Thank you

My Bodyguard Princess

"KAI HYUUNNNNNNGGGG!!!!" Sehun wailed.

Kai brightened at the sight of his dongsaeng as the latter flung himself towards his older cousin and sobbed loudly. "Tiger was huuuuuuuge!" Sehun whined. "I was soooooo scared I thought I was going to dieeeeee!!!"

Kai heaved a sigh of relief, seeing Sehun back in one piece. The sun had already set and it was quite dark. Dahae wasn't exactly the best person to look for when you had troubles, and the strange duo that had been left in the tent made Kai even more worried than before.

He had already been thinking up his speech on how to apologize to Sehun's parents, which were also his uncle and aunt, and decided to go vegetarian if Sehun was really lost for good.

He let his muscles relax slightly, hugging his dongsaeng back. He looked around his hyungs questioningly and Suho nodded back. "He's not hurt." he mouthed.

Kai nodded, relieved. Thank goodness.

"Yah get off me." Kai finally muttered after Sehun had been crying and wailing, rubbing all snot and tears onto his perfectly good robe. He was concerned for Sehun of course, but Kai wasn't someone who showed it.

Sehun pouted, finally calming down slightly. "Meanie." he huffed, pouting. "I neeeeeearly dieeeeeeed hyung!"

Kai raised a brow. "But you're okay right now so get it over and done with." he flicked Sehun's head. "Your umma's going to be humilitated to know their son's still crying at the ripe old age of 18." he shook his head.

Sehun seemed to listen to Kai's words and he wiped his tears away. He nodded and thumped his own chest. "Neh. I am a man now!" he declared proudly, forgetting how his tear stains were contradicting his very words.

D.O. chuckled. "Yeah yeah you're the most manly of us all besides Baekhyun hyung since you two are the only ones with near-death experiences to boast of."

Sehun looked over at Byul, his eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank you for saving me Byul noona." he grinned. "I'm sorry I didn't catch a tiger for you and you had to save me from one instead, but thanks for saving my life, noona."

Byul laughed and fixed Sehun's hat. "Arraso. Start from catching a deer first, won't you?"

Sehun looked at Byul, determined. "I will show you how thankful I am because of today, Noona!" he exclaimed. "I will show it to the whole world!"

 

 

He really did.

The next morning found Baekhyun and Byul in his quarters, a little too tired from the previous day's drama to move their butts and go out. Baekhyun was lying on the wooden couches while Byul sat on a stood, yawning.

"That was really brave of you to save Sehun yesterday." Baekhyun muttered despite himself. He didn't like praising people especially Byul, but he couldn't deny that this girl was a lifesaver. His for a few times, and now Sehun's.

Byul shrugged. "It's my job."

"No it isn't. You are supposed to save the Crown Prince from any dangers but it didn't include the other princes as well." Baekhyun shook his head, looking at her. "You really didn't have to risk your own safety to help him."

Byul blinked. "But what would I have done? Stand there with you guys and watch Sehun-gun struggle?" she asked. She shook her head, shuddering at the thought. "That's just cold-blooded. I can't do it."

Baekhyun smiled, softening. "I know."

He really did know. Because spending so much time with his bodyguard that rarely left his side, he found out that Byul was really soft hearted despite her cool and strong outer appearance. They were on better terms now, but when they were still quarrelling and hating each other more intensely in the past, that didn't deter her from saving his so many times.

And the thing was that Han Eunbyul didn't do it because it was her job, despite what she might say.

Baekhyun knew that Byul did it for him, for Sehun, for all of them. Because she cared. And that somewhat touched him.

"But if you just made a sound," Baekhyun shivered involuntarily, thinking of the possibilities if that happened. He gulped. "As much as I dislike you Han Eunbyul, that would be a nightmare."

Byul grinned. "I'm too fabulous to miss huh?" she teased.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but the smile never left his face. Perhaps...perhaps if she left, he would miss her. Perhaps.

But he would never admit that to her, over his dead body.

Baekhyun was just about to make some witty comment back, when the doors burst opened. Baekhyun and Byul sat up in surprise. The servants hadn't announced anyone's arrival.

"BYUL NOONA!!!" a squealing voice revealed just who it was that had arrived at the residence. Sehun hurled himself over to Byul like a ball of handsome-ness, and curled beside her, grinning sweetly. "Annyeong Byul noona~ My life saviour."

Byul pinked. "Don't call me that, Sehun-gun."

"But you are, noona!" Sehun stressed. He grinned at Byul, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "And we have a surprise for you!"

