Martial Arts Noob

My Bodyguard Princess

If you were thinking that after the incident between Baekhyun and Byul, things were going to be any different, you'd be thinking terribly wrong.

They were back to their normal selves as if Baekhyun hadn't just escaped the close call of ruining his right to the throne and Byul didn't get beaten to a pulp because of it. The brothel incident was forgotten once more as the two bickered and quarrelled like they had before.

Baekhyun soon found himself complaining to the EXO-K princes about Byul again and he had no idea Byul was doing the same to her friend Eunhyuk whenever she ran into him around the Palace.

"She's so mean!" Baekhyun whined. "She said I was a gorilla with a viper as a tongue and that even pigs are insulted to be called my relatives!"

"Oooohhhh." The EXO-K princes laughed. "Harsh."

"But context, hyung." Chanyeol looked at his hyung knowingly. "What did you say to her before that?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he pinked. "I didn't say anything!" he protested innocently.

"It isn't good for the Crown Prince to lie you know, I heard he'd get pimples." Kai murmured.

Baekhyun made a face and bit his lip. "Well, something along the lines of her being a strong buffalo with the face of a hippo that no one wants to marry." he whispered, hoping no one heard.

They all did. "Hyung!" Sehun frowned cutely. "You're a big fat meanie!"

Baekhyun stuck his arms at the side of his waist and frowned. "But she's still bullying me!" he defended himself. "She always twists my arms when I try to escape, and punches my chest when I say anything bad to her!"

"Then you should try to learn martial arts, hyung." D.O. suggested. "You should use her strength against her! IF you're proficient in martial arts, you don't need to be afraid anymore!"

 

 

Which was how Baekhyun ended up in the courtyard with a band around his forehead and standing in a ridiculous position with three blocks of wood on his head.

"How is this supposed to help me again?" Baekhyun asked, his voice an octave higher than his usual one.

"Stop talking and concentrate on the chi." The Military Academy's Principal, Principal Kim, was called over to the Palace to help Baekhyun with his martial arts lessons.

The Queen and the King were looking from the second floor, smiling widely. They were pleased beyond anything that their son had suddenly decided to pick up this skill when he had always been lazy with sports and trying to keep himself fit.

He suddenly barged into their quarters and announced that he wanted to learn martial arts and beat Byul's sorry . And they were absolutely delighted.

Beat Byul's sorry ? Pfffttt. But at least their lazy son was willing to move. This Han Eunbyul was really something to be able to evoke such emotions in their son, even though it was looking more of hatred and dislike at the moment.

Baekhyun scowled at Principal Kim and his frown turned even deeper when he caught Byul giggling from the side. Some of the other guards were looking on since they heard that their beloved Principal had been summoned into the Palace to teach the Crown Prince martial arts and they were all interested.

Eunhyuk found Byul and was happy to see his friend again. He made a face when Baekhyun trembled from his half squat even though he had just been in that position for less than two minutes. (Though from personal experience, two minutes is kind of a killer if you're doing it properly hehe)

"Is he really the Crown Prince or is he a fake?" Eunhyuk scoffed. "Which guy can't do half squats for at least five minutes?"

Byul laughed. "Because he's the Crown Prince, that's why he can't do it. Get the facts right oppa." she knocked his head.

Eunhyuk laughed and nodded, joking around with her. Chanyeol looked on from the side jealously, wondering who that guy was. He walked past them, clearing his throat intentionally.

"Oh Chanyeol-gun! What are you doing here?" Byul noticed him.

Chanyeol brightened and turned to look at her. "Oh Byul ah!" he beamed brightly. "I'm here to see Baekhyun hyung practice martial arts for the first time. The other princes are here too." he pointed.

Byul looked over and saw the other four princes waving in her direction, Sehun the most enthusiastic as he jumped up and down with that sun-like smile plastered on his face.

"Woah Byul, you're familiar with the princes already?" Eunhyuk gaped, a little surprised at their familiarity. Chaneyol smiled and slung his arm around Byul's shoulder. "Yeah, we're very familiar with each other." he stressed.

Byul blinked up at Chanyeol confusedly. Eunhyuk caught Chanyeol's meaning and couldn't help but tease the poor prince. "Awww I'm heart broken, Byul~" he sniffed. "Have you gotten another man besides me?" he tugged on Byul's arm, pouting.

Byul looked at him blankly. Eunhyuk resisted the urge to laugh and continued. "Don't you remember how we bathed together in the past?" he pouted.

"That was when we were young you idiot!!" Byul rolled her eyes and knocked on Eunhyuk's head. She looked over at Chanyeol embarrassedly, noting his totally shocked expression at what Eunhyuk had said. "He's just my childhood friend."

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief. "Oh really?"

"Not really friend right? Brother, more like." Eunhyun grinned at Byul. "Even our names match, Eunhyuk Eunbyul. I think we should have just be siblings."

Byul laughed and shook her head, turning her attention back to Baekhyun. He was now wailing on the floor and massaging his thighs, complaining about the pain.

"Aish I don't want to train my fitness already!" Baekhyun complained. "Sword. I want to learn sword play." he demanded.

A sword was sent to Baekhyun, one of the best too. Principal Kim did some dramatic moves and twirled around with the sword, such that the sound of metal cutting air could be heard.

He passed it over to Baekhyun, who tried to take it as suavely as he could. His arm trembled slightly when he held it, completely surprised that it weighed much more than he expected it to be.

He gripped it with two hands and swallowed, the metal gleaming in the sunlight. It looked completely scary, and if he only just lost control of it for a bit, someone would get hurt.

"Okay, now follow my actions." Principal Kim ordered.

He swiped the sword in the air left and right. Baekhyun followed, his sword trembling even as he held it up with two hands.

"Good good, now turn a full round." Principal Kim demostrated, turning a round and pointing the sword ahead of him.

Baekhyun nodded and followed. The sword was getting heavier and heavier in his hands as he held it, and he wondered how Byul was able to do those fancy moves holding to this darned thing.

He turned a round and faced the front, wanting to end off with a suave pose.

...

Only to drop the sword with a clang onto the floor. He hopped back, startled.

Principal Kim sighed and shook his head, frowning. Baekhyun groaned, feeling humiliated. "Aish!! This is hard!" he groaned.

"Not really." Principal Kim encouraged. "Chanyeol-gun, would you care to demonstrate?"

Chanyeol nodded and took the sword from the ground. He closed his eyes, channeling his chi and started flipping around the air and doing extremely skillful moves that Baekhyun didn't dare to imagine.

Baekhyun glanced at Byul from the corner of his eye and saw her clapping for Chanyeol. He scowled and wrinkled his nose. *Aish! Stupid martial arts.*