Guilt

My Bodyguard Princess

"D.O. ah, did you see where Chanyeol went to meditate?" Dahae asked.

D.O. bit his lip. "Uhhh..." he blanked, evidently not good at lying.

Suho cut in, helping his dongsaeng out. "Oh we don't know." he fibbed, knowing full well that Chanyeol was now in his own quarters and practicing his shooting.

"Chanyeol goes everywhere to meditate. It's not certain." Suho lied smoothly. He looked at Byul. "I thought you were with Baekhyun-gun?"

Dahae waved the matter away. "It's okay. I bet Jeonha wants time himself for calligraphy as well."

D.O. and Suho looked at each other. The fact that Baekhyun was showing of his writing skills showed that he wanted her to be impressed. And she's nowhere near there.

Dahae pouted. "Fine then, I'll go to his quarters to wait for him." she murmured and waved. "See you later!"

The princess went off and the two princes looked at each other in panic. "Oh no. We've got to warn Chanyeol hyung and get him out of there!" D.O. blurted.

Suho nodded. "You, run as fast as you can to Chanyeol and get him away before Dahae gongju reaches. I'll find a way to stall her."

They ran in separate directions at once. D.O. ran for Chanyeol's residence and Suho bolted for Kai and Sehun's.

He found the cousins lounging in the yard, Sehun chasing a squirrel while Kai was falling asleep on the bench.

"Get up and come with me!!" Suho yelled. "We've got to stop Dahae from getting to Chanyeol and convince her to go back to Baekhyun!"

Kai opened one eye. "Didn't hyung tell Dahae gongju that he's meditating and didn't want to be interrupted?"

"Yes he did. But Dahae wants to wait for Chanyeol at his residence and that's where he is right now!" Suho shrieked, losing his cool. "That's why we have to go now!!"

The three of them ran as quickly as they could to Chanyeol's quarters and saw Dahae just making her way there. Apparently she had stopped for a bit to admire the flowers and such because she stuck a flower in her hair in attempt to charm Chanyeol.

Suho whacked Sehun and Kai on the back ad they bounced over to Dahae, the two most incredible stall-ers in the era.

"Dahae gongju~" Sehun sang cutely.

Dahae blinked, surprised. Was this Sehun? The maknae who would always use his aegyo on every single person except her?

"Hi Sehun-gun. Hi Kai-gun." Dahae smiled softly, adjusting the flower in her hair.

Kai put on his charming smile. He didn't use it often, but he knew how much Chanyeol hated Dahae pestering him and how Baekhyun loved Dahae for some contorted reason.

"What are you doing here Dahae?" He asked, adjusting his hat on his head to a 45 degree charming angle.

"Uhm I'm here to see Chanyeol-him of course." Dahae responded. "Uhm if you'll excuse me..."

"Hyung isn't home!" Sehun waved his hands to block her. "He's out meditating!!"

"I know." Dahae looked at Sehun strangely, not knowing where this weird behavior came from. "I'm just going to wait for him here then."

"It's no use." Kai cut in. "Hyung meditates for hours at a go. I bet he's going to come back only at dinner."

"Dinner?" Dahae pouted, crest fallen. "But that's so long away." she sighed. "Maybe I should just go-"

All three heads turned when the large red wooden doors to the residence opened and out tumbled D.O. and Chanyeol himself.

They froze when they saw Byul, Kai and Sehun staring back at them. Kai mentally smacked himself and shook his head. *Retards.*

Chanyeol's face fell when he saw Dahae. He elbowed D.O. as they stood up. "I told you we should take the back gate!" he hissed.

D.O. only gave him a pout as Dahae came over to him immediately. "Chanyeol-gun! I finally found you!!" she cooed.

Chanyeol swallowed. Great, another few hours with this woman. Just kill him, really.

 

 

"Hyung!" Chanyeol ran up to Baekhyun, smiling.

Baekhyun looked surprised to see him. It took him immense amount of patience and love not to hate Chanyeol though, because the girl he liked was in love with his dongsaeng.

"Hey Yeol." Baekhyun looked at him. "What are you doing here? I thought Dahae said she went to find you."

Chanyeol made a face. "Ugh. The other princes were helping me to escape before she found me, but that stupid D.O. persuaded me to use the front door and we just stumbled into Dahae." he grumbled. "She latched onto me there after."

Baekhyun bit his lip, feeling the twinge of envy. "Where is she now then?" he looked around.

"She said she wanted to go walking around the gardens so we did for a while." Chanyeol explained. "But I sneaked away without her looking." he shuddered.

Baekhyun frowned. "And left her alone?"

"Hyung I'm not you. I'm not in love with Dahae and I don't have the patience to deal with her either. Don't fault me for that." Chanyeol defended. Baekhyun nodded, still feeling that leaving his beloved princess alone in the gardens in a cruel cruel thing.

Chanyeol looked around, scratching his head. "Where's Byul? She doesn't normally stray away from you."

Baekhyun smirked at the mention of her. "Oh Han Eunbyul? I sent her to the capital city to get me pancak-"

"You what?" Chanyeol shot up from the seat which he just plopped on. "You sent her all the way to the capital city?"

Baekhyun blinked. "Hey chill. It's just the capital city. Walk a few miles and you're there." he shrugged. "Told her I'd forgive her if she did."

"You're horrible, hyung!" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, disgusted. "You're angry with her for so long when she didn't even mean her words. It's the truth that Dahae likes me more than you, so accept that. And change it because I want that too." he muttered. "Don't vent your unhappiness on Byul."

"Im not!" Baekhyun murmured, even though he knew he was. Kind of.

"And you sent her to walk all the way to capital city?" Chanyeol felt faint. "Do you know how long the journey is?"

Baekhyun pouted. "Yeah it's long but she's Han Eunbyul. She can handle that little distance. Easy."

"Yeah when she isn't injured because of you." Chanyeol blurted angrily. Baekhyun snapped his eyes towards Chanyeol questioningly. "You say what?"

Chanyeol bit his lip. Byul made him promise not to say, but....

"When you put those banana peels on the floor, Byul fell and injured her calf." Chanyeol explained. "It bled quite a lot and it looked really bad. She doesn't accept medication from me but I'm afraid she might get an infection with that wound."

He shot Baekhyun a look. "And you sent her out with that leg?"

Baekhyun faltered. He dug in his memories and realized how Byul walked funny for the past days. Even Sehun noticed it.

"I didn't know..." Baekhyun whispered in shock.

Chanyeol casted him a dirty look. "You don't ever know things. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go to the gate to wait for Byul to come back." he huffed and stomped away.

Baekhyun stared into the distance, feeling the guilt eating away his heart. He felt terrible.

Deep down he knew he was being unfair to Byul because of the little thing she said. Chanyeol may be right. He was just venting his frustration from his failed romance on her. She was innocent.

*Damn. Byun Baekhyun, you're such a jerk.* Baekhyun looked where Chanyeol went and ran after him.

"Wait!! I'll come with you!!"