Byul blinked, looking over to Baekhyun for answers. He shrugged, but Byul could see that he knew what was going on. The other princes filed into the room and dragged Byul out of the door, ignoring her godly strength and protests.

"Yah Ddong-ha, you know what's going on right?" Byul demanded over D.O.'s shoulder as D.O. and Chanyeol held on to both her sides and dragged her with them.

Baekhyun shrugged innocently. "My job was just to keep you in the house until everything was ready." he blinked cutely. "Don't blame me for anything."

Byul frowned and shot a look at Chanyeol. "You. Tell me." she demanded, not liking how she wasn't in the light of things.

Chanyeol just laughed and patted her head. "Wait and see Byul."

The princes hauled Byul out of Baekhyun's quarters and made their way to the Hyangweonjeong Pavilion that sat beside the beautiful lake.

gyeongbokgung01.jpg

When they got to it, Sehun beamed brightly at Byul. "Are you ready, noona?" he asked, obviously excited.

Byul stared at the door, not knowing what to expect inside. "Uhm, what if I say I'm not?" she squeaked.

"SURPRISEEEE!!!" Sehun threw the door open ignoring Byul's words and pushed her inside. Byul blinked in surprise at the interior of the pavilion. The inside had been completely changed, having colorful satin and silk cloths hung up as decorations at the ceiling.

There was a large table put in the middle, and that was where all the good stuff were.

By good stuff I meant food. Yes, a dozen different dishes were placed on the table like they were having some sort of party or feast, and the sight was really something to behold. It was like a private party for royalty, except Byul wasn't royal.

What drew her attention was the figure in the middle of the table.

It was a sculpture of a female guard, wielding her bow and arrow, her hair seemingly flapping in the wind. And the most exciting thing was that it was made of food! Carved out of watermelon and carrots!

Byul took a closer look and found with surprise that the female's guard's face was actually hers. It was so beautifully crafted, so delicate, so gorgeous.

"How do you like it, Byul?" Chanyeol grinned. "Piece of art huh?"

Byul nodded, still agape. "When...how...?"

Suho laughed. "We made Baekhyun-gun hold you at his quarters while we prepared all these, Byul." he explained. "The food was pretty easy since we asked the kitchen and we got these decorative items. As for the sculpture..." he grinned over to the two cousins. "Chanyeol and Baekhyun both paid the sculptor enormous amounts to have it done by today."

Byul looked over at Chanyeol and Baekhyun in surprise. "And you two didn't say anything?" she accused.

"Hey, it's meant to be a surprise." Baekhyun retorted. "We can't tell you that we're going to surprise you right? That's retarded."

Chanyeol chuckled. "Yeah. It's worth it, for you."

Byul looked at the princes, smiling gratefully. "Thank you so much. This is the most anyone has ever done for me." she softened. "I really don't know what to say."

Sehun grinned and hugged her. "Just don't leave forever and ever Byul noona! Tolerate it if Baekhyun hyung's being horrible, or you can just become my bodyguard instead!" he beamed.

Baekhyun threw one of the hard boiled eggs and it hit Sehun on the head. "OWWWW Hyung you trying to murder me after my near death yesterday?"

"I'm never horrible, Sehun." Baekhyun pouted.

"Yeah cause you're worse than horrible." Kai muttered. He looked over at Byul with kind eyes. "Thank you, Byul, for saving Sehun. Maybe someday in the future he'll annoy the hell out of me and I'll curse you for saving him, but at the moment, our whole family holds you in high regard. Thank you."

Everyone clapped and Byul teared a little. She was just about to say something back when Sehun interrupted her. "Yah I'm not annoying!" he finally figured what Kai was talking about.

"You are, always." Kai rolled his eyes. "Will you shut up and let's just eat, you toot?"

"No! I'm not a toot, what ever that is. And I'm not annoying!"

...

Byul chuckled to herself. Somehow that reminds her of Baekhyun and herself. And similarly, even if they quarrel and bicker all the time, she isn't going to leave any time soon because she cared enough.

 

 

-----

Hello! It's been some time, I'm terribly busy and I know my updates are getting slower and slower. Mianhae everyone. Just bear with me till the end of november when my exams end and I'll have 8 months of holiday WHOOHOO~~~

So yeah. Besides being completely laden with work, my stupid brain keeps springing new story ideas and I've collected some which I want to write about. And so yesh, Imma start one soon. (I hope)

So yeah, you guys are going to have a say to who's to be featured in my next fic (: Please take the poll!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/31381

Thanks and I love you guys alot! Just two months more!! HEHE