

 She didn’t dare to open her eyes to see the presence that is carrying her. For she was afraid of it, but she felt safe around it. She still didn't trust this presence. Unexpectedly, she meets the pavement once again. She goes unconscious.

Next Morning: 

 She wakes up in an unfamiliar bed. It was quite a lot more lavish than her own bed at home.  She turned to see a bedside table with tea that was still steaming hot and a lonely flower in a glass vase. The curtains where tightly shut not letting any source of sunlight through. The bookcase was fully shelved, not one book was sticking out or misplaced.

 There were no pictures of people on the walls, just scenery from different places around the world.  One dresser with a matching full body mirror next to it stood at the end of the bed. Only one dim lamp was in the corner of the room to give it light.

 She pushes herself up and reaches for the tea. She inhaled the smell, “Mmm...” she blows on it and sips a little bit of it. She sets it back down and covers back up. “Why do these people keep it so cold in here..” she shivers. She suddenly realizes what happened last night and ran over to the mirror.

 Her eyes widen at how pale she looked. She had dark bruises all over her skin. She looks at her lip, no scar from where he had cut her. She runs her hands over her head and finds that some places are sore. The door handle starts to turn, she bolts back into the bed and hides herself from whoever or whatever was coming in.

 “Don’t be afraid, you don’t have to hide from me.” a smooth male voice says. Hyo Rin slowly slides the blankets away from her face. In front of her is a pale man with flawless facial features. His eyes were gold, lips were rosy and plump, his nose was smooth, and his jaw line was like it was sculpted by Michelangelo himself.

 “How are you feeling?” He asks melodically. She was so captivated by his presence, she could hardly throw words out. She nods slightly. He lets out a chuckle, “Am I that intimidating? You can speak can’t you?”

 “W-who are you?” She stutters under her breath.