Plans

My Bodyguard Princess

"We have to get paper and brushes, oppa." Byul looked at Eunhyuk. "We have to get the letter to EXO-M princes."

Eunhyuk nodded. He had changed to his usual guard uniform and pretended he was going along with Lord Park's plans as he slipped out with the other guards.

He nodded back at Byul and Suho who were hiding in the bushes. They would never have thought that they needed hide in the Palace which was supposed to be their home.

They watched as Eunhyuk go, into a sea of masks and bribery where no one could be sure if you were a friend or a foe.

Byul sighed and leaned against a tree. "What happened?" she whispered desperately. "Just two days ago we were laughing and havin fun together. Now there's nothing I really know and no one I can trust besides you and Eunhyuk oppa."

Suho nodded, feeling the same grief. "I didn't think the guards and maids would be that easy to buy over." he muttered, frowning.

He looked at her. "Don't you think there could be some other guards and ministers that are still in the dark? That they don't know what has happened and they are just going on with their lives as per normal?"

"You mean like the King and Queen?" Byul asked.

Suho nodded. "There might be petty ministers that would easily sway in their stand when offered with money. But I know for sure there are some who are loyal to the King. There must be some who are on our side."

Byul tapped her chin. "And we have to try to get their support and cooperation as well?" she brightened. "And maybe we can then defeat the Parks!"

Suho nodded excitedly. They wanted nothing more than for life to return to its normal form. Suho wanted his friends back, especially Chanyeol. Byul wanted Baekhyun back safe and sound.

The two of them talked in hushed whispers and occasionally slipping into silent moments as they thought of the peace and happiness from before. Around an hour passed before Eunhyuk came back.

He had a paper and brush in his hand together with an ink stone, but his expression was what made Suho and Byul sit up in alarm.

"What happened?" Byul asked anxiously, knowing Eunhyuk so well to figure that something had happened.

Eunhyuk his lips. "The King and Queen. They have been captured." he whispered in shock.

Byul and Suho looked at each other with wide eyes. What would happen to the country now?

"We've got to save them." Suho whispered. "But how?" he liked at Eunhyuk. "Are there any ministers against this? How about Minister Jung? He's always been loyal to the King."

Eunhyuk bit his lip. "Lord Park lied that the King and Queen are feeling unwell. He forbids Minister Jung from seeing them but I think the minister suspects something is wrong."

Suho paced around, thinking. "We've got to ask Minister Jung for help then." he muttered. He snatched the brush and paper from Eunhyuk and viciously spat on the inkstone to grind the ink, seemingly unprincely behavior but he didn't care anymore.

He scribbled a quick letter and gave it to Eunhyuk, together with a coin purse from his robe. "Use these money and take the fastest ferry to Japan. Go to the Palace in Tokyo to look for EXO-M. Get the letter there with whatever means you have, as fast as you can. Arraso?"

Eunhyuk nodded. He saluted, his face grim. "Yes sir!" he ran off quickly, climbing a tree and disappearing over a wall.

Suho looked back at Byul. "And now, our task is to find Minister Jung."

 

 

 

They found the particular minister at his own residence in the Capital city. It was rather difficult weaving through the crowds and getting there, not because the place was difficult to find, but there were guards dotted around in every corner.

The commoners were aware of the extra activity by the guards but they assumed it was nothing more than extra security.

Byul had stolen back to Baekhyun's quarters and got a few of her commoner robes, and snuck anothe robe from Eunhyuk's wardrobe for Suho.

They looked pretty commoner enough, but none of the guards wouldn't recognize Jeonha's bodyguard and girlfriend Byul and the prince Suho.

They met with an obstacle with every turn they took and constantly had to hide.

When they finally reached Minister Jung's residence, it was almost two hours later when the trip could have took half an hour.

Byul looked at the guard guarding the door. "We are here to meet Minister Jung."

"And you are?" the guard raised his brows cockily at them. He wasn't a Palace guard but a residential guard hence he didn't know who they were. Thank goodness.

"Prince Suho." Suho flashed his golden card sized plate at the guard. He seemed momentarily stunned and quickly bowed. "Your highness. Please come with me."

