Shot

My Bodyguard Princess

What commenced after the arrow was shot was utter chaos.

Baekhyun let out a strangled yell as he stepped back unsteadily. The arrow was fired with accuracy and strength. If Baekhyun hadn't turned around to look at what it was before it came, it would have pierced through his back and into his heart.

His Jihye and Jihyun twin bodyguards absolutely panicked at the sudden attack. They crouched down in fright and squealed. "KYAAAA!!"

"The Crown Prince is shot! Protect the Prince!" someone hollered.

Other guards came running towards Baekhyun and crowded around him as he tended to his injured arm. It hurt like hell.

Baekhyun leaned against the brick wall, his lips and face pale. The other EXO-K princes rushed to his side upon hearing what happened.

"Baekhyun hyung! Are you alright?" Sehun looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"Catch the damned attacker!" Baekhyun hissed in pain. "Get the freaking person who shot this stick in my arm!"

Chanyeol spun around and grabbed a sword from one of the guards nearby. He was the one with the best fighting skills in EXO-K.

Just as he was about to give chase, he saw a particular familiar girl running after the assassin with her sword steady in her hands.

She ran straight for the wall, and Chanyeol wondered what the hell she was doing. Was she attempting to commit suicide by smashing her brains on the wall?

What surprised him was that this girl used the wall as support and she actually propelled herself upwards with a firm kick against the wall.

She did a flip in the air and  crossed to the other side of the wall. There were other guards around who tried to follow as she did, but they weren't able to follow.

*Its that girl from military school.* Chanyeol thought. He quickly ran after her, in hope of catching up. He too used the same methods he saw her using and crossed over the tall walls that were plentiful in the Palace.

Chanyeol saw her running quickly across the yard and caught a glimpse of the masked assassin as he dodged out of sight. Chanyeol's long legs brought him hurtling towards the action and he ran as fast as he could.

He passed around the corner and finally caught up with the mystery girl who was looking around and scanning the surroundings alertly.

"Where is he?" Chanyeol panted, looking around, his sword ready.

The girl frowned and pursed her lips together. "He's gone." she murmured. Chanyeol detected a hint of resentment and disbelief.

"He just disappeared after I followed him here." She mumbled in wonder as she looked around. "I don't know where he went."

She turned to look at Chanyeol and literally took his breath away. Which wasn't a very good thing since he was already panting from the run.

"Whaa..." Chanyeol was speechless for a second.

This girl was freaking beautiful. She was perspiring of course, but her large eyes never stopped looking around with awareness.

Dressed top to toe in men's clothing, she still looked even more beautiful than any of the other princesses Chanyeol had ever seen.

"I'm sorry I couldn't catch him." she bowed.

Chanyeol swallowed. "It's oka-" he was saying, when someone else yelled behind them.

"BYUL!!!!" a guy ran towards them. "BYUL ARE YOU OKAY? Did you catch the guy?"

The girl, who apparently was called Byul turned to the other male guard who ran towards them. "Eunhyuk oppa." she nodded. "Mianhae. I couldn't catch up."

Eunhyuk sighed. "It's okay Byul. At least you're fine." At this point, he finally noticed Chanyeol and he bowed.

"Your Highness." Eunhyuk bowed respectfully. He looked at Byul. "Come. We have to go."

Byul bowed to Chanyeol and then hurried off. Chanyeol looked at them go and his gaze was fixed on Byul's back till he was out of sight.

*Byul.* he thought. *Fitting name for a girl that shines like a star.*

 

 

"Will you just change your bodyguards?" The King retorted angrily.

The King and Queen visited Baekhyun in his quarters as he recuperated and fixed his injured arm.

Fortunately, the arrow shot his left arm which was his non dominant arm, so he could still write with his right. However it created quite a nasty scar and it hurt like hell.

Baekhyun, who had grown up in luxury and comfort all his life in the Palace, took the pain surprisingly well. What he was more concerned of was whether the assassin was caught.

"Did you catch the assassin, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked as his cousin entered his room.

Chanyeol shook his head regretfully. "I'm afraid not." he notified. "The assassin was skilled. And he escaped somewhere before we could see where he went."

"We should find out who this assassin works for, Abeoji." Baekhyun looked over at the King. "This is a pressing matter."

The King rolled his eyes. "Or course it is. And so is the matter of your bodyguards so don't you try to change the topic now, Baekhyun."

The Queen nodded in agreement. "For your information, we've sacked Jihye and Jihyun, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun pouted. "What? But they were the prettiest out of all the ones who came for the interview!" he protested.

"But they aren't even fit to be called bodyguards, Baekhyun!" The King roared. "They can't even lift a bow an arrow! We have to change your bodyguards for the sake of your safety. What did I say about the twins, huh? They can't handle anything at all."

"Fine." Baekhyun relented. "But get me pretty girls okay?" he bargained. "I don't want to see an ugly guy all the twenty four hours of the day."

"Baekhyun!" the King snapped. "How many times must I tell you that a bodyguard isn't for looking but for your protection purposes? We have to get you a capable male bodyguard! Especially after what happened tonight!"

"But Abeoji-"

"Stop." the Queen raised her hand. She looked between her son and the King. "I have just the person for the job."

"Is it a guy/girl?" both the Crown Prince and the King echoed at the same time.

"It's a girl. A very pretty girl." the Queen smiled.

Baekhyun whooped happily at the news while the King looked absolutely devastated.

"But my lady-" the King looked at his wife. The Queen sent a small reassuring smile as she signaled for her husband to leave their son to rest.

The other Exo-k princes bowed as the King and Queen left, and the Queen took the King's arm.

"What are you thinking, my lady?" the King frowned. "Send a female bodyguard again? And a very pretty one at that? I bet Baekhyun would charm her hanbok before she knows it, and she wouldn't even pay attention to her job." he huffed.

The Queen chuckled softly. "Don't you trust me, my lord?" she grinned. "You know me better than to spoil our son unnecessarily."

She smiled as they walked past the pond. "She's a real beauty, even more than your favorite niece my lord." she laughed at the King annoyed expression.

"And she just graduated from Military Academy today." the Queen notified. "She's marvelous at fighting and sword play, and from what I heard, an accurate shooter as well."

The King nodded. If his wife said that girl was this capable, it meant the girl was really something.

"But my lady, she's still a girl." the King rolled his eyes. "Not that I'm proud or anything but Baekhyun charms ladies of all ages. What makes you think this one won't as well?"

The Queen giggled softly. "That's where you don't know Han Eunbyul, my lord." she told him.

"She's not just any girl."