The great doors were opened and they were led inside. The first person they saw was Minister Jung himself, pacing in the courtyard. "Didn't I tell you I'm not receiving guests? Get them out." he ordered without looking.

Suho stepped up. "Minister Jung. It's prince Suho."

Minister Jung stopped in his steps and looked up with wide eyes. "Oh your highness!" he brightened and rushed over. "I apologize. I didn't know....you're here. My gosh you're alright?"

Suho nodded. "But the others aren't." he muttered grimly. He sighed and gestured to Byul. "This is Han Eunbyul, Jeonha's bodyguard and..."

"Lover yes I know." Minister Jung mused. Byul pinked despite the circumstances.

"We have come to ask for a favor Minister Jung. If you'll assist us." Suho bowed.

It didn't take long for them to tell the whole story. From Chanyeol's capture, to Baekhyun's plans of contacting EXO-M, to the capturing of the King and Queen and the bribery of all guards and maids.

"No wonder they didn't let me see the King." Minister Jung gasped. "Lord Park said Pyeha was ill but I didn't believe him. But I could do nothing about it since he's Pyeha's cousin." he muttered.

"They are after the throne?" Minister Jung asked.

"Yes." Byul nodded. She looked at Minister Jung pleadingly. "We've got to stop them, please."

"Yes." Minister Jung nodded. "I will contact the other ministers whom I am sure are not in cahoots with Lord Park. We will get our King and Queen back."

He stood up and smiled at them. "And for now as I seek help elsewhere, you two eat up. Looking famished, you two. I'll get the kitchen to find you guys something I eat." he bowed and strode off.

Byul let out a sigh and rested her head against the table. They hadn't slept since the previous day.

"Do you really think they're going to be alright?" Byul whispered.

Suho nodded. "We must believe in that Byul. Or the fight is going to be ten times harder."

The food came and Suho passed her a bun. "Eat up and sleep. Tomorrow we will fight." he nodded. "And please don't get hurt either, I shudder when I think of what Baekhyun would do to me if so."

Byul smiled softly at the mention of his name. She missed him so much.

*If only....Chanyeol-gun didn't turn bad.*

 

 

"The request is simple, hyung. I will let you guys off if you give Byul up to me." Chanyeol repeated, looking at Baekhyun. "Will you do it?"

Baekhyun stared up at Chanyeol. "You went through such lengths to get her? What about the throne? Your father wants you to have it."

Chanyeol shook his head. "If you'll give Byul up to me then I'll let you guys go without my father's knowledge. The soldiers are under my command more than my father's, everything depends on your decision."

Baekhyun swallowed. Byul....or the country?

"Don't give Byul noona up, Hyung!" Sehun hollered from the other end of the room. "Don't give up! They're going to save us!"

"Might I remind you that you've or limited time before my father decides to kill you off?" Chanyeol asked. "You have no choice Baekhyn hyung."

"Don't call me hyung after what you've done." Baekhyun snapped. He glared up at Chanyeol. "I won't do it."

"This country is mine to protect,I will not give up my throne." he growled. "And Eunbyul is mine to love and cherish. She is not an object to debate and bargain over. She will not love you even if I hand her over to you. Wake up, Yeol. This is futile."

"Only for you who has everything I want in the world." Chanyeol snorted. He looked at Baekhyun and a look of understanding passed.

Chanyeol grew irritated. "You're not going to agree aren't you?"

"No." Baekhyun muttered.

"Fine. And we'll see what's your answer at dawn when my father points a sword at your throat." Chanyeol stood up and pulled the blindfold and gag back in place. He gazed at his hyung's tired and haggard figure for a bit and felt a tinge of regret. Guilt. Hesitation.

And then Byul popped up in his mind.

HE met her first. HE fell for her first. HE was good to her when Baekhyun wasn't.

Why was it that Baekhyun was the one who got her love when he was left with nothing? It wasn't fair. That set his mood off instantly and the scowl returned to his face.

"Until then." Chanyeol walked off, slamming the door.

Baekhyun heard the other princes making sounds of protests and wondered if he did the right thing.

But what he did know was that if he wanted Chanyeol to wake up to reality, the last thing he should do was to compromise.